Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

vCash
    Ok I apologize everyone, that was my mistake, I think Iw as just really emotional and WTF at the fact they posted Canada finished third and then were DQed, they made a mistake and the rules are the rules, so they rightfully lost the medal. I full well admit that now.

I'm just super stressed about not being able to find the marathon swimming for men on DVD, it's driving me nuts.
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grimey View Post
    "Cheating" is not quite the right word here. Cheating is intentional, mistakes are not(usually)
    agree. It didn't appear to be a deliberate attempt to skirt the rules (they know that the race will be reviewed and stepping out of their lane will result in a DQ), just an unfortunate (and honest) error. I thought it was admirable that he admitted to it right away and apologized.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 08-11-2012 at 10:26 PM.

vCash
    also, congrats to Mo Farah on another gold medal!

vCash
    Wow--- Mo Farah is awesome. That is a lot of unintentional pressure--being the favorite and competing in London and Mo has been marvelous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Wow--- Mo Farah is awesome. That is a lot of unintentional pressure--being the favorite and competing in London and Mo has been marvelous.
    must be great for the fans, too, being there for all the home victory medal ceremonies

GB's athletes really gave them a treat

vCash
    if you want to see the photos that bolt took when he grabbed a photographer's camera, take a look at this website.

eta. i'm checking the link and it won't open. if it doesn't work for you, google: Usain Bolt Nabs Photographer’s DSLR, Snaps Awesome POV Shots

vCash
    It worked for me. Thanks for posting the link. I read about Bolt grabbing the camera and snapping away. Love the perspective.

Poohy to the official who tried to take the baton off Bolt. It is not as if they had to use it again. He did manage to get it back.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    at Bolt for getting pissed that he couldn't keep the baton.
    It's hilarious the things that people find aggrieving? I mean, really, that annoyed you? Not the fact that he wasn;t allowed to keep it?!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    for the Canadians.
    Oh, you're Canadian!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post

Poohy to the official who tried to take the baton off Bolt. It is not as if they had to use it again. He did manage to get it back.
    Totally. I'm sure he'll auction it for his foundation at some point. What a legend and such a showman. He actually performs for the crowd and not just infront of them. There will never be another athlete like him. How that he may not be in Rio, or indeed any track meet again!

vCash
    So bummed for Canada. The rules are the rules but in this case it seems so harsh. My heart breaks for the team.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Eh?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    It's hilarious the things that people find aggrieving? I mean, really, that annoyed you? Not the fact that he wasn;t allowed to keep it?!
    Aggrieving? Um, no.

Rules are rules, but I guess they don't apply to Bolt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    if you want to see the photos that bolt took when he grabbed a photographer's camera, take a look at this website.

eta. i'm checking the link and it won't open. if it doesn't work for you, google: Usain Bolt Nabs Photographer’s DSLR, Snaps Awesome POV Shots
    Thanks, iggie! I thought that was hilarious and hoped I would get a chance to see the pics he took.

It worked for me. Thanks for posting the link. I read about Bolt grabbing the camera and snapping away. Love the perspective.

Yeah, I thought the official was a bit terse. Bolt was grateful when he did eventually get it.

I just watched the race again. It's so exciting to see new WRs in both the women's and men's 4 by 100m races--wow! These athletes really brought it!

vCash
    Awesome relay by the jamaicans. I just love the awesome speed bolt has when he starts to accelerate. It's just a thing of beauty... just like watching a cheetah accelerate is a thing of beauty. I could watch it again and again.

Cool about the javelin win by the teen from Trinidad! Talk about a surprise win. Excellent.

Sad for the Canadians. They were fast enough for that medal, but if you drift over, lose concentration, and touch the line ( I don't think the general viewer knows that even a touch disqualifies you on the turns...I didn't) you are out. It would have hurt less if they had not posted them as 3rd place and instead left it blank while the tapes were reviewed. Nothing hurts like getting something and then having it taken away...just like the Ukrainian men in the gymnastics.

So happy for Caster Semenya. When you think back to what she has had to endure and then for her to come back and get 2nd. wow. It pains me to think of the mental anguish she must have felt while her gender was investigated...my gosh.

And Mo...super Mo. Nice race again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    I'm just super stressed about not being able to find the marathon swimming for men on DVD, it's driving me nuts.
    I am not sure about DVDs of the event, but I believe CTV said that the events are available online.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    Yeah, I thought the official was a bit terse. Bolt was grateful when he did eventually get it.
    The funny thing was there was a woman who tried to grab it out of his hand as he ran past after crossing the line. They they had the "elderly gentleman" official who looked like he was reprimanding Bolt for holding onto it.

I think the athletics has been fantastic this Olympics (well what I saw of it). And crowd was amazing. Well done London.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Wrong thread. :

vCash
    The funny thing was there was a woman who tried to grab it out of his hand as he ran past after crossing the line. ...
    haha, I saw that--he looked back and smiled at her. it was funny

I think the athletics has been fantastic this Olympics (well what I saw of it). And crowd was amazing. Well done London.
    ITA. The athletes, organizers, and crowd were all awesome.

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    one of the 4 Canadians who ran the 4x100 relay - Seyi Smith - is a friend of mine. We went to high school together. Seeing his joy when they announced Canada was in third then his heart-breaking tears once the team was DQ'ed was simply unbearable. I am so gutted for him and his teammates. What a horrible outcome.

The team should be very proud of what they achieved. They put Canada's sprinters back on the map.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    one of the 4 Canadians who ran the 4x100 relay - Seyi Smith - is a friend of mine. We went to high school together. Seeing his joy when they announced Canada was in third then his heart-breaking tears once the team was DQ'ed was simply unbearable. I am so gutted for him and his teammates. What a horrible outcome.

The team should be very proud of what they achieved. They put Canada's sprinters back on the map.
    Oh wow, that is really close to home.

vCash
    Congrats to Keshorn Walcott on winning gold in the javelin.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast