Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

vCash
    I think Rowdy might be able to out shriek Scott.

vCash
    Well that totally effing sucked. I don't even want to watch the rest of this. I want to go to bed. I hate Tyler Clary.

vCash
    Well, that was worth switching for, good race by the rookie?

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Not gonna lie, I was not rooting for Clary to win...

vCash
    This hasn't been the Olympics everyone expected for Ryan at all.

vCash
    Let me clarify on swimming: I totally believe they should show all the finals in swimming. I can do without a lot of the semis--especially some of the ones they've show that have had no Americans and/or no medal favorites--at the expense of showing other sports. I can do without the fluff that tells us nothing new about the athlete or the sport we don't already know.

I'm sure I'll feel much the same way about track and field next week.

ETA: Clary, really? UGH. I have the same feelings about him as I do Gary Hall Jr. I was rooting for the Aussies when Gary Hall Jr swam.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    You have to think Ryan had his attention already partly on the IM in how he strategized this race...
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Well that totally effing sucked. I don't even want to watch the rest of this. I want to go to bed. I hate Tyler Clary.
    I consoled myself by remembering that he never got his wish of beating Phelps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Not gonna lie, I was not rooting for Clary to win...
    Really? After his "PAY ATTENTION TO ME MICHAEL DOESN'T EVEN WORK THAT HARD WHY DON'T I GET ANY MEDIA OR WINS?" bs, I was seriously rooting for no medals for him.

I don't understand what is going on with Michael or Ryan. They both looked so good at Trials. Ryan was DOMINANT in Shanghai. There's no way Clary should have been able to beat Lochte here. Something is seriously off with Ryan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    I consoled myself by remembering that he never got his wish of beating Phelps.
    Yeah, but he got Olympic Gold, so I'm betting he'll get over it. Especially if Michael doesn't get any individual golds this year.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    We'll console ourselves with the likelihood that Clary has already greatly depreciated his O gold earning power by unendearing himself to thousands of fans before the games even started with those quotes.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    There's no way Clary should have been able to beat Lochte here. Something is seriously off with Ryan.
    My husband (casual fan, watched some of Trials) was very confused by the result. He was like, "I thought Lochte was unbeatable."

Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    We'll console ourselves with the likelihood that Clary has already greatly depreciated his O gold earning power by unendearing himself to thousands of fans before the games even started with those quotes.
    Yup.

I wish they had showed us more coverage of Nathan's win last night. I could use some Nathan fluff.

vCash
    Somebody on twitter: "Must be really stressful for Gabby Douglas and the other gymnasts to have to sit and watch swimming now before finishing their competition."

perfect

vCash
    I think Ryan is gassed. Like the guy said, that was his 12th of 13 swims.
    I was on swim team in HS and obviously I never trained at the level of these athletes, but god it can be exhausting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    My husband (casual fan) was very confused by the result. He was like, "I thought Lochte was unbeatable."
    He was. Last year.

I wonder if some of it is the closeness of trials to Olympics but it's not like all of USA has been sluggish. Although it does seem like there has been underperforming from the US athletes with the biggest programs.

But still, Michael and Ryan should never have lost the 200 fly and 200 back. Even when Michael was barely trained, he never let anyone get close in that fly. And this is a bad double but Ryan's been doing this double for ever. I just don't get it. And I really don't like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    I think Ryan is gassed. Like the guy said, that was his 12th of 13 swims.
    I was on swim team in HS and obviously I never trained at the level of these athletes, but god it can be exhausting.
    Yeah, but the thing is he did 12 of those swims in Shanghai and won 5 Golds. And he did 12 of them in Rome and did really well. Hell, I'm pretty sure he did more in Beijing and as of this moment (and I don't know the results of the IM), he was better there.

Eh?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Let me clarify on swimming: I totally believe they should show all the finals in swimming. I can do without a lot of the semis--especially some of the ones they've show that have had no Americans and/or no medal favorites--at the expense of showing other sports.
    I really wish they'd be *less* American-centric. Showing more races, more sports in which Americans aren't necessarily contenders paints a much better picture of what's going on in London.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    I really wish they'd be *less* American-centric. Showing more races, more sports in which Americans aren't necessarily contenders paints a much better picture of what's going on in London.
    Sure but even I, a massive swimming lover, think that it would be much more interesting to show non-americans in gymnastics finals than non-americans in swimming semi-finals.

vCash
    Tyler Clary.

vCash
    Yeah, but the thing is he did 12 of those swims in Shanghai and won 5 Golds. And he did 12 of them in Rome and did really well. Hell, I'm pretty sure he did more in Beijing and as of this moment (and I don't know the results of the IM), he was better there.
    It could just be the pressure of expectations getting to him too. I don't know, only Ryan knows.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast