Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flipforsynchro View Post
    At least there's bragging rights. You can now say that you have had sex with Ryan Lochte
    I'd expect people to ask me if I got tested afterward.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanna View Post
    And their parents dress them funny.
    I thought that was Ralph Lauren?

And Nike. Those gray podium outfits are hideous.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Those gray podium outfits are hideous.
    Yes, they are. They are ill fitting and dowdy looking.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Swimmers are way too vanilla and hairless.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    If you say so. To me, he seems like the kind of guy who would go "Uh," then say"Jeah, baby, that was, like, great" because he can't be bothered to remember your name and HE had a good time, and fall asleep while asking you to leave the key behind when you go.
    This makes me think of Ryan Lochte in a new light, as the incarnation of Austin Powers

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    This makes me think of Ryan Lochte in a new light, as the incarnation of Austin Powers
    I don't think Austin Powers would be caught dead in fluorescent "kicks" on his feet, his underwear hanging out of his pants, and a diamond grill on his teeth.

Lochte reminds me of the Eminem-wannabe dudes in my neighborhood who dress all gangsta, but would run away crying if an actual gangsta even looked at them. Or who would call their mommies to get the household help to drive the BMW or Audi to rescue them.
    Last edited by overedge; 08-07-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I would have thought better of the author if her reaction was "1-Gross and 2-Gross." Lochte just seems so gignormously clueless.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I don't think Austin Powers would be caught dead in fluorescent "kicks" on his feet, his underwear hanging out of his pants, and a diamond grill on his teeth.
    In contrast to hip 60s-70s clothes, fur protruding from his collar ... this is not building a more dignified image.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    If you say so. To me, he seems like the kind of guy who would go "Uh," then say"Jeah, baby, that was, like, great" because he can't be bothered to remember your name and HE had a good time, and fall asleep while asking you to leave the key behind when you go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    Swimmers are way too vanilla and hairless.
    Most of them are pretty hairy in the off season. Lochte looked.ridiculous in some photos I saw...hair like Shaun White (but not red)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I think there are lots of people who consider Leyva and Lochte to be attractive Americans.
    I would add Phelps to that list. I do find him rather attractive.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    But they're so packaged, phony, and boring.
    at dick, debi and Sasha , 3 of the biggest "skate in mouth" Loose canons being too scripted for you, especially compared to some media whore with a lame stolen meaningless catch phrase meant to brand himself.

vCash
    I'd expect people to ask me if I got tested afterward.
    Heh, I was thinking the exact same thing!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Yes, they are. They are ill fitting and dowdy looking.
    Every time I see their "grays" I think of Westpoint uniforms. I'm not crazy about them at all and I bet they don't like them either.

Crashing Nancy Kerrigan's float in the Disney Parade
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    The very 2nd paragraph was stupid ("ugly Americans"was coined in 1958) and mean (what does jones doping have to do with anything) why bother reading further?
    What has always bugged me about the term "Ugly American" was that the book , The Ugly American , from which the phrase is coined, is actually about an American who was very understanding, open minded, and a very sympathetic character; the character was just described as physically ugly .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by escaflowne9282 View Post
    What has always bugged me about the term "Ugly American" was that the book , The Ugly American , from which the phrase is coined, is actually about an American who was very understanding, open minded, and a very sympathetic character; the character was just described as physically ugly .
    According to wikipedia (which is always right about everything) the term was in use before that book came out, just not widespread. The picture they show as having the title that originated that term shows a tourist behaving badly.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    True except for the part about wanting to hit it. I don't get that at all. If he's that stupid and douchey out of bed........

THIS comment, OTOH,: I don't find him the least bit attractive. Seems like the kind of douche who would spill his beer on my head in a crowded bar and then laugh.
    He's definitely not my cup of estrogen, but I guess I assumed others would be gaga over the swimmer's bod or something. But I posted the article on my FB page and so far the reaction has been the same: "he's supposed to be sexy???"

Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Those gray podium outfits are hideous.
    I LOVE those grey podium jackets!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    True except for the part about wanting to hit it. I don't get that at all. If he's that stupid and douchey out of bed........
    Considering Jezebel generally supports the right of WOMEN to sleep with anything that moves as much as they want and calls any attempt to judge women's sexual behavior sexist misogynist ZOMGOPPRESHUN, I can not only see wanting to hit it anyway, it's a tad hypocritical to call out a man for wanting to sleep around. (Sometimes they have an article I appreciate, usually about eating disorders, but the WOMEN RULE MEN ARE TOOLS (unless they're gay and therefore nonthreatening) schtick gets tiresome...)

Lotche is kind of hot in swimwear but he DOES seem rather frat-boy, gangsta-wannabe. Nice to look at, but...There was an American diver, now, on springboard that they showed last night--the older one, kinda dark hair, shorter, slightly more ripped...um...yeah. Definitely not ugly. (I LIKE well-groomed, short hair, minimal body hair and the ability to look good in a Speedo.)

As far as Leyva, did he jump up on the gold-medal podium first and declare his medal to actually be platinum?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flipforsynchro View Post
    At least there's bragging rights. You can now say that you have had sex with Ryan Lochte
    But why would you want to?

Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I would have thought better of the author if her reaction was "1-Gross and 2-Gross." Lochte just seems so gignormously clueless.
    Me too. I usually have my eyes closed during sex anyway so who cares how hot someone looks? He doesn't act hot. I would rather be with someone who is not so in love with himself & has the ability to be in love with me.

From the article: "If any other country had this kind of rap sheet just eight days in, they'd be excoriated. For the Americans, it's so par for the course, nobody's even mentioning it."

Um dude, you're mentioning it. And when anyone, American or not, acts badly at the Olys, it gets mentioned. A lot.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast