Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Ksenia Afanasyeva can be amazing on floor. Her floor is the best FX routine of the entire quad imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkyZFma8e_A
    I disagree. I think her floor routine has great moments but there is a lot of dead time. Izbasa's routine has much more flow and doesn't just stop after a few wonderful seconds of choreo. Sometimes the Russian's can look so bored and I think that bothers me, too.

ETA: Watching it again it was better but I still prefer Izbasa.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Yes, I was talking about Grishina in the team event. I just meant that NBC spent most of their time only ever talking about Mustafina and Komova or showing anything of anyone else on the Russian team. Or any other team for that matter. NBC sucks. But this is the AA thread so I'll stop now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I disagree. I think her floor routine has great moments but there is a lot of dead time. Izbasa's routine has much more flow and doesn't just stop after a few wonderful seconds of choreo. Sometimes the Russian's can look so bored and I think that bothers me, too.

ETA: Watching it again it was better but I still prefer Izbasa.
    I like Izbasa's floor too.

Hell, even Ponor's floor is decent.

I'd love to see those 3 take the floor medals. Raisman is a great tumbler, but that's all she has over the other 3.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    And speaking of Maroney (and crying girls), here's Stephen Colbert commentating on the gymnastics and reenacting Maroney's vault:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...tory?track=rss

That's one of the funniest bits I've ever seen by Stephen Colbert

*runs off to Facebook to post it on my wall*
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

vCash
    Last edited by Loves_Shizuka; 08-04-2012 at 08:21 AM.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    1) Did NBC spoil the gymnastics results during a commercial for the Today show (or whatever morning show they have)? They mentioned the "epic race" between Lochte and Phelps and then the AA final and then said they would have Lochte and Douglas in the studio the next morning for interviews. This threw up a huge red flag for me. I knew Lochte was done racing that night so I figured he would be in to interview win or lose but I seriously doubt they would have booked Douglas and put out a commercial if she didn't win. What if Raisman had won? They would have had Douglas on instead? I saw that and kind of figured she won. It wasn't a sure enough thing to ruin it because I was still nervous as hell but come on NBC!!!
    In my view, yes they did! Freaking idiots. I was completely spoiler free while watching on NBC and then freaking Today show tells me to watch tomorrow after tonights "epic results" or whatever and they are having Douglass and Lochte on, yet neither of their competitions was over yet! (Lochte/Phelps race had not been broadcast on NBC yet when this commercial aired). I was blazing ticked because I knew right then that Gabby won and it took the excitement out of watching for me.

I do everything in my power to stay spoiler free during all Olympics until I can watch that nights broadcast, even with the time difference(s), and freaking NBC spoils their own broadcast. Idiots!

Oh .. and Gabby! continue thread.

vCash
    Colbert: The Spor' Repor'

vCash
    In an attempt to get rid of The Flying Squirrel, Dominique Dawes has nicknamed Gabby "Gabulous" in the media and it has stuck. #Gabulous is getting quite a few hashtags on twitter. Thank god, that nickname is cute but I got sick of it very quickly. She's too Gabulous to be a squirrel.

vCash
    Gabulous

Why was she called Flying Squirrel anyway?

vCash
    Marta.

vCash
    Squirrel (or any animal) is not the most pc thing to be calling a black girl. I am surprised people on network news repeat it.
    Last edited by snoopy; 08-04-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Figure skating is hard.

vCash
    I totally missed the Mag 7 retrospective.

Question: was Dominique Dawes included?

I noticed she wasn't present in these reunion photos.

What gives? They showed her in the stands watching the competition in London.

Anyone know why she wasn't with her old teammates?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    In an attempt to get rid of The Flying Squirrel, Dominique Dawes has nicknamed Gabby "Gabulous" in the media and it has stuck. #Gabulous is getting quite a few hashtags on twitter. Thank god, that nickname is cute but I got sick of it very quickly. She's too Gabulous to be a squirrel.
    I definitely like "Gabulous" a lot more than "The Flying Squirrel," mainly because whenever I hear that term, my mind automatically goes to the character in Disney's Ice Princess whose nickname was "The Jumping Shrimp."
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ View Post

She apparently had media responsibilities and couldn't be there for the reunion stuff. I'm sure she was bummed!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I'm so upset that I missed the retrospective on Atlanta. I hope it is online soon. No clue why Dawes wouldn't be there, you would think they would have planned this far enough in advance to have everyone present. LOL at Phelps showing up in jeans and a shirt. It looks like it has her gyms logo on it so I guess she thought it was a chance for free advertisement. She looks way under-dressed, though.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ View Post

The retrospective was primarily focused on Kerri and the vault, not the team or the competition as a whole. When they showed the other gymnasts talking, they were largely talking about Kerri and the vault So, even if Dominique had been there, she probably just would have shown her briefly making a comment about the vault.

My favorite part was when Kerri said that Bela was not nice.
    And, oh yeah, Bob Costas finally mentioning that the team would have won the gold even without Kerri's vault.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post

That's one of the funniest bits I've ever seen by Stephen Colbert

*runs off to Facebook to post it on my wall*
    I loved how he defended Ye's gold in the pool too.

vCash
    I'm starting to think it will be next to impossible for Russia, Romania etc to compete with USA long term. Reason being they don't have the depth where they can afford to break gymnasts. And with this code/difficulty requires training for consistency leads to breaking.

My saddness is when the Soviets "dominated' they dominated with creative, beautiful gymnastics...Marta cares less about things like that.. This doesn't mean there aren't some great gymnasts Gabby and Maroney are truly special (and I enjoy Ross's cleaniness) but... I wish someone like Alexandrov was running the US program. Although then what can you do it starts when they are young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I loved how he defended Ye's gold in the pool too.
    I know, right?

I also loved his response to the Chinese Team's Doctor's allegations that Phelps had to be doping...

"Well, China, ya got us....Phelps was doping..."

**insert the infamous picture of Phelps doing a bong hit in the background**

"Phelps smoked the icky-sticky, and then he smoked your ass!!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    In my view, yes they did! Freaking idiots. I was completely spoiler free while watching on NBC and then freaking Today show tells me to watch tomorrow after tonights "epic results" or whatever and they are having Douglass and Lochte on, yet neither of their competitions was over yet! (Lochte/Phelps race had not been broadcast on NBC yet when this commercial aired). I was blazing ticked because I knew right then that Gabby won and it took the excitement out of watching for me.
    But they had Lochte on and he didn't win.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast