Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 128
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,911
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8259
    I thought he'd been asked 'did you pull a fast one' and he'd misunderstood what that meant, and answered that yes, he'd wanted to go fast?

    ETA oops, sorry, was just asking millyskate

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,694
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    and o.o Italy has filed a complaint.

    Ack protest but it was thrown out. Good. Ladies Single sculls is going to be great I think.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Home in England!!
    Posts
    2,237
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    and o.o Italy has filed a complaint.

    Ack protest but it was thrown out. Good. Ladies Single sculls is going to be great I think.
    Did Italy finish 4th?

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,694
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    Did Italy finish 4th?
    No I meant the France, lol. They finished 4th.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Cuddling the sheep smilie
    Posts
    8,963
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3469
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    No I meant the France, lol. They finished 4th.
    I anticipate much in l'équipe...

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,911
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8259
    That's a happy podium

    Love that the medals are so big

  7. #47

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Home in England!!
    Posts
    2,237
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    No I meant the France, lol. They finished 4th.
    That explains it

    The GB guys are devestated but as I said prior to the race Sir Steve though the Danes would edge it so the silver is nothing to be ashamed of but they were defending olympic champs so I can undersatnd their disappointment.

    ETA: Mark Hunter can hardly move - Sir Steve - once again - helping him move. And Zach Purchase is in tears!!

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Paname
    Posts
    4,326
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3228
    Brits should have been thrown out of the race, that's what the rules states. Any other boat would have been disqualified. Like in cyclism.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,911
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8259
    I guess it just goes to show how much that Gold medal is wanted. But Silver is an awesome achievement. Wow, they are so upset.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Home in England!!
    Posts
    2,237
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Brits should have been thrown out of the race, that's what the rules states. Any other boat would have been disqualified. Like in cyclism.
    Um - not if the breakage occured in the first 100m and it was deemed to have been. The NZ commentators apparently said they should be allowed to restart before the refs made their decisions.

    According to the rules the GB boys were allowed to restart and so they did.

  11. #51

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Home in England!!
    Posts
    2,237
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    I guess it just goes to show how much that Gold medal is wanted. But Silver is an awesome achievement. Wow, they are so upset.
    Even the British commentator was close to tears

  12. #52

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,911
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8259
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
    Um - not if the breakage occured in the first 100m and it was deemed to have been. The NZ commentators apparently said they should be allowed to restart before the refs made their decisions.

    According to the rules the GB boys were allowed to restart and so they did.
    Thank you for clarifying the rules

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,694
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Brits should have been thrown out of the race, that's what the rules states. Any other boat would have been disqualified. Like in cyclism.

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,694
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Knapkova was wow. Took it right from the start and never looked close. Silver for Denmark and bronze to Australia. Kiwi in fourth. Good result I think. Ekaterina Karsten what a legend rowing with an injury.

  15. #55

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Home in England!!
    Posts
    2,237
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    57
    Great regetta for the Brits - 9 medals in all - 4 golds, 2 silver and 3 bronze. And boats in 13 of the 14 finals!! Good going

  16. #56
    Failing her snatch
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    The Isles Of Wonder :P
    Age
    42
    Posts
    16,439
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    5708
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    Knapkova was wow. Took it right from the start and never looked close. Silver for Denmark and bronze to Australia. Kiwi in fourth. Good result I think. Ekaterina Karsten what a legend rowing with an injury.
    She was great!

    Here ends the rowing
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,694
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARPIE View Post
    She was great!

    Here ends the rowing
    Sprint Canoeing now ^__^

    I have loved the rowing medal ceremonies. They seem so much better than silly podiums which o.o are really ugly this time round. Sorry London.

  18. #58

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    859
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/...dals/countries

    TEAM GB is ranked 3rd behind China!!

  19. #59

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Home in England!!
    Posts
    2,237
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/...dals/countries

    TEAM GB is ranked 3rd behind China!!
    Wow - surprised how far down the table the Aussies are - only 1 gold!! Their swim meet has been absolutely awful. Are there any sports they can possibly improve on their gold total?

  20. #60

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,341
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    48754
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/...dals/countries

    TEAM GB is ranked 3rd behind China!!
    Its really great - Team GB 10 gold medals and back into 3rd in the medals table!!



    Jess - over 45m in the Javelin - another gold in the bag

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •