Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Are you telling me there is a half-hour sitcom in the middle of the Olympic broadcast? Really?
    Believe it or not.......it's how they closed out the broadcast.

If you are on the west coast, people, be warned--it comes on right after the May-Walsh interview with Bob Costas and after the show we went to local news.

And can I just say, May and Walsh have such a great friendship; it's really heartwarming to see how supportive they are of each other.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Are you telling me there is a half-hour sitcom in the middle of the Olympic broadcast? Really?
    Yes.

Tomorrow they will interrupt the decathlon to show Law & Order SVU.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Or Revolution or Grimm. They seem to be pushing those two shows pretty hard, too, and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do something for them.

But both of them look more interesting that the Matthew Perry crap.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Or Revolution or Grimm. They seem to be pushing those two shows pretty hard, too, and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do something for them.

I have liked the promos for the Matthew Perry show, but I was always afraid they were the best part of the show.

At least I can go to bed a half hour earlier tonight. Tomorrow is the last day of summer school. I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks of rest. Now if it just wasn't so hot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Yes.

They're showing an episode of "Animal Practice" immediately after the Closing Ceremony on Sunday.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedySucks View Post
    They're showing an episode of "Animal Practice" immediately after the Closing Ceremony on Sunday.
    Yikes. Thanks for the heads up. That's the show that looks absolutely awful IMO.

And I actually thought Matthew Perry's show wasn't that bad. Parts of it were kind of downers after all the hardware that the USA won in the broadcast though.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Yikes. Thanks for the heads up. That's the show that looks absolutely awful IMO.
    Ugh, agreed. I keep forgetting about that one--on purpose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    or tebolo

American hurdler boys both cute
    Very cute, I am impressed by the size of Merrit's butt, does he has a skating background? his arse is impressive just cant take my eyes out of it

And the other guy is very cute aswell with his long hair and that feel he shows of being a nice boy

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post

I just watched it (the Matthew Perry one.) Lot's of funny moments, and only one reference to sex - amazing!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Wow, that was some serious whining going on! Lolo Jones has never come across as anything but very nice and gracious.
    I don't know much about either of the two US medalists or Jones. But Jones had an interview with Today here where I thought she was indeed very whiny about the way the media has treated her, especially the NY Times article (here) that criticized her for not having results. I kind of agree with it.

If I were an athlete, I wouldn't even read the news while I was competing. And her assertion that the US media needs to be supportive of the US athletes left me feeling very and brought into my mind Hope Solo's idiotic comments about what commentators should be doing.

vCash
    The matthew perry shitfest needs to go on to the beyond and fast.
    See what I did there? Yeah. It was as lame as that joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    I don't know much about either of the two US medalists or Jones. But Jones had an interview with Today here where I thought she was indeed very whiny about the way the media has treated her, especially the NY Times article (here) that criticized her for not having results. I kind of agree with it.

If I were an athlete, I wouldn't even read the news while I was competing. And her assertion that the US media needs to be supportive of the US athletes left me feeling very and brought into my mind Hope Solo's idiotic comments about what commentators should be doing.
    The media is a monster, and you have to be prepared to deal with the fallout, good or bad. Lolo has benefited from mass/social media, and she's been hurt by it. The SI article does have some legit gripes. But my issue is with the athletes and how they treat/talk about each other. To personally attack Lolo because the media didn't express an interest in them is classless. Both of these girls would be a PR nightmare.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    To personally attack Lolo because the media didn't express an interest in them is classless. Both of these girls would be a PR nightmare.
    I don't know why people are so obsessed with this Disney image of an athlete. I don't care for Hughes or Lipinski because I don't like their skating. But when they over Kwan getting more media attention than them I don't hold it against them. I can see how that would sting if I were in their place.

And speaking of pr nightmares, kerrigan's been sticking her foot in her mouth all the way to the bank for years!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    if they have a problem with lolo's media attention or endorsements, then their problem is with the media and the companies that hire her. if lolo turned down an interview or an endorsement, it is not a given that the attention or money would then come their way.

i thought they sounded way more immature than any other athlete i have heard interviewed so far.
    Last edited by my little pony; 08-09-2012 at 08:09 PM.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    I just watched it (the Matthew Perry one.) Lot's of funny moments, and only one reference to sex - amazing!
    I confess to liking it. My complaint is that it should not have been on when Olympic Coverage should be on. By broadcasting it with no commercial interruptions, NBC didn't make money on it. I guess they think it will help the ratings/dollars later on. I still don't like this tactic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    I don't care for Hughes or Lipinski because I don't like their skating. But when they over Kwan getting more media attention than them I don't hold it against them. I can see how that would sting if I were in their place.
    I don't recall Hughes or Lipinski publicly slamming Kwan because of how the media treated them. Even when some of the media was being downright mean to Lipinski, Lipinski did not slam Michelle. These runners are dissing Lolo, not the media. And they are doing it with NBC during the Olympics. If they want endorsements, this really isn't a smart approach because they will turn people off.

ETA: I confess to liking the Matthew Perry show, too, but I think it might grow old very fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post

I definitely agree that the media is under no obligation to "support" athletes, as their job is to report the facts. I don't think however, that should give them free reign to trash athletes and report exaggerations or fallacies. The media slamming Lolo as an "Anna Kournikova" type is so ridiculous, and completely untrue. She came fourth at the freaking Olympics only a year after recovering from spinal surgery! I do think Lolo needs to get a thicker skin in regards to the media, and learn how to take the bad with the good. I have a ton of respect for her as an athlete, so I hope she can stay positive and not let this mar her Olympic experience.

As far as her teammates speaking out in regards to their lack of endorsements compared to Lolo... Same as Tyler Clary talking trash about Phelps. Just shut up and run! I don't think everyone has to have a pristine Disney image, Usain Bolt, and McKayla Maroney are two examples of athletes that don't fit into that oh-so humble image that the public laps up, but they still manage to be respectful of their teammates/competitors. I can understand them speaking about their lack of media attention in general, but there is no need to drag Lolo into it. No one is "entitled" to endorsements or media attention. It's a nice bonus to being an olympic athlete, but not everyone can be a "media darling".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234