Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Skating

vCash

Aussie Skating

ISA has released the new international Pool list.
    http://www.isa.org.au/Documents/High...0%20120724.pdf

and Seasons Rankings

http://www.isa.org.au/Documents/High...f%20120730.pdf

No sign yet of the international assignments although I believe most athletes have had notification of selection.

vCash
    there is a lot of names down for ranking, is there a need to rank down to novice? Seems a little early in the season to rank skaters from one competition and not take into account previous years results. Skaters could have been injured and missed out on rankings.
    Then there is international pool that is also ranked, but is taken on previous years results. + ISA selected event(wintersun) for international postings.
    oh well there must be some reason, but anyway for the seniors & juniors the required ISU TES is the most important mark to get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz_sk8ting_mum View Post
    ISA has released the new international Pool list.
    http://www.isa.org.au/Documents/High...0%20120724.pdf

and Seasons Rankings

http://www.isa.org.au/Documents/High...f%20120730.pdf

No sign yet of the international assignments although I believe most athletes have had notification of selection.

yes they have:-
    http://www.isa.org.au/Documents/High...ust%202012.pdf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icemarker View Post

Ah Thanks!!

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Brendan Kerry appears not to have any international assignments. Did he not qualify?

vCash
    I don't understand the rankings, it does not seem to take into account any Internationals and several people seem to missing from this document. This just appears to be the technical scores achieved at Wintersun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by can'tsk8 View Post
    I don't understand the rankings, it does not seem to take into account any Internationals and several people seem to missing from this document. This just appears to be the technical scores achieved at Wintersun.
    Or Nationals!, you can be the Current Australian Champion be in the international pool and have no Aus Rank...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Brendan Kerry appears not to have any international assignments. Did he not qualify?
    Good Question??? Surely that can't be the case. Maybe he didnt apply.

vCash
    They are based on Winter Sun.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Good Question??? Surely that can't be the case. Maybe he didnt apply.
    That seems very strange considering he won the JGP spots for Australia's Men with his Junior Worlds Perfomance. Also he is not listed for any Senior B's which you would think he would be doing as he has an OWI scholarship you would think he would be trying to put a bid in for Socchi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    They are based on Winter Sun.
    So does that mean that rankings are now based only on Wintersun? It doesn't make much sense to me.

vCash
    Any news on Cheltsie?

vCash
    That seems very strange considering he won the JGP spots for Australia's Men with his Junior Worlds Perfomance. Also he is not listed for any Senior B's which you would think he would be doing as he has an OWI scholarship you would think he would be trying to put a bid in for Socchi.
    Well he has the TES for 4CC so I suppose he doesn't need to do Senior B but I am a little surprised that he is not at least doing 1 JGP. Maybe he is sick, injured, or HSC whatever is a little strange.

Good to see Mark Webster doing 3 Senior B comps and looks back in action after injury last year. Very strange that he is not listed as an OWI athlete??
    also good to see cheltzie on the list after a bit over a year off.

vCash
    Well he has the TES for 4CC so I suppose he doesn't need to do Senior B but I am a little surprised that he is not at least doing 1 JGP. Maybe he is sick, injured, or HSC whatever is a little strange.

Good to see Mark Webster doing 3 Senior B comps and looks back in action after injury last year. Very strange that he is not listed as an OWI athlete??
    also good to see cheltzie on the list after a bit over a year off.
    I think Mark was an OWI athlete but he lost his scholarship, not sure why.

I agree that it is very strange for Brendan not to do any JGP's, his sister is doing two so you have thought they would have gone together, maybe they could not get their assignments to match up.

vCash
    Brendan Kerry is definitely the most promising Aussie male skater competing at the moment so I would imagine he is injured (or quit skating?).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Brendan Kerry is definitely the most promising Aussie male skater competing at the moment so I would imagine he is injured (or quit skating?).
    while I realize that people have their favorite skaters, this is quite an important year for the skater and really needs to be doing competitions whether they are promising or not. I do however disagree that he is the most promising male skater competing atm, he is not been allocated a International event, and also did not perform that well at wintersun. I think that David is very promising and skated very well at hollins and wintersun, but I wouldn't count out Mark at this stage. If you refer to his details on ISU it says he had major surgery last year on his hip, and he did a good job in the short at 4CC so we will see what the year unfolds.

vCash
    Or Nationals!, you can be the Current Australian Champion be in the international pool and have no Aus Rank...
    This is the SEASON RANKINGS ... Nationals was last season. The ISA selection event was Wintersun, if the national champion didnt skate at Wintersun then they have no 2012-2013 season ranking.

vCash
    Good to see Kailani competing overseas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater91 View Post
    Good to see Kailani competing overseas
    Yes it is! Good Luck to her!!

vCash
    while I realize that people have their favorite skaters, this is quite an important year for the skater and really needs to be doing competitions whether they are promising or not. I do however disagree that he is the most promising male skater competing atm, he is not been allocated a International event, and also did not perform that well at wintersun. I think that David is very promising and skated very well at hollins and wintersun, but I wouldn't count out Mark at this stage. If you refer to his details on ISU it says he had major surgery last year on his hip, and he did a good job in the short at 4CC so we will see what the year unfolds.
    Lets hope David can match Brendan internationally, that is yet to be seen. He seems to be inconsistant and does not have the same international experience as Brendan, but I hope he can replicate his Wintersun skate at his JGP's. Is it true that David make a coaching change and if so does anyone know why.
    Brendan may not have performed well at Wintersun but he performed well at Nationals, 4CC's, Junior Worlds and had a good shot at Senior Worlds. David did not skate well at Nationals or that well at his JGP outside of Brisbane (his home rink).

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast