Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Wow, two medals in the women's long jump?! I missed that when I was being spoiled earlier today. Congrats ladies!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    GULFPORT GIRL WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <----double happy tears.

Oooo, Merritt again *tears over*
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    I saw an interview today with Harper and Wells where they were asked about their reaction and they also took a pretty big diss at Lolo Jones. I was surprised.

I found it.

ETA: I wanted VCB to medal.
    i dont follow track and field at all. why dont they like lolo?

i can see lolo and tebow together and people can call them lobow
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    or tebolo

American hurdler boys both cute

vCash
    I love how the races are so fast that we get to see them again 10 more times with different angles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    I love how the races are so fast that we get to see them again 10 more times with different angles.
    Imagine if they did that with swimming events

vCash
    I saw an interview today with Harper and Wells where they were asked about their reaction and they also took a pretty big diss at Lolo Jones. I was surprised.

I found it.

ETA: I wanted VCB to medal.
    Sort of surprising they would be so up front about things. On the other hand, Lolo has been milking her story for a long time, at least in my mind. I hadn't heard much of Dawn's story at all. I don't blame her for feeling a little bit ignored.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i still cant believe what jenner did to his face. his nose doesnt even look functional.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Yikes. There must be more to it than just Dawn feeling ignored; Kellie laid it out there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i still cant believe what jenner did to his face. his nose doesnt even look functional.
    He is in the Bad Plastic Surgery Hall of Fame for a reason.

I know someone who has had a lot of work done and I always wonder how she can look at someone like Bruce Jenner and go through with it.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Overjoyed for Felix

Can't wait to see the final day of the decathlon. Ashton Eaton is mind-blowing!

vCash
    Oooo, snarky runners

On the one hand, for saying something negative about the uber-fabulous LoLo, but for the high-level snarking and podium-primping. Well's tone and delivery of "and that's all that needs to be said about that" was pitch perfect.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Sort of surprising they would be so up front about things. On the other hand, Lolo has been milking her story for a long time, at least in my mind. I hadn't heard much of Dawn's story at all. I don't blame her for feeling a little bit ignored.
    But is that Lolo's fault or the media's fault? Dawn didn't exactly seem reluctant to tell her story. Coming across as resentful and jealous probably isn't going to endear her to people who aren't already her fans. It turned me off. Maybe I'd feel different if I followed the sport and was more familar with Lolo --or maybe not -- but they are talking to a general audience.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    are they seriously airing this sitcom now?

vCash
    It boils down to Dawn Harper and now Kellie Wells getting pissed because Lolo was the one that got the endorsements and they did not. Period, point blank, end of story. You can draw your own conclusions as to why. That's another conversation completely.

Lolo has been making money since before 2008 with endorsements, and when she lost, instead of losing money, she's made more. Since Olympic athletes have been able to make money and support themselves, I'm not mad at any of them for trying to make a living, especially since their "work" lives aren't that long. And, because the camera likes her, I wouldn't be surprised if Lolo is able to continue to capitalize.

But, with comments and things like the two of them made, whatever pride I would have had in them for winning Olympic medals is now overshadowed by shame because the things that they said were totally unnecessary. They came off as mean girls. Every athlete at the game has a story, one may not be any more difficult than the other, however, they are going to be different. They've all fought thru injuries and adversity. They're athletes. That's the norm. For them to sit there and say, not imply, that they worked harder than Lolo was just wrong. And I could even see it if either of them had won, but they didn't. And Dawn won because Lolo clipped the last hurdle ( I cant remember which one). So, maybe that's why she's not getting the respect that she thinks she deserves....because she didn't win in 2012 and someone had to stumble for her to get the gold medal she got in 2008.

Even in her interview on the Today show this morning, which is on nbcolympics.com, Lolo didn't say anything negative about her team mates, although it would have been hard for me not to, especially since Dawn had been bad mouthing her for at least 4 years. But, she directed her anger at the media. But, to that I say, just like they can build an image, they can tear one down as well. I'm sure she's learned that lesson. But Dawn and Kellie were just disgraceful. And the killing part is that the interview just makes Lolo even more sympathetic. I wonder how long the two of them planned those responses. They didn't just roll of the tongue.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    are they seriously airing this sitcom now?
    They ARE. And it is just as bad as I expected it to be.

Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    I miss scrawny pill-freak Matthew Perry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    But is that Lolo's fault or the media's fault? Dawn didn't exactly seem reluctant to tell her story. Coming across as resentful and jealous probably isn't going to endear her to people who aren't already her fans. It turned me off. Maybe I'd feel different if I followed the sport and was more familar with Lolo --or maybe not -- but they are talking to a general audience.
    I'm not sure how I feel about whether it's Lolo's or the media's fault. Probably more the media but not completely.

I have seen other interviews with Dawn and she does have a pretty upfront, decisive, put it out there personality. Personally, I can see why the media would shy away from her story. I would probably walk on eggshells a bit if I were around her. I do think her feelings were honest, though.

Well's tone and delivery of "and that's all that needs to be said about that" was pitch perfect.
    I agree.

Enough about them. I'm moving on. Some of the other ladies are much more interesting to me. I like Brittany Reese. I have always liked Allyson Felix.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Wow, that was some serious whining going on! Lolo Jones has never come across as anything but very nice and gracious. Being gracious in defeat tells me far more about a person than when someone does the same thing as a winner. But to be a winner (or a medalist in this case) and be complete mean girls? That says all I need to know about those women. They are pathetic.

I don't see how it is Lolo's fault that the media prefers her story. Undoubtedly a lot of it has to do with her beauty. She is gorgeous and being pretty has always helped people in the endorsement category. Anna Kournikova, anyone? They don't say Lolo is mean, a cheat, a bitch or anything. They just insinuate she didn't work as hard (why are they complaining about that, she didn't beat them...) and she got all the $$$. Sour grapes.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    They ARE. And it is just as bad as I expected it to be.

Are you telling me there is a half-hour sitcom in the middle of the Olympic broadcast? Really?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Are you telling me there is a half-hour sitcom in the middle of the Olympic broadcast? Really?
    yes, started after 11 pm and commercial free like they cant wait to get it over with

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast