Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    I've noticed that Mustafina always looks like she is about to cry, not just during performances or competitions, but all the time. I mean like she's on the metro about to go to the mall to get exactly what she wants, but she looks like she is about to cry.

vCash
    HOORAY FOR ALY!!!!!! She BROUGHT IT today and I'm so proud of her.
    I am so sad for ksenia and jordyn though. I wanted both of them to medal and I guess it just wasn't in the cards. I honestly wonder if jordyn will make a run for rio. She has a team gold but the rest of her Olympics have been so disappointing for her. She just had too much adrenaline going in that floor routine and could not reign it in.
    And over sandra's floor routine. It was so good right up until her last pass.
    Overall I'd say these have been a great Olympics. I've also realized there is no point in making predictions because only one of mine came true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Don't bring it up again.

I imagine Komova got a few tenths taken off for her deteriorated twisting form.
    I don't have a problem with that... But there were a lot more landing deductions on Gabby's part and crossed legs is I believe a (tenth)..Nastia crossed her feet in her twists too.. I don't have issues with the results but clearly artistry isn't rewarded on floor. I find Douglas frustrating on floor because I think she's capable of a better routine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Well a part of me thinks some of it is the judging.. Its clear Mustafina and Paseka BOTH were giving the benefit of the doubt over Ferrari and Bieger...I've heard many mention that Raisman's scores on UB would drop significantly if she was wearing a different LEO too. It sucks..
    Believe it or not, one of the FOX news twinkies complained about the American gymnasts' leotards, ala "why aren't they wearing red/white/blue, why aren't they proudly showing American "exceptionalisim" (oh, how I hate that term this political season...). Guess she'll keep her mouth shut now considering Aly's leo today...
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    Well um I'd rather not, honestly. I'll take the eye blink in Mustafina's routine over that mess.

OH! And Victoria Moors.
    I agree. Don't get your Ferrari love at all, Poths. Are you sure it isn't just the big boobs?

vCash
    OH! And Victoria Moors.
    Yeah, it's really a shame that Moors didn't have her routine from team finals (where she scored a 14.6) in prelims, which would have put her into the EF. She probably wouldn't have had the difficulty to medal, but we could have all drooled over her lovely dance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I don't have a problem with that... But there were a lot more landing deductions on Gabby's part and crossed legs is I believe a (tenth)..Nastia crossed her feet in her twists too.. I don't have issues with the results but clearly artistry isn't rewarded on floor. I find Douglas frustrating on floor because I think she's capable of a better routine.
    I like you bek. But, you've gotten a ton of grief already, so please, don't bring this up again. This has already been rehashed in the AA threads.

Just let it go.

vCash
    Still kind of surprised at how much of a non factor Wieber has been at these games. She obviously performed well in her events in TF, but beyond that it's been kind of touch and go. Now I'm wondering what the heck happened in the gym leading up to London.

vCash
    I think she did well enough the judges could give it to her, but she didn't max out her difficulty in the dance like Mustafina did right? Mustafina was much more refined everywhere to me, aside from "the blink" and a step on the double turn. Her routine was my 3rd favorite behind Izbasa and Afansyeva, I had Ferrari only ahead of Mitchell in 8th as far as routines I liked. Her music is great and she did very well, I think a case could be made... But not by me.

vCash
    I think she did well enough the judges could give it to her, but she didn't max out her difficulty in the dance like Mustafina did right? Mustafina was much more refined everywhere to me, aside from "the blink" and a step on the double turn. Her routine was my 3rd favorite behind Izbasa and Afansyeva, I had Ferrari only ahead of Mitchell in 8th as far as routines I liked.
    We are again of the same opinion!

Ferrari and Mitchell were the biggest blahs for me and not only because the latter performed badly. Horrific routines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    Still kind of surprised at how much of a non factor Wieber has been at these games. She obviously performed well in her events in TF, but beyond that it's been kind of touch and go. Now I'm wondering what the heck happened in the gym leading up to London.
    I think she just got surpassed by teammates. Everyone else upgraded and she made few if any.

There were some rumors on the gym boards that Marta was complaining about her weight. Maybe Jordyn did lose some weight and it effected her performance.

vCash
    I think she did well enough the judges could give it to her, but she didn't max out her difficulty in the dance like Mustafina did right? Mustafina was much more refined everywhere to me, aside from "the blink" and a step on the double turn. Her routine was my 3rd favorite behind Izbasa and Afansyeva, I had Ferrari only ahead of Mitchell in 8th as far as routines I liked. Her music is great and she did very well, I think a case could be made... But not by me.
    Aliya other than her twists is really a beautiful gymnast.

vCash
    IMVHO, Wieber was overhyped. I honestly don't think she's as good as the media made her seem. She kind of stagnated since last year and everyone else caught up.

vCash
    Will Graves is reporting that Jordyn has a stress fracture. But, it's not like she was a disaster in the qualifying rounds.

vCash
    I dont think jordyn succumbed to the hype or pressure- she competed as well as she always does-a few errors but overall really strong. It just wasn't enough. She didn't have enough upgrades either, and the ones she had were useless (connections on beam.)
    I blame her coach. I think he was resting on the laurels more than she was and didn't see the writing on the wall coming into these Olympics. She was just left in the dust.

vCash
    If Jordyn's stress fracture was such a problem, I'm surprised nobody bothered to have it checked out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Will Graves is reporting that Jordyn has a stress fracture.
    Yeah, Geddert went straight to the media with this right after the EF....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    I dont think jordyn succumbed to the hype or pressure- she competed as well as she always does-a few errors but overall really strong. It just wasn't enough. She didn't have enough upgrades either, and the ones she had were useless (connections on beam.)
    I blame her coach. I think he was resting on the laurels more than she was and didn't see the writing on the wall coming into these Olympics. She was just left in the dust.
    I think that Geddert laid a little too much on the muscle building too. Please don't think that this is me trying to get on Jordyn's body type... But I just think she was better last year with a little less muscle dragging her down.. (Its a balance thing) I'm saying muscle not weight because that girl doesn't have an ounce of fat on her.

vCash
    Re-watch HB final, Anyone think Zou Kai = Oda + Yuzuru in term of look!

I'm not surprise to hear that Wieber is injured, she is capable for much better routine than she shown in final!

vCash
    So happy for the PBP! Was following from the dentist's chair LOL. FSU ROCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Boginskaya's sex tape Floor routine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uv0iGRW4sA

Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!

FCK ME THE POWER!!!

ALy Raisman for gold, SERIOUSLY!!!

EPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!
    STOKED for Aly and can't wait to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    ...where on earth does Ferrari find these leos?
    Can't wait to see that either!

Thanks you fabulous people!

Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast