Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    slightly OT question: What is the name of the song that was being used in the NBC gymnastics promos?

The girls are in the different team USA leos and there was a song played with a strong percussive beat to it that I really liked. I'd like to find it if anyone can give me the title.

thanks!

vCash
    Was it "Home" by American Idol Phillipp Phillipps, this year's winner?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    It was almost certainly Home by Phillip Phillips.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Yep, it's Home and thanks to NBC it was the number one selling song on iTunes the other week, lol. I liked it; I bought it (good memories associated with it now!) but NBC could have mixed it up with different stuff a FEW times. It got a little one-note after they played it during every. single. promo.

vCash
    That's it! Thank-you! Never watched American Idol so that's why I didn't know it.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    McKayla definitely has a great sense of humor. I thought she was a hoot during the "Fab/Fierce Five's" stint on Letterman Tuesday night (appearance referenced by Karpenko in the Other Sports gymnastics thread).
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

Beach Bum
    vCash
    They were cute!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    McKayla definitely has a great sense of humor. I thought she was a hoot during the "Fab/Fierce Five's" stint on Letterman Tuesday night (appearance referenced by Karpenko in the Other Sports gymnastics thread).
    McKayla is great, but she needs to learn how to sit on a couch in a short skirt.
    Creating drama!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    It was almost certainly Home by Phillip Phillips.
    And I thought Destinee Hooker was a horrible name.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Tranquillo
    vCash

vCash
    LOVED the Letterman interview.

Is it me or does it seem since the 90's, the gymnasts seem to let loose a lot more as far as showing their personalities. I was the same age pretty much as Mag 7 and don't ever remember thinking they were funny and cute. But maybe because I was not 35? LOL. It just seems like...Shannon Miller in particular comes to mind...and Kerri Strug too...they had zero personality. These girls, and even the 2004 and 2008 teams-seem really bubbly and friendly with eachother. Makayla and Gabby especially are hysterical. Also the 96 team looked sickly when I saw the footage that was replayed during this Olympics.

IDk maybe because I was the same age as them it just makes the experience different.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    My mother used to say that all the US gymnasts looked absolutely miserable and terrified most of the time. The Fierce 5 don't have that look.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Blergh
    vCash
    I don't know if it's because this is probably the youngest team the U.S. has ever sent to an Olympics, and/or that 4 out of the 5 members were on last year's World Championship team and therefore went through the bonding that naturally happens when they're on a team and surviving brutal camps and what-not or that social media let's them be freer, but this team just looked happy and aggressive and freer than any other team that I can remember.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Did the earlier teams have the "boot camp" training camps? Bringing the girls together every so often to train together has certainly developed a mutual experience if not friendship (although many of these girls seem to be genuinely friendly). Based on the pics we've seen, even after they finished their events, the 5 girls seemed to go around the Village and to other events largely as a team. Most of the pics showed at least 4 if not all 5 of them in every pic.

Plus with facebook and twitter, we get a chance to see them out of competition more than we did Mary Lou or Shannon. Their tweets to one another and about the other people they've met help to show their "off podium" personalities more.

vCash
    These girls were really the peak of the National camps system so far I think. They grew up with Alicia, Carly, Shawn, Nastia all winning and getting lots of attention and knowing that they were next if they made the team, they got to see what a star you can be in person and I think that's helped them loosen up and learn how to deal with the media. They've been hilarious everywhere so far, loved that Colbert segment. I can't believe they squeezed all that into 2 minutes.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567