Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    one of the lady soccer players, i think she's american, looks a lot like draco malfoy. or at least the girl that plays draco in "a very potter musical"
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    Total medal count is now 52 - Wouldn't it be cool for the team to hit 60 - Fitting for a Diamond Jubilee year
    That really is impressive, especially when you consider the population of G.B. compared to the populations of the countries with more medals.

I wonder how Brazil will do next time.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    PML at dancing horsies! Why is this not on my TV more?

During the super patriotic musical selection that was the winning Brit Routine I was thinking it was better than skating !!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Absolutely, Karine Sergerie tomorrow is the reigning Olympic Silver Medalist in Taekwondo and then our best hope for gold... Catherine Pendrel in Women's mountain bike, She's the favorite to win, 4th in Beijing, reigning World Champion, Overall World Cup Champion, Won the test event here, so she's ready and primed to go...

Major Congratulations to Afghanistan for winning just their second ever Olympic Medal from Rohullah Nikpah in Taekwondo, defending his bronze medal from four years ago. Huge congrats to him.
    Indeed Major Congratulations to him!! That's just outstanding when you stop to think what his training facilities must be like.

I can still remember when the team from Syria entered during the Opening Ceremonies and the story of how one of the runners was trying to train while at the same time having to avoid snipers. Amazing they're there at all.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Wouldn't be an Olympics without a good old wuzrobbed!

Defeated Olympic finalist Sofya Ochigava was less than impressed by the manner of her 10-8 loss to newly-crowned champion Katie Taylor this afternoon and reiterated claims of a conspiracy this evening.

The Russian lightweight, who yesterday claimed the judges would favour Taylor in the second women's final of the day, said today that as far as she was concerned it was the same old story.

"As usual they tried their best to let the Irish win," she told reporters, "the judges as usual corrected the scores in her favour just as they did during the world championships to let Katie win," Ochigava told reporters through a translator. "What can I say now?"
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    What gives with the US medalists this week getting to wear dark blue track suits for the medal ceremonies rather than the boxy gray prison suits the swimmers and gymnasts had to wear?

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    The USA/Spain waterpolo match is starting as well. I'm going back and forth between them.

I'm still PML at people who thought Maks abused Hope Solo on DWTS. She could him any time she wanted with one hand tied behind her back.
    Someone on one of my other boards was complaining about how she abused Maks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley Sage View Post
    Someone on one of my other boards was complaining about how she abused Maks.
    Hmmm ... I think I could almost picture that happening given what I've read and heard about the two of them

Actually, given that they are apparently both people with opinions which they aren't shy about sharing, I think the air might have gotten a bit "blue" and thick at times.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Wheeee, another bronze in wrestling! I hope we can win a gold in the BMX 6 medals is twice as many as we've ever gotten before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Wheeee, another bronze in wrestling! I hope we can win a gold in the BMX 6 medals is twice as many as we've ever gotten before.
    I somehow managed to read that as "another gold in arm wrestling and was like... man, the Olympics get weirder every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    one of the lady soccer players, i think she's american, looks a lot like draco malfoy. or at least the girl that plays draco in "a very potter musical"
    Megan Rapinoe?

vCash
    You always look for the athletes who might be a bit more forthcoming or enertaining in interviews and I've found Rapinoe to be refreshingly candid, funny and down to earth. A guy at another site has such a crush on her but of course he knows his chances are nil and none with Megan.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Can I put on my dunce cap and ask a question that may have already been answered. I've been watching a bit of the Games now and then and as it's all winding down find myself in front of the TV watching some track on BBC. The British commentator announces "Great Britain and Northern Ireland" as third in the relay heat and their jerseys have GBR on them.

My question is. why aren't they going under the United Kingdom?
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Because they've been "branded" as Team GB for the Games?

I honestly haven't a clue, but it's the only thing I can think of.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    Can I put on my dunce cap and ask a question that may have already been answered. I've been watching a bit of the Games now and then and as it's all winding down find myself in front of the TV watching some track on BBC. The British commentator announces "Great Britain and Northern Ireland" as third in the relay heat and their jerseys have GBR on them.

Because they never have at the Olympics. Precedent and tradition count for a lot.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post

Not much but according to Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_B...t_the_Olympics

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Thanks. Hadn´t really noticed it before. It just struck me when the commentator added "and Northern Ireland" because the GBR alone seems to exclude them. According to Wiki, trustworthy source that it is . I'm not alone in thinking that.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    It's probably because the IOC country codes are three letters long and GBRNI doesn't fit.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    It's probably because the IOC country codes are three letters long and GBRNI doesn't fit.
    I suppose the could do UK and if they want to fill in the third spot.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast