Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    By the time this match is over, NBC will have devoted a full hour of tonight's broadcast on beach volleyball, or exactly 1/4 of the very limited time allotted to Prime Time coverage (more, if they do the requisite moronic post-event interview(s).

According to Zap2itTV's program description, tonight is supposed to feature this, Track and Field, and Gymnastics. I wasn't paying attention to Bob Costas' babbling at the start of NBC's coverage; did he mention any other sports that would be covered?

The undefeated veterans of Olympic Volleyball win. Yay! (mainly because that means we're done with Beach Volleyball for the night).

Oh, fecking joy. Track and Field up next -- and it's Heats/Semi-Finals, not even final races . Gymnastics gets relegated to the tail-end of tonight's broadcast . Anyone want to take bets on what parts of the Event Finals will get chacked so the broadcast won't run past midnight (eleven for those in Central Time)? over
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    They showed the Kessy/Ross match during daytime.
    Which is hardly the same. Jenn and April are going to the gold medal match, too. Nearly every set of Misty and Kerri, which I'm happy about because I love them, and not a single set for Jenn and April. If this were Gymnastics or Swimming, everyone would be pissed.

vCash
    Lolo Jones had a tethered spinal cord?!?!?

vCash
    If anyone it really curious about the Kinesiology tape here is a link to the company - http://www.kttape.com/ They pretty much got their start with an endorsement from Kerri Walsh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    If anyone it really curious about the Kinesiology tape here is a link to the company - http://www.kttape.com/ They pretty much got their start with an endorsement from Kerri Walsh.
    Thanks! I sometimes get a sore shoulder while I'm doing long-distance runs (had an epic wipe-out in recreational gymnastics class in college and it flares up every now and then), I might need to look into this if I do any races in the future.

Glad that Lolo squeaked through to the finals!

vCash
    Oh, hey look. Gymnastics. Maybe they'll even remember that the US teams consists of more people than Gabby Douglas. I think they used to be aware of it.

vCash
    Sui Lu's routine was so good!

vCash
    Sui Lu was just brilliant! Wow! That was great to watch.

Ponor on the other hand... was a mess.

vCash
    Sui Lu was Ponor looks more like Vampira every day. Some of her moves were so fantastic and some...not.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    By the time this match is over, NBC will have devoted a full hour of tonight's broadcast on beach volleyball, or exactly 1/4 of the very limited time allotted to Prime Time coverage (more, if they do the requisite moronic post-event interview(s).

According to Zap2itTV's program description, tonight is supposed to feature this, Track and Field, and Gymnastics. I wasn't paying attention to Bob Costas' babbling at the start of NBC's coverage; did he mention any other sports that would be covered?

The undefeated veterans of Olympic Volleyball win. Yay! (mainly because that means we're done with Beach Volleyball for the night).

Oh, fecking joy. Track and Field up next -- and it's Heats/Semi-Finals, not even final races . Gymnastics gets relegated to the tail-end of tonight's broadcast . Anyone want to take bets on what parts of the Event Finals will get chacked so the broadcast won't run past midnight (eleven for those in Central Time)? over
    You know, I am not fond of NBC, but they can't cover everything and choices have to be made. I think we all have to suffer through sports we don't especially care for. What exactly would you like them to do about this?
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    The Plus: Wheeeeeeeee Gymnastics is on!!!

The Minus: We're stuck with the vomitrocious, jingoistic ramblings of Elfi, Tim, and Fishwig rather than the intelligent, informative, and unbiased brilliance of Shannon Miller and Brit Dude's commentary .

At least they seem to be showing the entire group. Hopefully I'm not posting too soon.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    I really like Deng Linlin's Leo. She was also amazing but just not quite as steady as Sui Lu to me.

vCash
    You could argue Sui and Deng forever and both be right. China!!!
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    The Russians distract us with choreography. I wish there would be more choreographical distractions.

vCash
    Tim, Elfie, and Al really seem to like Afan. I have to agree. She's lovely to watch on beam.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    The Russians distract us with choreography. I wish there would be more choreographical distractions.
    Did someone say that?

vCash
    I think Gabby saved all the errors she didn't make on beam the rest of the Olympics for this one routine.

It's either a very big ice rink, or there's a lake under there.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    That was an absolutely fabulous match. I'm so excited that Kerry and Misty will get at least a silver here!
    I thought that *was* the gold medal round. (In my defense I only saw a bit while making dinner and chillin on balcony.)
    Then turned off tv, bored with track and girl gym. I'll turn it bac on when/if the guy gym is on.

vCash
    They did, but not in a mean/disparging way. It was in an admiring way--they were just callling attention I think so the audience would know to look for the arm fluorishes, toe points, etc.

vCash
    Komova gave up on that element. There was no reason for.her to fall off the beam. (she is beautiful on beam though)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast