Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Roses are red, violets are blue, this poem is dumb and so are you.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    This is exactly what I'm hoping for, though I know Raisman has plenty of detractors here.
    I really want Raisman to medal in both of her events and I would love for her to earn an individual gold medal. My love and admiration for her only grew as a result of these Games. She is a wonderful team captain and a beautiful person!

vCash
    I'd like Aly Raisman to earn an individual medal, too. I feel like she was should have received a bronze yesterday, so it would be nice if she could win a medal. Given how things went on the beam and her lower floor score last night, it would be kind of nice for her to kind of redeem herself.

It would really be a bummer of Maroney didn't win gold because that would mean that she made a very uncharacteristic bad mistake.

I'd also like Beth to get a medal at home.

Most of all, though, my biggest wish is for NBC to show more of the competitors. Is it really that hard to show 8 vaults or 8 routines?

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    8 vaulters takes no time at all, especially since NBC can edit out waiting for the scores. Just show a vault, show them down at the end of the runway and flash vault #1 score and have them vault again. Leave the drama on the cutting room floor unless it actually existed in the arena. NBC almost ruined the AA for me when they wouldn't show Komova's floor score and I realized we saw a grand total of 5 athletes and never once did they show the placements of anyone outside of the top 6 unless it was at the very end and I missed it.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    NBC will probably show Maroney watching everyone else compete and her reactions. Canada has two gymnasts in that final but I think it would kill NBC to show a Canadian female gymnast at the Olympics.

vCash
    Eh, Maroney won't be watching anyone vault. She goes up second to last and might not even be in the arena until immediately prior to her turn; there's no touch warmup in EF's so the gymnasts have to do all their warming up in the adjacent gym.

The only person she might watch is Izbasa go goes right after her, I believe.

vCash
    If NBC shows any non American who doesn't medal (with the exception of Komova/Musty) I'll be pleasantly surprised. The only thing in our favor is that with gym split over three days there may be more time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I really want Raisman to medal in both of her events and I would love for her to earn an individual gold medal. My love and admiration for her only grew as a result of these Games. She is a wonderful team captain and a beautiful person!
    I really want her to win a medal too. She is such a class act. What a great role model she is for younger gymnasts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    If NBC shows any non American who doesn't medal (with the exception of Komova/Musty) I'll be pleasantly surprised. The only thing in our favor is that with gym split over three days there may be more time.
    I hope they will at least show all the medalists, regardless of Nationality. That would be better than only showing the Americans and then Komova and Mustafina.

I don't remember Olympic Gymnastics coverage being so focused on such a few athletes ever before. I remember seeing so many more gymnasts in 92, 96, 2000...etc. I think it began getting worse in Beijing but this is just awful. Only seeing 5 gymnasts in the AA and never even showing us results beyond the top 6. The team competition was all USA/RUS and then 2 or 3 routines from CHN/ROM combined. We saw two routines from GB in qualifications, I think, none in TFs. It is a joke. I guess if the USA ever sucks in the future that the upside to it will be that we will get to see a lot of other gymnasts from other countries.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    This is exactly what I'm hoping for, though I know Raisman has plenty of detractors here.
    I actually would be okay with her winning, because I feel i've been mean and she's been really consistently top floor worker.. I'd at least like to see her get a medal there.....

vCash
    Why show an 8th place vaulter when you can interview Debbie Phelps!!

vCash
    I've really been enjoying following along with the discussions here so far! I'm a once every 4 years fan, but I think I'd really like to get more familiar with gymnastics. Can anyone who's familiar with gymnastics please recommend a gymnastics discussion forum? I searched for one on google, but I only found forums with hardly any posts at all. I'm looking for a lively forum with lots of discussion. Please PM if you don't want to post it in the thread. Thanks!

vCash
    http://www.wwgym.com/forum/forum.php

That's pretty decent. It's not as active as say, FSU, but it's the most fair and balanced one I've seen.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    http://intlgymnast.com/forum/ is very active but seems to be populated mostly by teenage girls so things can get a little and at times.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    I like our gymnastics discussion forum in the Other Sports section. Everyone is over the age of 12 so the discussions stay...well...sane. Plus we have great taste.

It's nice to have a place to go to considering most of my friends have no interest in gymnastics beyond the Olympics.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    I like our gymnastics discussion forum in the Other Sports section. Everyone is over the age of 12 so the discussions stay...well...sane. Plus we have great taste.

It's nice to have a place to go to considering most of my friends have no interest in gymnastics beyond the Olympics.
    FSU!
    Roll Tide, y'all!

vCash
    Wrong thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    http://www.wwgym.com/forum/forum.php

That's pretty decent. It's not as active as say, FSU, but it's the most fair and balanced one I've seen.
    I post there as well. I like it but someone's posts were getting very annoying after the AA final and I thought "geez, this person and Bek should be best friends" and I looked at the name and saw bek as part of their username. So apparently I am not the only one from here who posts there.
    -Brian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I post there as well. I like it but someone's posts were getting very annoying after the AA final and I thought "geez, this person and Bek should be best friends" and I looked at the name and saw bek as part of their username. So apparently I am not the only one from here who posts there.
    Look. I have toned down, and getting back to my ilfe for the most part? So please....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I have an account, but have never posted.

I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about though. I have that poster on ignore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Look. I have toned down, and getting back to my ilfe for the most part? So please....
    I really did think it was funny. You went overboard that night but I can look back and laugh. I wasn't trying to be rude.
    -Brian

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast