Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Oh thank goodness. Back to track.

For anyone interested, it seems they'll show diving at 12:35am.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Thanks! I sometimes get a sore shoulder while I'm doing long-distance runs (had an epic wipe-out in recreational gymnastics class in college and it flares up every now and then), I might need to look into this if I do any races in the future.
    There's not much scientific evidence that it works but, hey, the mind is a powerful thing.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I hate these kinds of mistakes because it will cast doubt on a result where there shouldn't have been. A D score should be apparent.

Glad Raisman won but sorry for Ponor. I think I am sorrier for Ponor blowing her big chance at beam gold than losing bronze, a poor consolation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Just like in figure skating, I can't help but wonder if she's the type that doesn't practice full run-throughs (even when she makes mistakes) or if she stops at the first error and then starts over.

I have a feeling it's the latter -- doing full run-throughs would help her to fight through errors and not bail on a routine as soon as something goes wrong.
    I've read that in podium trainings, Mustafina, Komova, and Grishina will just jump off the beam if any element goes wrong. I don't know if part of it is to prevent injury? (because sticking and fighting for elements can be stressful for the ankle) It just seems to me that if in training, you jump off if an element doesn't go well, the natural impulse in competition will be to jump off as well.

I do hope that Komova decides to continue. She is so beautiful to watch, and she has come so far. I feel she just needs to grow up and mature a bit psychologically. Take a break, Viktoria, and please come back stronger than before!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I'm in California, so on Pacific time. Is there any place to find out exactly when gymnastics is on tonight (other than 8-midnight), so I can skip the other sports and just watch the beam and floor events?
    Go back to the beginning of the thread. Figure out how far behind you are from the eastern time zone folks. Figure out how long beach volleyball will last where you are. You can get pretty close. I am an hour behind in the Mountain Time Zone and I haven't had a problem figuring out the schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Go back to the beginning of the thread. Figure out how far behind you are from the eastern time zone folks. Figure out how long beach volleyball will last where you are. You can get pretty close. I am an hour behind in the Mountain Time Zone and I haven't had a problem figuring out the schedule.
    Will do - thanks!

vCash

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    He's in danger of showing up at meets with signs that say "Aly, will you marry me?" He's only 20 so this is a pretty age appropriate crush and I think I'll encourage it.
    This is how you treat your friends??
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by altai_rose View Post
    I've read that in podium trainings, Mustafina, Komova, and Grishina will just jump off the beam if any element goes wrong. I don't know if part of it is to prevent injury? (because sticking and fighting for elements can be stressful for the ankle) It just seems to me that if in training, you jump off if an element doesn't go well, the natural impulse in competition will be to jump off as well.
    Debi Thomas could give them some advice on that.

Komova never seems to have any fire in her eye. Beautiful gymnast, but you can tell she's got that little voice in her head telling her she can't do it.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Good idea. First gym post was at 9:29pm eastern, first comment on a completed routine (Sui) was at 9:33pm.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Allyson Felix is pretty. and well-spoken.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Allyson Felix is pretty. and well-spoken.
    She is. And SHE sure has the fire in her eye before she takes off.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    She is. And SHE sure has the fire in her eye before she takes off.
    She has done for quite a while. I understand her best circle of friends are all Olympic GOLD medalists. She wants one too.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Hell's Bells -- is NBC pretending the event finals for the Men didn't take place at all by chacking it altogether?

I guess the fact that the Mens' High Bar was quite possibly the most exciting, well-executed, Event Final of the entire Olympics is completely irrelevant since no American medalled .
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

vCash
    They've shown the event finals out of order the past few nights. But the coverage has been pretty good.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Hell's Bells -- is NBC pretending the event finals for the Men didn't take place at all by chacking it altogether?

I guess the fact that the Mens' High Bar was quite possibly the most exciting, well-executed, Event Final of the entire Olympics is completely irrelevant since no American medalled .
    My guess is we'll get it at the very last portion of the broadcast, and probably only the top 2 plus Americans. Clearly the bronze medalist isn't worthy of their time.

... still canNOT believe they didn't show those amazing vaults from the Ukrainian bronze medalist ...

vCash
    The Turkish girl is really HAWT. All of these girls are really, really pretty.

:shallow:

RUN LOLO RUN! GOGO LOLO!
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I agree with Vesperholly. The men's event finals have been the last thing shown for the last 2 nights.

vCash
    Good God. How is high bar humanly possible?

We were updating our Rolodex at work and our receptionist called a guy named Dick Fosbury and said "Like the Fosbury Flop?". He said, "Yeah, That was me.". Apparently he's in construction in Idaho now.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    The commentator on track and field is having voice issues and I can't stand to listen to it anymore.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast