Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I wasn't sure of the interp level so we now have all bases covered!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    How do I know what level I'm at? If I wanted to skate some sort of singles... I have passed adult pre-bronze moves, and hope to have passed bronze moves by then. I have passed one pre-silver dance so far. I have no freeskating tests. Would I be bronze in singles?
    AS Sk8er1964 mentioned, in order to compete at Adult Nationals in freestyle events, you must have passed the Adult Bronze freestyle test by the entry deadline (beginning of February). At the Adult Sectionals competitions, they also have a Pre-Bronze competition, which only requires that you pass your Pre-Bronze freestyle test before the entry deadline (also the beginning of February). But here's another thing to check out: The Adult Sectionals often--but not always--have a "No Test" freestyle event as well, which would allow you to enter without passing any further tests.
    Last edited by Doubletoe; 01-15-2013 at 07:53 PM.

vCash
    I'll be talking over all this with my coach on Friday morning.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubletoe View Post
    AS Sk8er1964 mentioned, in order to compete at Adult Nationals in freestyle events, you must have passed the Adult Bronze freestyle test by the entry deadline (beginning of February). At the Adult Sectionals competitions, they also have a Pre-Bronze competition, which only requires that you pass your Pre-Bronze freestyle test before the entry deadline (also the beginning of February). But here's another thing to check out: The Adult Sectionals often--but not always--have a "No Test" freestyle event as well, which would allow you to enter without passing any further tests.
    At Adult Sectionals, the non-Championship events are officially "non-qualifying" events, so you can skate up a level if you haven't passed that level's test yet. You could skate Pre-Bronze as a no-test or Bronze even if Pre-Bronze is your highest FS test.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    At Adult Sectionals, the non-Championship events are officially "non-qualifying" events, so you can skate up a level if you haven't passed that level's test yet. You could skate Pre-Bronze as a no-test or Bronze even if Pre-Bronze is your highest FS test.
    I have never found that to be true, at least not at Pacific Coast Adult Sectionals. Unlike local club competitions, you must have passed the qualifying test for the event you are entering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubletoe View Post
    I have never found that to be true, at least not at Pacific Coast Adult Sectionals. Unlike local club competitions, you must have passed the qualifying test for the event you are entering.
    I don't believe that has been the case at Easterns, at least not last year. In fact, I remember registering for an event and after I filled out my profile to register with Entryeeze, and it took me to the page to sign up for events, I was offered both Bronze and Silver levels (I'm Bronze FS). And I can think of several instances where someone skated up - not in the Champ events, obviously.

vCash
    You can definitely skate up a level for the non-qualifying event (as in most non-qualifying competitions).
    http://www.pasadenafsc.com/downloads...QualEvents.pdf (page 4)
    "The requirements shown accommodate skaters wishing to skate up one level."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steve skater View Post
    You can definitely skate up a level for the non-qualifying event (as in most non-qualifying competitions).
    http://www.pasadenafsc.com/downloads...QualEvents.pdf (page 4)
    "The requirements shown accommodate skaters wishing to skate up one level."
    Wow, you're right! That didn't used to be the case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12