Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash

Sasha Cohen talks finance, designing colorful skates and advice to Gabby Douglas

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000107465

Enjoy!

The strange thing about this video is when they talk about her skating career, playing skating music and showing...Sasha's red carpet appearances. What, couldn't find a tape of her performance?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I saw this this morning. It must have been after this clip, but they did show a picture of her in her short program dress from the Torino Olympics. Good for her for going back to school. I thought she looked very pretty.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Thanks for the clarification! Makes more sense now.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I think she did a good job in the interview. Glad she's found something else that she enjoys this much.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Thanks for the video, she looks so gorgeous and she's so smart! Like the new colored skates she's working on. It feels so weird for her to talk finance, I felt like I was watching Neil Cavuto. Congrats to her for going to college, she's such an inspiration.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I think it's an interesting analogy, the stock market and elite competition, the incredible highs and lows. She really is very articulate.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    OH - thank you so much for the video. That was such a treat. Love the skates!
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Nice to see her with something she loves. A little surprised that she's friends with Tara -- Tara has pretty much dropped out of sight, and I hadn't realized she was in New York.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Tara and Sasha have been hanging out for a while it seems.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Glad Sasha has found a new path and seems excited about it. The skates look kinda silly and not practical but whatever works.
    Last edited by foreverkwanfan; 08-07-2012 at 10:18 PM.

vCash
    Thanks for posting that. I think she is onto something with designing skates because there will be skaters who would like something like those. Well done to her. She seems very smart, focussed and obviously has a head for finance (stuff that I just do not understand).
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I laughed at pink strollers, designer covers for car seats and finally have caught on that everyone wants to be unique (well, uniquely the same ). Designer skates will be popular. A lot of skaters would be willing to have their parents pay. Why have ordinary when you can be "special"?

vCash
    Very cool interview, thanks for the link! Great to see her invested into a new career direction. She intelligent, well-spoken, fast-talking, and aggresive, and I think her financial advice is very sound! I'm sure she will do very well.

vCash
    Good to see her moving on. Sasha's father is a corporate attorney, I'm sure she gets lots of help and input about business from him and other family connections. Her mother is also a real go getter.

vCash
    way to go sasha, keep you dreams up and going.

vCash
    Sasha has a lot to offer. She's quite knowledgeable about finance, and she has great business savvy. Her "designer" skates are a bit OTT (IMO), but I think that it's just so inspiring to see her preparing for a great life after she's done with professional skating.

Not only are Sasha and Tara close friends, but Sarah Hughes also hangs with them along with two guys who are doing great things as well. I cannot remember their names, but one was an Olympian who was greatly involved in humanitarian causes. Tara has done some broadcasting--I've heard her on one occasion.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Jeremy Bloom and Joey Cheek?

from Speedy Death

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Wondering who would buy these skates other than professionals. I've never seen a competitive skater in anything but white or beige boots. It's already becoming a bone of contention with skaters and their coaches with skaters who want the colored blades. Also, it's not really anything new to have colored skates. They can already be made custom with other brands. I wish her the best though.

vCash
    I was right - all the girls oohed and awwwed over them. I haven't found a link to her business though!

The difference is price (per Sasha) - custom designs are very expensive and these are supposed to be less expensive (implied).

They can always tape them for tests.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Wondering who would buy these skates other than professionals. I've never seen a competitive skater in anything but white or beige boots. It's already becoming a bone of contention with skaters and their coaches with skaters who want the colored blades. Also, it's not really anything new to have colored skates. They can already be made custom with other brands. I wish her the best though.
    I was wondering why these would even sell to professionals. Don't boots have to be really broken in and comfortable to wear throughout the competition year? If you have multi-color boots, that only go with one skating outfit, I can't imagine the boots would be at all comfortable. If someone, say Alyssa, decided to wear these new colorful boots: she'd have one pair for short, one for long and how many for her exhibition/show programs? Not feasible IMHO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast