Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    With the sailing events nearing completion, it looks like no Israeli will win a medal this time - the first time that has happened at the Summer Olympics since 1988 (can't count the Winter games, obviously). Very disappointing, because there seemed to be several medal hopefuls going in, and not all of them headcases.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    How does one mount your bike too early? I'm not really familiar with some of the rules in the triathlon so would appreciate understanding what Jonny did incorrectly.
    It was barely a step to early and the TV cameras did not pick it up but there are judges standing right there who watch everyone like a hawk!!

Luckily it did not cost him a medal. Apparently Alistair set a tougher pace at the beginning of the run to hopefully create a gap between the top 3 and the rest and it worked. It would have been debatable if Jonny could have won silver without the penalty as he was already slightly off the pace when he took the 15 second standing penalty. However there are some who think the 15 seconds should be added on to the final time as stopping and starting like that can have an imapct on heart rate etc and Jonny did need medical assistance at the end of the race. Luckily he seems to be OK as thye have just had the medal ceremony!!

Still great run by both brothers - deserving Olympic medalists!!! I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't in Rio to go again - especially Jonny!!

vCash
    Check this article out:-

Conrad Readman from Colchester took two weeks off work and had tickets for every day of the Olympics, but suffered a suspected heart attack while watching Victoria Pendleton and the men's team pursuit last Friday.

The 49-year-old, who had been to the opening ceremony and seen many of Team GB's gold medal moments, was found ill in the venue's toilets before being sent to hospital, where he died.

Mr. Readman lived at home with his mother Joan. She told the Colchester Gazette of her devastation at the news.

"He had been looking forward to the Olympics ever since it was announced. There was never a day he was not excited about it," she said. "He was coming home every night so excited and telling me about everything he had done.

"He had never had a problem with his heart and had not been to a doctor in 15 years. He died doing something he loved so I am happy he was where he was, but I can't watch any of it now."
    All I can say is - the poor man. As his mother stated, at least he died doing something he loved

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    I just read that Maofan, poor dude.

Wheee Gold #20 at the Dressage for Team GB
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Is it wrong that after seeing that self obsessed and fluff piece again that I was slightly hoping Victoria Pendleton wouldnt win her heat just then?
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post

Wheee Gold #20 at the Dressage for Team GB
    Now you're just being greedy.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Is it wrong that after seeing that self obsessed and fluff piece again that I was slightly hoping Victoria Pendleton wouldnt win her heat just then?
    Nah - everything is right at the Olys.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Irish triathlete being interviewed with what appears to be drool on his face!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    How does one mount your bike too early? I'm not really familiar with some of the rules in the triathlon so would appreciate understanding what Jonny did incorrectly.
    I think mounting too early isn't nearly as bad as getting off too early...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    It was barely a step to early and the TV cameras did not pick it up but there are judges standing right there who watch everyone like a hawk!!

Luckily it did not cost him a medal. Apparently Alistair set a tougher pace at the beginning of the run to hopefully create a gap between the top 3 and the rest and it worked. It would have been debatable if Jonny could have won silver without the penalty as he was already slightly off the pace when he took the 15 second standing penalty. However there are some who think the 15 seconds should be added on to the final time as stopping and starting like that can have an imapct on heart rate etc and Jonny did need medical assistance at the end of the race. Luckily he seems to be OK as thye have just had the medal ceremony!!

Still great run by both brothers - deserving Olympic medalists!!! I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't in Rio to go again - especially Jonny!!
    I like your idea of just adding 15 seconds to the time he gets when crossing the finish line rather than penalizing someone right in the "middle" of the race.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Pffffft, I don't understand how the Pendleton thing is so bad.

Anna snapped her neck. Take that, Poms.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Now you're just being greedy.
    21 now Laura Trott in cycling.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    21 now Laura Trott in cycling.
    Laura is the antithesis of Victoria. What a sweetie

vCash
    Another day of fourth places finishes for Canada (two so far), we have really got to pick it up or these are going to be our worst Olympics since Seoul. I know we've still got a few medal opportunities left, but boy... It's hard to be a Canadian fan right now. I think we are going to be extremely hard pressed to match Beijing... I think if we can get up to 15 medals that'll be a success, but as it stands right now, I'm not holding my breath.
    Kyle

vCash
    - I know it is really tough to cheer for her. She has however just 'lost' the 1st heat of the final - after being relegated due to leaving her lane - mind you is was virtually a dead heat at the finish!!

Glad Laura got her 2nd gold - she seems like a lovely girl

Entre el mundo del patinaje y el mundo real
    vCash
    Sharpie you jinx it!

Can´t believe it!

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    - I know it is really tough to cheer for her. She has however just 'lost' the 1st heat of the final - after being relegated due to leaving her lane - mind you is was virtually a dead heat at the finish!!

Glad Laura got her 2nd gold - she seems like a lovely girl
    We jinxed her She's become the new Nicole Cook of the Olympic Forum.

Well done Anna Mears.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Well VP ends with a silver - I really don't feel too unhappy re that as I still felt she cost Jess Varnish a chance of a medal earlier this week and refused to take responsibility for it.

Now I do hope Chris Hoy can win a final gold!!!

vCash
    Britain just matched its gold count from Beijing with #21. The conventional wisdom says you increase your count by 1.5 for having the home team advantage, so that would be 31 total expected in London.
    Figure skating is hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Britain just matched its gold count from Beijing with #21. The conventional wisdom says you increase your count by 1.5 for having the home team advantage, so that would be 31 total expected in London.
    GB got 19 golds in Beijing so we beat it earlier this afternoon when we won number 20 in dressage

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast