WHERE: The Ice House, Hackensack, NJ.
    WHEN: Saturday, August 18, 1:00pm

Witness the comeback of one of
    America's greatest skaters!

3 Time US National Champion
    JOHNNY WEIR

plus

MICHAEL BREZINA

Call (201) 487-8444 ext. 232 to buy your show tickets today!
    Read the attachment for more details!

https://mail-attachment.googleuserco...n8b59BB9u-1XDU

vCash
    Hello mancow! Your first post, congratulations! And thanks for the information. Wish I was still living in the New York area. Please those lucky enough to attend, I can't wait for your reports and vid clips!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    The link doesn't work for me. More info here: http://icehousenj.com/3946/show-of-champions/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Not only attending but have on ice seating and attending the meet and greet afterwards, can't wait!

vCash
    Just ordered tickets. Johnny & Michal, here we come!

vCash
    It seems likely that Johnny at least will debut an SP, since he's been out of competition for a few years

vCash
    Excited to see Michal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flipforsynchro View Post
    Excited to see Michal
    Be careful, I'm sure his girlfriend will be there!

Quote Originally Posted by olympic
    It seems likely that Johnny at least will debut an SP, since he's been out of competition for a few years
    It's a possibility, but maybe he'll wait until after he gets feedback at Champs Camp to show his programs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyintheAM View Post
    Be careful, I'm sure his girlfriend will be there!
    Oh shoot. I forgot about her

vCash
    Show cancelled, not sure why

vCash
    We received a recorded phone message stating that the show was cancelled due to low ticket sales. Feeling bummed out since we were really looking forward to this (and having the chance to see Michal skate in person for the first time). Johnny is always entertaining, and of course we wanted to see him (again) too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Show cancelled, not sure why
    MICHAL!!! I'm sobbing.

vCash
    I never received a message so I found out from people talking about it on Facebook. So sorry not to see Johnny skate but maybe if the Ice House had actually promoted the show, more people would had bought tickets.

vCash
    delete

vCash
    maybe if the Ice House had actually promoted the show, more people would had bought tickets.
    Not clear that Ice House is totally to blame for this one. JW and his management company seemed to be producing or co-producing - they were accepting the VIP reservations, etc. I agree that there was too little publicity but it's not at all clear who was primarily responsible for promotion.
    Last edited by Willowway; 08-10-2012 at 02:43 AM.

vCash
    Johnny's management only did VIP reservations, all others were through the rink and the only advertising I saw was from Johnny, no newspaper ads and only a small mention on rink website.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Johnny's management only did VIP reservations, all others were through the rink and the only advertising I saw was from Johnny, no newspaper ads and only a small mention on rink website.
    Are you sure the rink was only doing non-VIP reservations? This seems to suggest they were handling them all:
    http://icehousenjfsc.org/1877/ice-ho...g-johnny-weir/
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Regardless of who took reservations for what, it's not immediately clear who was producing this. Sometimes (often) a producer will hire the facility and the support services (box office coverage, day of event house staff, etc.) or conversely, this could have been an Ice House Production with an assist from JW's management company. I don't know who was producing and who was responsible for promotion of the event. Whoever it was didn't exactly do a bang up job.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    Regardless of who took reservations for what, it's not immediately clear who was producing this. Sometimes (often) a producer will hire the facility and the support services (box office coverage, day of event house staff, etc.) or conversely, this could have been an Ice House Production with an assist from JW's management company. I don't know who was producing and who was responsible for promotion of the event. Whoever it was didn't exactly do a bang up job.
    Yes, and if the public announcements were not clear about which kinds of tickets were being sold where, that probably hurt the ticket sales as well.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Well all I know is that everyone I spoke to who bought tickets did so directly from the rink and even Johnny had twittered the rink's phone number for ticket sales. Somehow I can't see Johnny's management being in charge of this because when they are, they plaster their name all over the place and that wasn't the case here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast