vCash

Getting Your NBA On At Olympics

" The Dream Team " got tested by the Lithuanians this a.m. Thanks to Lebron James who kept the USA team in the game against the fearless Lithuanian ballers.

USA won only by 5 points after routing the Nigerians by more than 80 points!

vCash
    This is the only American team I am not supporting - I really hope another country wipes the court with the US team. Just not a fan of the majority of these guys...
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Sorry to hear your sentiment about this team Kruss, wonder who would rather have on the team....

vCash
    If they don't play defense you will get your wish Kruss. The Lithuanians were awesome and lights out with their shots but I couldn't believe how many open shots they had as no one was there to defend. That sloppy play should stop now and if it doesn't then they will not win.

vCash
    I'm not worried at this point. They will have a strategy when it's time to play RussiA, Spain and Brazil.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JILEN View Post
    Sorry to hear your sentiment about this team Kruss, wonder who would rather have on the team....
    For starters, I can't stand Bryant and James. That's enough to make me want to see this team lose.

Otherwise, I just miss when it was the college kids who were playing instead of NBA biggies. There's no excitement for me in this. I feel the same with hockey. So I can't offer any suggestions as to who I'd like on the team, because I don't think it should be from the NBA or NHL. JMO.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    For starters, I can't stand Bryant and James. That's enough to make me want to see this team lose.

Otherwise, I just miss when it was the college kids who were playing instead of NBA biggies. There's no excitement for me in this. I feel the same with hockey. So I can't offer any suggestions as to who I'd like on the team, because I don't think it should be from the NBA or NHL. JMO.
    Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth!
    I can't quite bring myself to root against an American team, but I wouldn't exactly be sobbing in my pillow if they lose.

And seriously, did they really need to run up the score on Nigeria? 83 points?? Seemed entirely unnecessary.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    And seriously, did they really need to run up the score on Nigeria? 83 points?? Seemed entirely unnecessary.

Did you watch the game?

What were they supposed to do? Nigeria stopped playing defense. Team USA were just throwing up long range shots. Olympic committee have already shown they don't hesitate to issue bans when athletes are not playing seriously. In team USA's defense, imo they did show some restraint, they just got lucky with 3s falling. It's not like they had Lebron and Kobe out there doing fastbreaks every possession. Coach also pulled their best players most of the second half, played zone defense, jacked up low percentage shots what else could they have done honestly.

vCash
    I'd rather talk about the Women's team. They deserve more attention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    I'd rather talk about the Women's team. They deserve more attention.
    What's stopping you?

Open up a WNBA thread if you must, I think they deserve one, they are seriously kicking some major butt. The women's league doesn't excite me as much.

I'm looking forward to the tight match up between mens USA-Brazil, USA Russia and maybe USA Argentina again.