Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Just don't strike up a conversation about women's soccer next time you're there.
    And keep your distance from Melissa Tancredi:

http://blog.sfgate.com/olympics/2012...tampDescending

If she happens to stomp on your head, please don't be an ugly American and whine about it.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/08/08...tancredi-stomp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    What an ugly American kind of thing to say!!
    I'm not even an American.

Canada showed a bad sportsmanship against the US in the Women's soccer semi and talked a lot of trash before the game. But then again the word ugly only applies to the US. Hypocrisy. Suck it up Canada! LOL.
    Last edited by riveredge; 08-09-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riveredge View Post

Canada showed a bad sportsmanship against the US in the Women's soccer semi and talked a lot of trash before the game. But then again the word ugly only applies to the US. Hypocrisy. Suck it up Canada! LOL.
    Possibly. Maybe they could learn from the classy post game comments of players like Hope Solo
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

Re-registered User
    vCash
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    Yeah, I remember studying that war -- about the only one I recall much of anything about and that's very little. I think we Canadians/British won that war, didn't we?
    Crazy about sports!

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Just don't strike up a conversation about women's soccer next time you're there.
    So true.. glad you guys can't see my FB, I have already got grief from my american friends actually this is posted :

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh-...160147757.html

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    What an ugly American kind of thing to say!!

Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Yeah, I remember studying that war -- about the only one I recall much of anything about and that's very little. I think we Canadians/British won that war, didn't we?
    1812.. 200 years ago this weekend actually - we are off to celebrate on the tall ships - 'the lion on the lake'..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    When it comes the war of 1812, what did you win? You manage to burn down the White House, you could have made the US a colony again. Instead, you gave up and even stopped pressing US sailors. Which is the reason US went to war in the first place. You have to give it up to the Americans, even when they lose, they win. LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post

1812.. 200 years ago this weekend actually - we are off to celebrate on the tall ships - 'the lion on the lake'..

Started 200 years ago in June actually. That's why all the TV specials that week.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moojja View Post
    You have to give it up to the Americans, even when they lose, they win. LOL
    You didn't read the cartoon. If you had you wouldn't be so mean to me. (Sitting sadly on my tree stump)
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    And keep your distance from Melissa Tancredi:

http://blog.sfgate.com/olympics/2012...tampDescending

If she happens to stomp on your head, please don't be an ugly American and whine about it.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/08/08...tancredi-stomp
    So true.. glad you guys can't see my FB, I have already got grief from my american friends actually this is posted :

Those links are . Do people really think the only folks dissing the other side are the Americans? It seems the "talk" has gone both ways, but only the Americans are labeled "ugly"? And only the Americans "whine"?

This what I hate about the Olympics. It can't just be about who is best in the field of play. Someone always has to turn it into a question of which country has the better fans.
    Creating drama!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    Those links are . Do people really think the only folks dissing the other side are the Americans? It seems the "talk" has gone both ways, but only the Americans are labeled "ugly"? And only the Americans "whine"?
    Yes; didn't you get the memo?

Don't forget how much Americans brag, too. Really annoying when everyone else is so modest and self-effacing.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Started 200 years ago in June actually. That's why all the TV specials that week.
    not the part we are celebrating this weekend.. it happened in August (Issac Brock )..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post

This what I hate about the Olympics. It can't just be about who is best in the field of play. Someone always has to turn it into a question of which country has the better fans.
    Well I think you guys are more ugly than Canadians But I think we are actually better whiners the Olympics now are just a huge corporate advertisement.. but still fun..

vCash

The Canadian press isn't doing Canadians any favors with articles like this one and all the ones calling Americans whiners because they dare to point out that Tancredi shouldn't be stomping on a competitor's head.

If they want to portray Americans as ugly they should use an event that doesn't make the Canadians look so bad. I'm no fan of Hope Solo, but her comments here pale in comparison to what Canadians like Tancredi said and did before, during, and after the game.

Watch me move
    vCash
    No, you are a maniacal Yu-na fan. Which means that all Canadians are bad because they are from the same country as Brian Orser
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Really?

This is what we're going to argue about now--who has the most unreasonable hatred for Canada?
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Well I think you guys are more ugly than Canadians
    And that says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    No, you are a maniacal Yu-na fan. Which means that all Canadians are bad because they are from the same country as Brian Orser
    Speaking of Brian Orser, just a few minutes ago, Brian Boitano was on Top Chef Masters as a guest judge.
    Creating drama!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    From the little I know about soccer, it's a dirty game. Early on, I saw an American stomp on the ankle/foot of Sinclair. Later an American dove into one of the Canadian women's knee, almost bending it backwards... () But as the game progressed, I saw Canadians do some nasty stuff as well. I just assumed everybody tries to do as much sh** as they can get away with...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Oh yes, chest hair rules!
    As long as it is just the guys that have it...

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Can we talk about chest hair? Swimmers have them shaved. So technically, they do have chest hair or at least some of them do.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast