Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Skating

vCash
    It was sensible to move Hollins to Penrith. I would much rather see a great job done of getting Canterbury fixed up than shortcuts taken to get it ready in a hurry.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    It was sensible to move Hollins to Penrith. I would much rather see a great job done of getting Canterbury fixed up than shortcuts taken to get it ready in a hurry.
    +1

vCash
    Damn just realised the Skate Downunder is on during the week. I won't have enough work leave to go (need to save it for Nationals and our Xmas work shut down).
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Damn just realised the Skate Downunder is on during the week. I won't have enough work leave to go (need to save it for Nationals and our Xmas work shut down).
    Oh AW that sucks so bad. I promise I'll take pics and video and detailed reports.

(I almost never have time off, just a few days here and there (mostly for skating), so I always have a fortune's worth of leave.)

vCash
    I think I will survive.

Hey if anyone wants to design a logo for this year's nationals there is a competition - http://iceskatingvictoria.org.au/asfc-logo/

Entries close on 31st May.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Thank you for posting this Cheltzie Lee update article! (ETA: And 1-minute video)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-22-2013 at 11:18 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N_Halifax View Post
    Is Stephanie Zhang planning on continuing this season after making her big comeback last year?
    Yes, according the the Chelzie Lee article she'll be competiting at Skate DownUnder. Top place finisher there gets to qualify for an olympic spot.

vCash
    Here's hoping Cheltzie will recover in time and skate well enough at Skate DownUnder and qualify for Nebelhorn!

(either that, or Brooklee Han will do - afterall she came THIS close to qualifying via Worlds).

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Chelztie Lee, Brooklee Han, Chantelle Kerry and Stephanie Zhang are skating off for the lone spot at Skate DownUnder, the Olympic qualification event. Should any of them place inside the top six at the Nebelhorn Trophy, does that earn THE SKATER or THE COUNTRY a place in Sochi?
    Last edited by essence_of_soy; 05-25-2013 at 05:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Chelztie Lee, Brooklee Han, Chantelle Kerry and Stephanie Zhang are skating off for the lone spot at Skate DownUnder, the Olympic qualification event. Should any of them place inside the top six at the Nebelhorn Trophy, does that earn THE SKATER or THE COUNTRY a place in Sochi?
    Both, I think.

vCash
    The skater (or team) can earn an Olympic berth at Nebelhorn for their country; it's up to the federation to decide which skater (or team) goes to the Olympics via Nationals results, a skate-off at an international competition, etc.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    The skater (or team) can earn an Olympic berth at Nebelhorn for their country; it's up to the federation to decide which skater (or team) goes to the Olympics via Nationals results, a skate-off at an international competition, etc.
    Thank you for clarifying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Yes + still unknown ISU TES minimums.

vCash
    Here is the entry list for the international selection competition Hollins Trophy http://www.hisc.com.au/Competitions/...13%20final.pdf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    Here is the entry list for the international selection competition Hollins Trophy http://www.hisc.com.au/Competitions/...13%20final.pdf
    OT, but it's rather frustrating to see a name with "ACT" next to it and go, "Who the hell is that?"

vCash
    I'm surprised to see Cheltzie Lee not listed in the senior ladies' event.

Or will she be skating at Winter Sun?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    I'm surprised to see Cheltzie Lee not listed in the senior ladies' event.

Or will she be skating at Winter Sun?
    Possible, since both Hollins and Wintersun are the ranking events this year.

vCash
    I don't think Cheltzie will be skating at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    I don't think Cheltzie will be skating at all.
    That's a shame. From the recent article about Cheltzie linked to this thread, it sounded like skating has taken quite a toll on her body.

Still, Lee has a lot to be proud of. Being an Olympian and a three - time world team member are tremendous achievements.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast