Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Pascal was very very strong in technic, but the requirements back then were so different. She had star quality and compensated her weaknesses with charisma (like Margaglio).
    She wrote a book "les patins de la colere". I doubt it has been translated into English. The book explained all the dirty secrets of the ice dancing world. They benefited from the system and got dropped instantly to the point where they both left the sport with a complete disgust.
    It's sad because young skaters would have benefitted from their experience, had they transitionned into coaching.

vCash
    To me, M&L were just OK- a good ice dance team, that's all. I never thought of them as championship caliber at the world level. I did watch them win Skate America in 93 and that was well deserved. I have several of their programs on tapes but I have not watched them in years.

IMO A&P were the first real championship caliber team that skated for France (I did not say 'from France' for the obvious reason). The Duschenays were exciting to watch, but they were nowhere close to other top dance teams of their time in techique.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    I loved M&L--so charming! I just adore their 1994 FD:
    I would love some recent news on these two, if anyone has any.
    Totally agree, I just rewatched their FD. I enjoyed very much their performance at the '94 Olys and found it quite sad for them they didn't medal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12