Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    engaged to dupa
    vCash
    This is not worth a serious discussion. You're the one that took offense at a joking remark. I even laughed.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Whatever. I didn't take offense. I just couldn't understand what you thought the problem with it was, so I asked. I'll remember not to in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I think one of my guy friends has just become a total Aly fan girl. He's in danger of showing up at meets with signs that say "Aly, will you marry me?" He's only 20 so this is a pretty age appropriate crush and I think I'll encourage it.
    Whatever. I didn't take offense. I just couldn't understand what you thought the problem with it was, so I asked. I'll remember not to in the future.
    I have to say, when I first read this last night, I put the "I think I'll encourage it" to the "He's in danger of showing up at meets with signs that say 'Aly will you marry me?'" statement.

(Not thinking you'd really do that) It was a sentence structure thing along with being tired.
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    My two cents, not that anybody cares , I read it as encouraging the crush, which seems harmless to me.

vCash
    Well, I was thinking that it was new matchmaking scheme--and instead of sitting in a theatre listening to toe-tapping music from Hello Dolly, we'd be humming along to Hello TG. (I told you I was tired, and it was only a split second!)
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    that reference has gone entirely over my head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    My two cents, not that anybody cares , I read it as encouraging the crush, which seems harmless to me.
    That's how I read it too, since "it" was in the same sentence as "age appropriate crush." So now you have 4 cents in your coffers, TG.

ETA: I was robbed of PB, because I couldn't stay awake much past 11:30. Oh well, at least the high bar guys were shown during the main broadcast. There were some truly routines!
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    that reference has gone entirely over my head.
    there is death in my soul! : (and you have theatre in your name!)

Matchmaker inspired Hello Dolly story

I feel old!!! :

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    That's how I read it too, since "it" was in the same sentence as "age appropriate crush." So now you have 4 cents in your coffers, TG.

ETA: I was robbed of PB, because I couldn't stay awake much past 11:30. Oh well, at least the high bar guys were shown during the main broadcast. There were some truly routines!
    HB was fab, and as the the sentence structure, I never had a grammar class, never learned to structure a sentence and get generally confused by what I read. It does make for some interesting moments though!

I do, however, get "Eats, Shoots and Leaves"

vCash
    Pretty sure they only did that for Gymnastics because they thought it encouraged cheating.
    My memory is they started considering tie breakers after the 1992 Games where there were tons of ties - especially during event finals. Women's had - 2 golds in the vault, 2 silvers in the beam, and 3 bronzes in the floor. Men's had - 2 silvers on floor, 2 golds on pommel, 2 bronzes on rings, 3 bronzes on P-bars, and 2 silvers on high bar.

There weren't as many ties in 1996, but still enough that the IOC felt like the value of the medal was lessened. I think the IOC thought the judges were just taking the easy way out.

I thought the new code of points would make it so ties almost never happened. Guess not. If they tweak the code again after this Olympiad, maybe ties should be a consideration.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011