Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Prick Admin
    vCash

Ryan Hall: "God is my coach"

To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    And? What's it to you if the guy uses his faith in running? If he's happy with what he's doing then let him be. I know how much you enjoy mocking people's religious faith but leave him alone.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    And? What's it to you if the guy uses his faith in running? If he's happy with what he's doing then let him be. I know how much you enjoy mocking people's religious faith but leave him alone.
    Because it is so stupid. If there is a God surely he has better things to be doing with his time than coaching a marathon runner.

As for me mocking people's religious faith, well sometimes things deserves to be mocked. Like now.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Because it is so stupid. If there is a God surely he has better things to be doing with his time than coaching a marathon runner.

As for me mocking people's religious faith, well sometimes things deserves to be mocked. Like now.

God is not limited by time
    The guy may have a way of expressing his faith you find OTT, but a whole new thread to mock someone's religious beliefs in the olympic forum? OTT as well.

vCash
    And if He does choose to coach the marathon runner? Again, why are you so invested? Why does this bother you so much? Will it really chap your hide if this guy does well in the marathon? If he medals?

If you want to mock someone, mock the pathetic Westboro losers. Mock the guy who decided to shoot up a Sikh temple in Wisconsin this morning. Mock Al Qaeda for wanting to kill anyone who isn't like them. A marathon runner who wishes no harm on anyone isn't worth mocking.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by millyskate View Post
    God is not limited by time
    The guy may have a way of expressing his faith you find OTT, but a whole new thread to mock someone's religious beliefs in the olympic forum? OTT as well.
    First of all there is no definitive proof that God exists. You can talk about faith all you like, but there isn't. So you can't possibly know whether God is limited or not.

The second part - are you new to FSU?

vCash
    It's one thing to ask some supernatural entity for help, but he actually claims to be receiving instructions and follows them. There surely is a clinical term for that...well, apart from batshit crazy.

vCash
    Bad idea to have God as your coach. Can you imagine firing him?
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    And if He does choose to coach the marathon runner? Again, why are you so invested? Why does this bother you so much? Will it really chap your hide if this guy does well in the marathon? If he medals?
    If he wins a medal, it won't be down to God or anybody else. It will be down to the hard training he put in. God or anybody else doesn't do the 300 crunches in the gym for you.

I'm not particularly invested in him one way or the other. I came across the link and thought it quite odd. I watch a lot of athletics and there has been an ever increasing trend by athletes to thank God for helping them to win which ins way is kind of suggesting that they are favoured over the other athletes in their event. Funny thing is that you don't hear them talking about God when they lose.

vCash
    I watch a lot of athletics and there has been an ever increasing trend by athletes to thank God for helping them to win which ins way is kind of suggesting that they are favoured over the other athletes in their event. Funny thing is that you don't hear them talking about God when they lose.
    I wouldn't start a new thread about it, but this trend annoys me as well. A lot.

vCash
    I watch a lot of athletics and there has been an ever increasing trend by athletes to thank God for helping them to win which ins way is kind of suggesting that they are favoured over the other athletes in their event. Funny thing is that you don't hear them talking about God when they lose.
    Yeah, that's the part that I find annoying as well. I don't have a problem at all with people talking about their faith, but I don't like it when it is in terms of "God was on my side today" or "God was looking after me on this run." What does that mean for the other competitors? God didn't want them to win?

vCash
    Is this the guy who through a fit because he couldn't stay with his wife, also an Olympian, in the village?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Is this the guy who through a fit because he couldn't stay with his wife, also an Olympian, in the village?
    No. That was someone else.

vCash
    He's a closet case isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    It's one thing to ask some supernatural entity for help, but he actually claims to be receiving instructions and follows them. There surely is a clinical term for that...well, apart from batshit crazy.
    http://apps.who.int/classifications/...2010/en#/F06.2
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_disorder

Take your pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanna View Post
    Bad idea to have God as your coach. Can you imagine firing him?
    At least he's cheap though.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    I wouldn't start a new thread about it, but this trend annoys me as well. A lot.
    Yeah, I felt the same way after Gabby Douglas's interviews. For me, it falls under the umbrella of "keep your private stuff private".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post
    Yeah but he's a incompetent manager. Can you imagine letting planes fly into a skyscraper because you were too busy helping some douche train for a foot race. You'd be so fired!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzisk8tr View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Yeah, I felt the same way after Gabby Douglas's interviews. For me, it falls under the umbrella of "keep your private stuff private".
    ^^This.

vCash
    God i thought was busy helping Patrick Chan, he surely is busy.

vCash
    Isn't this the same guy who goes for a 'short run' in the AT&T commercial with the audiobooks? And makes it through the Illiad & Moby Dick?

Maybe God gives him slightly shorter intervals via divine instructions .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn_xw6bv8YY

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast