Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

vCash
    I freaking LOVE Ponor, I have money on her to win...but she was seriously shit. two stupid errors, messy legs, horrendous dismount. I'd have had Afan ahead.

Wish Raisman was totally clean, but she still deserved bronze.

Poor Bulimar

Iordache and Komova are in my black book of disappointment!

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    The real news is that the US actually won a protest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    She is capable of even more, I agree. But just because she's not perfect the way we want her to be or know she can be does not mean that she's not fighting.

Have you watched her?? Every time she wobbles she totally gives up and cannot be arsed to try to disguise it or even minimize the mistake.
    This is not about being perfect and not hitting at the right time. This is about making the most of what comes out of you when you have performed a particular element.

I agree Poths, they must find a way to make her fight. If it is leaving her off the team then that it is what it is.

vCash
    PLEASE give two medals and sort this tie break shit out!

vCash
    Or I guess she can catch a break!

And tie breakers still suck. Happy for Aly. She deserved it. And I don't think the judges would have accepted her protest if she wasn't right. But it's devastating for Ponor who was overscored but that's an awful way to lose a medal.

vCash
    Sui Lu should have won. I thought her form and style on the event is clearly superior to Deng even though both routines were great.

vCash
    Now I'm sad for Ponor, but Raisman is more solid today; she deserve it! (Now I can't make my mind to root for Aly on fx anymore )

Can expert told me should my beautiful Sui loss, she has better form than Deng but there are a very little loss of balance in her routine; while Deng is almost perfect?

vCash
    Raisman definitely deserved third. I'm glad the protest was accepted.
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    The real news is that the US actually won a protest.
    US usually don't have to protest..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by altai_rose View Post
    I'm not too worried about Komova. I think she just needs some time to grow up a bit and hopefully in 4 years shell be a much stronger gymnast mentally.
    I hope so. It is hard to be arsed for her if she cannot be arsed.

vCash
    Raisman winning bronze over Ponor was the correct result, but I feel for Ponor. But yay for Aly! Hate tiebreaks, but glad she won this one.

Poor Sui Lu, her tears are breaking my heart. Her beam set was my favorite, but I guess you can't argue Deng Linlin's higher D score. But yay for the Chinese ladies going 1-2!!!

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Thankfully Raisman medal cause Ponor was shit. That did not deserve a medal. Beam overall besides the Chinese was horrid.

vCash
    Yay Aly!!! She actually wins a tiebreak!!!
    And she freaking deserved it too, having her behind Ponor was crap. Catalina is a badass but she was not at her best today.
    I hope floor is more interesting. Good god that just fell apart at the seams. Deng and Sui deserved their gold and silver though--what dominant performances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Have you watched her?? Every time she wobbles she totally gives up and cannot be arsed to try to disguise it or even minimize the mistake.
    I have. I wanted to shake her after floor in qualifying. I just don't think that it applies to the AA. She showed she can fight for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    This is not about being perfect and not hitting at the right time. This is about making the most of what comes out of you when you have performed a particular element.

I agree Poths, they must find a way to make her fight. If it is leaving her off the team then that it is what it is.
    This was the worst performance from Komova I have ever witnessed. From the very 1st elemet, a poxy single turn - she wobbles and rolls her eyes. She could have easily saved the the two falls but wasn't fcking bothered because she was already "not perfect". Fight you gobshite......

You're suppose to perform to WIN, not to lose. The only time she has ever performed to win was the FX in the AA.

attending the Mad Hatter's Tea Party at ISU Headquarters!
    vCash
    Glad I'm not the only one who felt like Komova wasn't fighting at all on that beam routine. She is quite fragile when it comes to competition.

Thrilled for Aly. Hope she didn't leave all her emotions at the beam once she won the inquiry.
    Future FSUer to me before Gedevanishvili's SA 2010 SP - "Aunt Karen, what is she wearing?"

vCash
    As for its disrespectful to Mustafina, more like its disrespectful to Grishina who was 2ferred.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    Iordache and Komova are in my black book of disappointment!
    Iordache's injured at least. You could see her favoring her left heel on the landing of her full in. She had no business in the EF. BB is hard enough as it is, never mind on 1.5 feet instead of 2. Bulimar was in with a chance to medal had she gone super clean

Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Gymnastics COP and judging is really digging its grave at this Olympics. How many feck ups have we seen now with start values being wrong and deserving medalists being initially screwed? Certainly makes you question the validity of all the results.

vCash
    Oh wow, what emotion - for Aly! I haven't seen the routines (back at work today ), so I can't comment on who deserved it more, but I really wanted an individual medal for Aly and it is great for her to finally get one on beam.

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast