Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Wow, Dong Dong was fabulous. Trampoline is so cool, how do they stop the bounce when they stick their landing?

vCash
    Wow, Tramp got like 3 minutes of coverage.

Red-headed step child much?

vCash
    I suffered through this coverage for that? Really?

On the bright side, Dong Dong is my new favorite name.

vCash
    It will be more than rhythmic gymnastics gets. Pretty soon, it won't even be an event. Remember when they had event finals in each apparatus, and more girls on the team final?
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Wow, Tramp got like 3 minutes of coverage.

Red-headed step child much?
    They spent more time talking to Shaun White afterward.

vCash
    Still behind here. I know many people are sick of Michael Phelps but I have always liked to watch him swim. I hope he now will get on with the next part of his life and make his mom just as proud of him out of the pool.

Yikes - Ledecky has a most unfortunate hair line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    It will be more than rhythmic gymnastics gets. Pretty soon, it won't even be an event. Remember when they had event finals in each apparatus, and more girls on the team final?
    I don't mind if Rhythmic gets thrown out of the Olympics for a while.

Maybe Irina Viner's stranglehold on everything will end and someone other than a Russian will be able to win again.

vCash
    Why is Chinese domination over diving not a problem but Russian domination over Rhythmic Gymnastics a problem? They are both judged sports! Other countries have beaten Russia in RG. Italy. Belarus, Ukraine. It didn't even start out as Russian dominated. Same thing with Syncro swimming.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    They don't have event finals anymore? What happened?
    Roll Tide, y'all!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I have a confession to make. I didn't watch ANY Olympics today. I feel awful but I needed a break. Back to the grind tomorrow.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxygirl View Post
    They don't have event finals anymore? What happened?
    It is all around and group. It was never like it is at the world championships. It's always been far more limited than it is at the worlds.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    It is all around and group. It was never like it is at the world championships. It's always been far more limited than it is at the worlds.
    Thanks. I've been semi paying attention to rhythmic gymnastics since 1984. I can't believe I never noticed that before.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    I find it irritating that they show Michael Phelps' mother way more during this coverage than actual athletes competing, in that wasted airtime they could have shown another trampoline routine, Beth Tweddle's UB, heck, any person ACTUALLY competing. It just baffles me that they're treating these olympics like it's the red carpet on the E channel, no Ryan Seacrest i don't give as rats ass how many people are following what's his face on twitter, I care about the OLYMPICS seeing athletes putting their all out there for what they have put forward blood sweat and tears! for what they have worked for nad dreamed of most of their lives. I swear, next thing they'll do is air 30 minute fluff on Kerri Walsh's bra! This coverage is just embarrassing, its been 40% Phelps, 30%commercials, 20%fluff, and 10% actual sports, 8% of which has been swimming, well aren't they generous? I'd just wish NBC would give this great event the coverage it deserves and not treat it like the Jersey Shore!

That is all, it feels good to get it out of my system.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    I find it irritating that they show Michael Phelps' mother way more during this coverage than actual athletes competing, in that wasted airtime they could have shown another trampoline routine, Beth Tweddle's UB, heck, any person ACTUALLY competing. It just baffles me that they're treating these olympics like it's the red carpet on the E channel, no Ryan Seacrest i don't give as rats ass how many people are following what's his face on twitter, I care about the OLYMPICS seeing athletes putting their all out there for what they have put forward blood sweat and tears! for what they have worked for nad dreamed of most of their lives. I swear, next thing they'll do is air 30 minute fluff on Kerri Walsh's bra! This coverage is just embarrassing, its been 40% Phelps, 30%commercials, 20%fluff, and 10% actual sports, 8% of which has been swimming, well aren't they generous? I'd just wish NBC would give this great event the coverage it deserves and not treat it like the Jersey Shore!

That is all, it feels good to get it out of my system.
    ITA on all counts!!! I feel like all I've been doing this entire Olympics is bitching about the poor coverage. Plus, living in NC, a battleground state, it's one attacking political ad after another; so much for the Olympic spirit being about good will, fairness, and positive sportsmanship toward one's opponents. Though obviously I know that politics has never focused on being fair, positive, or true, and, at times, neither have the Olympics. Before the Olympics coverage begins, I have to endure the beyond sad state of affairs that is people demonstrating their stance on human rights by supporting Chik-Fil-A's anti-same sex marriage beliefs and their record breaking sales as a result of the crowds of people lining up outside their buildings to show their full support because it's what the Bible tells them to do. I don't recall the Bible even once condemning gay marriage; in fact, gay marriage is not mentioned in the Bible at all. This celebration of ignorance and bigotry makes me sick!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 08-04-2012 at 08:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    I find it irritating that they show Michael Phelps' mother way more during this coverage than actual athletes competing, in that wasted airtime they could have shown another trampoline routine, Beth Tweddle's UB, heck, any person ACTUALLY competing.
    but then how else would we get our daily updates on which oversized bold costume jewelry she chose to wear!

vCash
    I don't mind a little of the parent thing -- the first time they showed Aly Raisman's parents competing right with her from the spectator seats was cute, as was the reaction of Gabby Douglas's mom to the all-around title. But Phelps' mom gets way too much attention for absolutely no reason, and it isn't like his wins have been upset victories. Ledecky's parents might have been a different story. Maybe.

I'm not looking forward to the interspersing of gymnastics and track& field this week. There may be more boring things than watching heats where none of the leaders are putting out all that much effort, but that's what we get.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    but then how else would we get our daily updates on which oversized bold costume jewelry she chose to wear!
    Even my husband (who knows nothing about jewelry) commented on how cheap it looked.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    RE Mama Phelps: ITA---at first in Beijing it was cute but it quickly became old and I don't know why the network keeps showing her after every race now. I would have cut to her when Michael broke the medals record and that is it. I almost think one his sisters deliberately moves out of the shots. I may be wrong on that though.

vCash
    I'm so happy I'm not the only one who hates the Mama Phelps coverage.

If she was competing in anything other than the "What Not to Wear" games, fine. But enough of the clown makeup and the over the top gestures. And no more freaking fluff pieces on either of them.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    I would say thank heavens the Phelps family will be off my tv screen when Rio rolls around, but then knowing NBC, there will still be plenty of flashbacks and name dropping at the expense of showing other athletes and sports even in Michael's absence I'm sure.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast