Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    As of the moment I'm posting this, they have given her some . Top headline on MSNBC sports page is "A GOLDEN ENDING FOR RAISMAN" with this great photo of Aly.
    Delighted to see this!

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Broken toe for McKayla and stress fracture for Jordyn. It is absolutely amazing what these gymnasts have been able to accomplish. I know her silver is a disappointment, but McKayla should still be very very proud of her accomplishment. Esp. with a broken toe. All of these gymnasts should be so proud of themselves.

vCash
    Yeah ferraris leo was so very very ugly. Whoever designed it should be ashamed of themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Yeah, Geddert went straight to the media with this right after the EF....
    http://www.livingstondaily.com/artic...er-competition

I don't want to really criticize, but putting this out there while Aly was barely off the podium is a bit much. OK, she was hurting, but she still underperformed in both qualifying and FX while doing well during team finals. I don't think a physical problem impacted her as much as a mental problem, namely plain nervousness that led to small errors that added up. Still, she should be proud of shaking off her disappointment and bringing it during team finals to help her team win, and that to me is the most important medal of the gymnastics competition.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    ^^ Not to discredit anything posted above, but there has been speculation that Wieber has been injured ever since she was spotted walking around in what appeared to be an air cast a few days ago. Nobody commented on it officially, and I wouldn't expect them to; that's not the kind of thing you release just because when there's still competitions to come.

But yeah, we knew she was likely injured before today and an official confirmation is no surprise at all.

vCash
    This goes for larissa, jordyn, McKayla, etc-what a shame. I hope they all can come back for rio and kick ass.

vCash
    I love Izbasa and have always enjoyed watching her. Sad that this is most likely her last FX routine, but still very proud of her VT gold. I missed her FX, but not sure I want to watch now that I know it falls apart at the end...

vCash
    I could tell Lauren Mitchell was really beat up.

It's sad; I was hoping she could sneak in and get a bronze for Australia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Yeah, Geddert went straight to the media with this right after the EF....
    Is it generally a good idea to do floor EFs with a stress fracture? Wieber is a minor and Geddert is responsible for her...surely there are laws in the US/UK that would require him to step in and avoid further, potentially permanent damage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    Is it generally a good idea to do floor EFs with a stress fracture? Wieber is a minor and Geddert is responsible for her...surely there are laws in the US/UK that would require him to step in and avoid further, potentially permanent damage.
    Her dad is quoted in the article above, so it looks like her parents were at least on the same page as Geddert.

vCash
    I imagina jordyn was not willing to give up competing in the one EF she qualified for.

vCash
    Great job to all Medalist -good going, stay happy, be proud and no matter whether medal or not you accomplished something most people can only dream /hope about.
    thank you for giving goals, hope , dreams for the children who dream/hope of going to the next olympics. and whatever else you do in life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    I imagina jordyn was not willing to give up competing in the one EF she qualified for.
    I can totally understand that.. Mustafina has now 9 World/Olympic medals. The most of any gymnast this quad. Can you imagine how many she'd have without that injury. That girl is Russia's rock. She needs to do training seminaries and teach every other Russian gymnast how to compete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    Is it me, or did the crowd seem less than thrilled about Aly winning? They seemed reserved when she got her medal.
    Maybe because Aly's protest knocked Ponor off the beam podium? (The Brits didn't seem too thrilled with the Japanese team when their protest knocked Ukraine off the team podium a few days prior.) Aly didn't do anything wrong, but the audience might have wanted Ponor to get redemption on FX. Or maybe they just plain liked Catalina better.

Anyways, congratulations to Aly Raisman!!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Or maybe they just plain liked Catalina better.

r:
    This. Most of the audience are in no teknik and can only go with what moves them/is more aesthetically pleasing. Ponor was that.

Raisman deserved the gold under the code though, say she felt a little embarrassed having the audience essentially boo her victory though.

vCash
    View from Massachusetts... Aly's kicking Nancy K off the podium for most beloved local gal. Stay away from Needham/Dedham and Burlington the weekend after the games. I have a feeling the homecoming parades will cause some gridlock.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    Epic Summary, except you didn't wuzrob Ferrari
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    We are again of the same opinion!

Ferrari and Mitchell were the biggest blahs for me and not only because the latter performed badly. Horrific routines.
    I think Vanessa's routine would've been better with Mitchell's choreography, and Mitchell trying to force that routine to work when it just doesn't suit her is just a no win. I'd like Ferraris routine a lot more if it didn't die down so much in difficulty after the first two passes, the choreo doesn't relate to her music at all and it loses everything but the music after that IMO. For the rest I had the rest as far as liking them 4. Wieber 5. Raisman 6. Ponor and then those two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    I agree. Don't get your Ferrari love at all, Poths. Are you sure it isn't just the big boobs?
    Probably is the boobs, and the wedgie, and the 8 years in the sport.

vCash
    This. Most of the audience are in no teknik and can only go with what moves them/is more aesthetically pleasing. Ponor was that.

Raisman deserved the gold under the code though, say she felt a little embarrassed having the audience essentially boo her victory though.
    But I think that she likely managed to forget any chagrin at the audience booing when she was atop the podium seeing the US flag going up and hearing the anthem. Happy for Aly's moment at center stage.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Probably is the boobs, and the wedgie, and the 8 years in the sport.
    poths likes (.Y.) Who knew!!

"Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast