Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Rosolova was married to Lukas Rosol (the guy who beat Nadal at Wimbledon)
    Ha! I briefly wondered why the name sounded familiar. that NBC chacked the other Czech hurdler, Hejnova's race. I really like her!

vCash
    Ack, that American pole vaulting chick looks so much like a classmate I hated!

vCash
    I really liked the piece about Greenwich and longitude. There is a good book about Harrison and his clocks here - http://www.amazon.com/Longitude-Geni...ison+longitude

OK - so when all of you are tuning out for a while, what are you tuning into instead?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    That would be uh-may-ziiing! It'd really keep my attention span a lot better throughout the entire games. Selfish, yes Although would they be able to turn the Olympic stadium around quick enough from opening ceremonies?
    tg will prepare an elaborate spreadsheet w all of those details so they cant deny her
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post

OK - so when all of you are tuning out for a while, what are you tuning into instead?
    i'm reading the leni riefenstahl autobiography that has been on my shelf forever, i figured it was sort of olympic related.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    NBC is trying to convince us that the 400M hurdle winner is really an American. We'll take the credit.
    Creating drama!

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Gymnastics on!

UB finals.

(apparently rings still do not exist )

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Felix Sanchez had something other than a picture of his his grandmother stuffed in that suit.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Gymnastics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's here, and that damn song. I hate this song with an epic, epic passion.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Like Gabby and all, but DAVVVAAAIIII MUSTY!!!!
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    i'm reading the leni riefenstahl autobiography that has been on my shelf forever, i figured it was sort of olympic related.
    sounds good to me.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Gymnastics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's here, and that damn song. I hate this song with an epic, epic passion.
    God, yes. I will be glad when gymnastics is over just so I never have to hear it again.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Switching athletics and swimming would be genius. I'm always frantic trying to keep up with everything the first week and then bored the second week.

I managed to get distracted during the gabby fluff and missed the start of He. Oh sure, now that they're finally playing gymnastics. Thank goodness for DVR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    NBC is trying to convince us that the 400M hurdle winner is really an American. We'll take the credit.
    And CTV is trying to convince us that Missy Franklin is really really (well, at least partly) Canadian

Edited to add:
    Next up tonight: CTV's Brian Williams interviewing Missy *and* her parents ::
    Last edited by March_Hare; 08-07-2012 at 03:48 AM.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    NBC milking the wait for Komova's score for all it's worth...

and commercial...

vCash
    Komova looks like the sad heroine of some tragic Hans Christian Anderson short story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I like the song, just not how much they've chopped it up and overplayed the pieces of it!

vCash
    Komova's nongold Olympics makes me so

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    So did they take off for Komova hitting the bar? This is when I want to see deductions. I assume so, since she would have had around 8 tenths in deductions without the hit. That is actually too little (for that routine) but I don't see 1.3 in deductions without something being taken for hitting the bar. They probably took it easy on the rest of her deductions, though.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by March_Hare View Post
    And CTV is trying to convince us that Missy Franklin is really really (well, at least partly) Canadian
    I saw that. I was in NB the week before the Olympics and I saw so many mentions of Missy being from NS! Each time I'd go and and make a snide comment, and then my Canadian husband would go .
    Creating drama!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast