vCash
    And another wrestling gold for Japan!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post

And congrats to Verbeek on the silver!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tralfamadorian View Post
    Oh my goodness, you guys please give a huge cheer to the Hungarian girl Eva Risztov for winning the 10km marathon, this was totally unexpected and this girl has been through SO much. She used to be a freestyle/butterfly/medley swimmer and has been harassed and put down and written off and just plain ignored by the Hungarian media so many times because she "failed" to become the prodigy eveyone wanted her to be ("failure"=winning "only" silver/bronze at world and euro championships and never winning an oly medal) she retired in 2005 and then she came back as an open water swimmer a few years ago.
    She was completely ignored this time around too, this was the first medal ceremony for where you couldn't hear any Hungarians chanting in the background, which is saying a lot because the Hungarian hardcore fans are great at showing up and cheering loud as hell for all of our athletes and despite this being a free event, it seems noone but family even came to cheer for her. So please can you give her a cheer, she deserves it so much! Amazing girl!!!

And cheers also for the silver medalist Haley Anderson for an amazing finish, so so close!
    Thank you so much for providing the backstory. A HUGE bravo to her! I'm so glad she was able to achieve this!

I have mixed feelings about this football match.

The Canadian team played very well throughout the tournament, especially in the last couple of games, so I am happy they were able to get a medal. Given the issues they've had with injuries, I am particularly impressed with what they were able to accomplish here. I have to say that I love how Sinclair is not only a wicked striker but also makes some great defensive plays. Congrats!

Having said that, France definitely outplayed Canada, at least in the second half, and I hate seeing a team play that well and lose. Striking the post like that must have been heartbreaking for them...so, so close. I loved how they attacked and created chances. They have so much to be proud of. Bravo to them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    And congrats to Verbeek on the silver!
    Congrats to them both!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Both Irish and Japanese flagbearers get gold!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    And CTV was saying how this is the first time that a female Japanese athlete who was also the Flagbearer at the Opening Ceremonies has come through to win the Gold Medal in any of the sports of those athletes.

No pressure there at all...

Congratulations to her and to Tanya on her final Olympic Medal!! She's been the face of Women's Wrestling in Canada for so long and now she's going into the Coaching ranks. Won't be the last we see her at the Games me thinks, only just not on the mat.

vCash
    US-Japan gold medal soccer game has started and the US is out to an early 1-0 lead. Wish I could actually watch it, but I've got work to do.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    US-Japan gold medal soccer game has started and the US is out to an early 1-0 lead. Wish I could actually watch it, but I've got work to do.
    I have it on now. Who is this announcer. I like his voice - English and deep and rich and sort of velvety. Now I will find out he doesn't look the way he sounds. Right?

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    The USA/Spain waterpolo match is starting as well. I'm going back and forth between them.

I'm still PML at people who thought Maks abused Hope Solo on DWTS. She could him any time she wanted with one hand tied behind her back.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I have it on now. Who is this announcer. I like his voice - English and deep and rich and sort of velvety. Now I will find out he doesn't look the way he sounds. Right?
    I think it is this guy:

https://twitter.com/arlowhite

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I'm still PML at people who thought Maks abused Hope Solo on DWTS. She could him any time she wanted with one hand tied behind her back.
    She is amazing. As are all these women soccer players. So fit and so physical. My daughter plays soccer and I wish she could see more of this, just to understand what girls can do if they work at it. It might balance out all the princess toys she has.

I've got the game on, but I am trying not to watch too much so I can get my work done and head out of town tomorrow for a long weekend. It isn't working. It looks like I'll have to come in the office tomorrow morning.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    I think it is this guy:

https://twitter.com/arlowhite

She is amazing. As are all these women soccer players. So fit and so physical. My daughter plays soccer and I wish she could see more of this, just to understand what girls can do if they work at it. It might balance out all the princess toys she has.

I've got the game on, but I am trying not to watch too much so I can get my work done and head out of town tomorrow for a long weekend. It isn't working. It looks like I'll have to come in the office tomorrow morning.
    I hope you're right about the announcer. mm mm.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    I texted a mate earlier that I was watching horses dance to 'Nutcracker' and 'Land Of Hope And Glory' and she texted back:

'Shaz, you've always said that you cant cope with drinking before 7pm, so stop it now'

Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tralfamadorian View Post
    Oh my goodness, you guys please give a huge cheer to the Hungarian girl Eva Risztov for winning the 10km marathon
    I knew none of this - thanks for the back story! Yay Eva! That is very inspiring.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    From the BBC live text page:

BEACH VOLLEYBALL
    It is tighter than a pair of shunken speedoes out in the final of the men's beach volleyball. Brazil's Alison Cerutti and Emanuel Rego are level at 16-16 in the first set with Germany's Jonas Reckerman and Julius Brink.

Just how many beaches are there in Germany?

Resident Rude Brazilian
    vCash
    And it's another Brazil x USA in women's volleyball...

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Well...That produced quite the mental image...

vCash
    Mens GB hockey team being absolutely slaughtered by the Dutch in their semi - currently losing 9-2 with 3 or so minutes to go

vCash
    USA wins the gold 8-5 over spain in Women's Water Polo.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    USA wins the gold 8-5 over spain in Women's Water Polo.
    Yay!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Memo from USA women's teams to men's teams
    Gold is how you do it boys.

Gynmastics
    Beach volleyball
    Waterpolo
    Soccer

Girls Rule
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast