Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Is everyone getting the "worst recovery ever" ads? Kinda a big downer during the Olympics.
    Figure skating is hard.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Is everyone getting the "worst recovery ever" ads? Kinda a big downer during the Olympics.
    Every night. The first couple of nights, my head would pop up when Scott Pelle would say "Good evening," because I thought we were getting some kind of breaking news.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Guess I'm missing that one. Got enough downers of our own though
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post

I'm not in a battleground state, so there have only been a few political ads.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    I've been getting so many political ads that it makes me not want to vote for anyone!

vCash
    Those bandaid poor-man's tattoo things make me laugh. This would be way more interesting if there were hawt men or two of them at the same time.

So, back to gymnastics--I'll be Strug was relieved when the Hamms burst onto the season.

And like any good compeition, it boils down to Russia v. US for the worst jackets of the competition. The US's is a horrible, uninspiring grey, but the cut is beautiful. The Russians' are at least colorful, but the fit and style is horrendous.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i get ice t during commercials, i miss all of them

i finally caught the old navy one where andrea zuckerman told brandon she loves him
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    You know, for all the ruckus about the British uniforms, they are my favorites.

I especially liked the men's gymnastics tops and the diving swimsuits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    Me too. The ones I do see are all Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    I think Prancer is at Ground Zero for political ads. {{{Prancer}}}

Of course, we got some Republican who is in a three way race for some seat (not sure if it's state or national) Why do I do not know what race he is in? All his ads mention Obama. So apparently he's delusional and thinks he's running for President, or something.
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Me too. The ones I do see are all Obama.
    Since I'm in a battleground state, I get political ads at nearly every break.

Obama's ads feature Obama and are approved by him. The other ads are rarely FOR Romney, but usually against Obama, and are always paid for by someone other than the Romney campaign (which includes the one with Kristi Y.).

This is true of the political ads all the time, BTW, not just during the Olys. I find that really interesting and haven't yet figured out what the strategy is here. I'm surprised there isn't more Romney by Romney for Romney.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Our station has one night Romney, the next night Obama. We get maybe two a night.

I love the British uniforms with the little flag on the lower back on the diving outfits, like a patriotic tramp stamp (Rule Chavtannia? ).
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Since I'm in a battleground state, I get political ads at nearly every break.

Obama's ads feature Obama and are approved by him. The other ads are rarely FOR Romney, but usually against Obama, and are always paid for by someone other than the Romney campaign (which includes the one with Kristi Y.).

This is true of the political ads all the time, BTW, not just during the Olys. I find that really interesting and haven't yet figured out what the strategy is here. I'm surprised there isn't more Romney by Romney for Romney.
    Not to derail the thread into PI territory, but I believe that Obama's campaign has raised more money than Romney's but Romney has more super-PACs paying for ads for him.

vCash
    Missy!!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    LOL at Beisel!

vCash
    Missy's coach is

vCash
    I remember Carmelita Jeter. She didn't use to look like that at all...

vCash
    Awww, Missy makes me happy. There is joy in her swimming (yes, I am aware of the supidity of that comment but am making it anyway). I hope Missy's the next Phelps if for no other reason than she's coherent.

Track and Field!!!!!

vCash

vCash
    What's with all the neon yellow shoes on the track?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast