Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i hate this tip toeing motion the horses are forced to do
    Like something out of Disney's "Fantasia"......

vCash
    I was watching women's wrestling and checking the Bronze soccer game every so often. Couldn't believe it was still scoreless late in the second half and even moreso after seeing how many times a player from France hit some metal.

Congrats on winning the bronze, Team Canada.

Oh, and about Herdman -- probably the best thing to happen to Canadian soccer!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I definitely had a really detailed dream about diving last night. Is this a sign I'm watching too much Olympics? Or just the right amount?
    Just the right amount IMO I'm a little biased, as I have been having several Olympic dreams, generally involving me as a competitor. At one point, I had such a realistic dream where I won an Olympic medal that I really believed it. Although I don't even know what sport it was in

Quote Originally Posted by tralfamadorian View Post
    Oh my goodness, you guys please give a huge cheer to the Hungarian girl Eva Risztov for winning the 10km marathon, this was totally unexpected and this girl has been through SO much.
    Awww, I love these kind of stories...I haven't seen the 10km swim, but I will have to check it out when I get home tonight.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Clare Balding is on Twitter! #Legend
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    synchro swimmers using music from the sequel of the blair witch project, lol. that should be an extra tenth.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Congrats to CDN wrestler Tanya Verbeek for making it to the gold medal match!!

vCash
    Amazing win for Canadian soccer women.

vCash
    Charlotte Dujardin wins Team GB's 23rd Gold in the individual dressage!!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Terry Gannon's voice is getting hoarse. He's such a announcer.

And the gold medal water polo game is coming up. A rematch againt Spain which ended in a tie, a nip slip, and attempted drowning. Can't wait to watch.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tralfamadorian View Post
    Oh my goodness, you guys please give a huge cheer to the Hungarian girl Eva Risztov for winning the 10km marathon, this was totally unexpected and this girl has been through SO much. ... She was completely ignored this time around too, this was the first medal ceremony for where you couldn't hear any Hungarians chanting in the background, which is saying a lot because the Hungarian hardcore fans are great at showing up and cheering loud as hell for all of our athletes and despite this being a free event, it seems noone but family even came to cheer for her. So please can you give her a cheer, she deserves it so much! Amazing girl!!!

And cheers also for the silver medalist Haley Anderson for an amazing finish, so so close!
    for Eva and for Haley!

But a big to this part of the NBColympics.com article about the race:
    Martina Grimaldi of Italy disappointed the huge crowd that lined the lake in one of London's most iconic royal parks, claiming bronze in the 10-kilometer race ahead of British world champion Keri-Anne Payne.

Grimaldi finished in 1:57:41.8, while Payne's lunge for the pad was only good enough for fourth. She missed the podium by four-tenths of a second, having not only failed to give Britain its first swimming gold of the London Games but any medal at all.

The home country has just one chance left, the men's open water marathon on Friday.
    I guess they meant that Payne failed to win any medal for herself, but when I read those sentences it seemed they were saying that GB hadn't won any swimming medals at all, and I know they have three bronze medals. I guess it's all in sentence structure.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Why are all the American volleyball players playing in Europe? What happened to Volleyball in the US?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Build-up to Katie Taylor fight. So nervous!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Way to go Charlotte Dujardin and Laura Bechtolsheimer for wining gold and bronze respectively in the dressage event. Loved Charlotte and Valegro's music - very patriotic and last night of the proms feel to it and done beautifully!!!

23rd gold and 50th medal in total for Team GB

vCash
    Top O' da Mornin, Jaynie Mackaronie, Oh be the hokey, Jesus, Mary and Joseph.............

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KATIE!

Go n-éirí an t-ádh leat!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    RTE not mentioning the fact that she has to fight an opponent. Gold isn't guaranteed lads!

vCash
    USA ladies going to the Volleyball gold medal match! (If I'm reading the bracket right)

vCash
    USA ladies going to the Volleyball gold medal match! (If I'm reading the bracket right)
    Yep, they beat South Korea 3-0. But the game was a lot closer than the score line suggests - I had no idea the Koreans had such a good team.

vCash
    Nicola Adams from Team GB gets the 1st womens gold medal in boxing - yyyeeesss

Vacant
    vCash
    Wheeeeee for more GB GOLD Gotta love Nicola Adams, she's from my family's hometown. Bringin' it back for Leeds innit

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    The USA ladies' teamsports are awesome. Waterpolo, soccer, volleyball all through to gold medal round and the basketball team is in the semi today. Both beach volleyball teams in the medal round. Way to go ladies.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast