vCash

Synchronied Skating Team Names....Level vs. Name

Ok..as I mentioned in my Training Reports..my coach is going to be on the Haydenetes (Senior) next year. She also reminded that the Lexetes are the Junior Team of the Haydenetes. Can anyone explain a little bit about WHY the name of the Team changes with the Level of some Teams? Thanks.

vCash
    I think it's up to the team (or teams) to decide if they want the same team name for each level they have a team competing at.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Sometimes it's for financial reasons as well. If the senior team does a lot of travelling for competitions, they might want to have their accounts separate from lower-level teams that don't have such high expenses. Having different names for the teams might make the administration easier.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    I think a lot of the time it's also just to avoid confusion between teams locally. Our local synchro skaters all belong to their own "club" which obviously has one name, and then each team has it's own name. If there were 4 teams (I think that's how many we have) all with the same name, it would get very confusing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahspins View Post
    I think a lot of the time it's also just to avoid confusion between teams locally. Our local synchro skaters all belong to their own "club" which obviously has one name, and then each team has it's own name. If there were 4 teams (I think that's how many we have) all with the same name, it would get very confusing.
    I'm not understanding.

vCash
    If I understand sarahspins, there is one club that all four teams belong to. The club has one name but each of the teams has its own, different, name.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    I'm not understanding.
    If a club has 4 teams and they all have the same name- it can be confusing. You can't put a notice on the bulletin board that says "Skater-ette" practice cancelled next week, if all the teams are called the Skater-ettes, so it is more useful to have different names for all the teams.

For clubs where all the teams skate under the same name, internally they usually call them by their level name "Senior Team", "Junior Team" etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    If I understand sarahspins, there is one club that all four teams belong to. The club has one name but each of the teams has its own, different, name.
    That's exactly it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    If a club has 4 teams and they all have the same name- it can be confusing. You can't put a notice on the bulletin board that says "Skater-ette" practice cancelled next week, if all the teams are called the Skater-ettes, so it is more useful to have different names for all the teams.

For clubs where all the teams skate under the same name, internally they usually call them by their level name "Senior Team", "Junior Team" etc.
    Why aren't all Teams like that? What Cub is that Over?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    Why aren't all Teams like that?
    Because different clubs choose whatever works for them. There isn't any rule saying that all clubs have to name their teams in the same way.

What Cub is that Over?
    I'm not sure what you mean, but sarahspins was the one who posted about the club she knows. So she will have to say which club, if she wants to share that information.