The Olympics are over!
What the hell do we do now?!
The Olympics are over!
What the hell do we do now?!
I'm confused - just noticed thread 11 is still open but 12 is locked So maybe the title of this can get changed to 13 please?
o.o I dunno. There is rhythmic gymnastics but I just can't get into it like I can artistic. Though will watch the competition.
I feel satisfied about the results at the Olympics. Some big surprises though and too messy for my liking and who knew so much would hinge on bloody tie-breaks.
Apparently all the Chinese leos bar those worn in QR/TF were designed by He Kexin I said in the thread as well that I thought DLL and HQS were best dressed.
Maybe HKX is planning a fashion career post-gymnastics?
Good for He Kexin-I liked the Chinese leos.
And I really wish gymnastics was still going on. ITA about rhythmic gymnastics--not my thing at all. I still don't know how they're being judged.
NCAA season starts in...! half a year oyyy.
...can't say I'm a fan of NCAA
Tasha schwikert is Jordyn Wieber's agent?
I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.
1. One of the lows is Wieber not being allowed to compete in the AA.
2. Komova's meltdown during the BB finals
3. The errors in judging
4. US men getting only one medal
1. Aliya's four medals
2. Gabby's gold in the AA
3. All those surprise gold medalists in the EF
4. Tweddle's bronze
“Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare
1. Aliya Mustafina winning four medals including UB gold
2. Gabby winning the AA
3. Deng Linlin winning beam
4. He Kexin winning UB silver after two awful years
5. Afanasyeva's floor
6. The four big nations (USA, China, Russia, Romania) each getting an individual gold
7. Getting to be there live!!!
8. Marcel Nguyen
9. The Korean chap winning vault
1. Afanasyeva's floor not medalling
2. The general state of FX's
3. The Russians crumbling in the TF
4. Yao Jinnan's troubles
5. Hannah Whelan scoring a 0 on vault
6. Gabby and Vika losing it in the EF's
7. All the bloody awful leotards
8. Philipp Boy
9. All the tiebreak
Last edited by Loves_Shizuka; 08-10-2012 at 12:01 PM.
1. Shannon Miller commentating. OMG she was absolutely fab and a revelation.
2. Deng Linlin winning beam
3. Kexin winning silver on UB and Ponor silver on Floor
4. Aliya Mustafina's amazing comeback
5. The Russian men
6. Marcel Nguyen's double silvers
7. Men's Event Finals
1. Condition of Yao Jinnan. I'm still shocked and that vault scared the shit out of me.
2. Larisa Iordache. Not what I wanted to see.
3. Bloody ties
4. Too many misses especially on the womens side
5. Kohei Uchimura who honestly I thought looked a mess
6. Phillip Boy injuring his foot on bloody vault
7. Ponor and beam. If only she did her beam like in Team Final
8. So many routines missed due to waiting for scores. :bleh:
1. Marcel Nguyen
2. Weiber not making AA finals
3. Grishina UB score
4. Maroney missing her vault
5. Raisman scoring 15.6 on floor when I thought no way in hell that would happen.
1. Anastasia Grishina finds redemption
2. Larisa Iordache finds redemption
3. Yao Jinnan finds redemption
4. Wieber comes back
5. Ohashi sorts her vault troubles so she can become one of the top AAers of the next quad
6. Russian men kick butt in Rio.
Komova arriving home
Someone on IG translated:
"She says that she has not been home for 7 months and the thing she misses the most is her dog! She saw her mom in London and her dad after she came out of the car, so now she misses her dog!
She confirms that she said that she wanted to retire in the midst of emotion but now she wants to continue.
Everyone is so happy for her. Her dad says that most people just dream of going to the Olympics, so to win two silvers is huge. He says that she went to win gold but then laughs and says she told him she would bring them back in the next Olympics.
Her dad says that she will rest and then Vika and her coach will decide to continue training or continue resting, that it will be a joint decision. "
Thanks for the translation!
I must have missed her saying that she wanted to retire. I can understand how that can happen in the midst of disappointment. good for her for going on!
Closed 11 and lets just let sleeping dogs lie with 12 part 1 so carry on with 12 part deux!!
Seriously though - WHAT are we going to do?
Aliya!!!!! and I have a montage already in the works
Gabby's AA win
US WAG team in general
BRIT MAG team and Tweddle
McKayla's TF vault
Komova's AA FX
Zonderland stopping Zou Kai from winning HB
Raisman for sending a gazillion gym snobs into total meltdown
US mens team - WTF happened after prelims??????
VT EF - nuff said
Raisman's parents I would totally be if I was so unfortunate to have been sat behind them!
NBC coverage - downloaded it for a laugh and the different camera angles but BBC is just soooooo much better it isn't even funny.
Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist
"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011
In interviews on NBC Live, both Gabby and Aly confirmed they want to be in Rio
So far, there are so many top names saying they want to continue; it will be interesting to see how many actually make it.
Last edited by Loves_Shizuka; 08-10-2012 at 06:11 PM.