Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,009 of 1009

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Costas "Coming up tomorrow, a look at the Magnificent 7, the team who won the all-around in Atlanta." Well, duh. A whole team will always win the all-around against individual gymnasts
    So I watched this commercial for the Mag 7 being on tomorrow and I can't exactly figure out what it means - were they saying that they would be on the NBC Olympic Prime Time broadcast or on something else? It didn't seem super clear to me, but maybe it's because I'm dumb enough to think that NBC would show actual sports during the Olympic broadcast and put a replay of 16 years ago on a different show.

vCash
    Matryeshka, did you read what Prancer said?

Could everyone just stop feeding bek? I'm begging you. Please.

vCash
    A lot of stuff with Mustafina and her coach was that of a petulant daughter angle. Like a problem child.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    So I watched this commercial for the Mag 7 being on tomorrow and I can't exactly figure out what it means - were they saying that they would be on the NBC Olympic Prime Time broadcast or on something else? It didn't seem super clear to me, but maybe it's because I'm dumb enough to think that NBC would show actual sports during the Olympic broadcast and put a replay of 16 years ago on a different show.

I think they are showing interviews with the Mag 7, and perhaps a retrospective of Atlanta.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    Ouch @ Twitter Nation with all the nasty comments directed towards Komova and Mustafina from the East Coasters who just watched the tape delay...not very nice from the once-every-four-years viewers...most not even bothering with last names ("Those Russians")
    I had to defend Mustafina and Komova to my FB friends who are experts all of a sudden.

I take back (somewhat) what I said about Komova. She really did have heavy pressure on her shoulders and I believe she felt she had the Soviet legacy to defend. It's quite clear through her gymnastics that she has a respect for classic gymnastics that's missing now.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    Mustafina and Komova have had it easy compared to Maroney on the internet IMO. I can't tell you how many gifs and memes I've seen about Maroney and her "attitude." I'm being kind here, because she's actually referred to as having "b**** face." It's a strange backhanded compliment? for sure.
    Maroney comes across to me as a competitor who isn't intimidated by "pressure", the media, and having all eyes on her. She's confident in her abilities, and it shows. Musty OTOH, both in AA and especially in the very first rotation of team finals, looked like she was about to burst into tears at any moment. I can understand that when it became obvious she wasn't going to win, but at the beginning of the competition?? When I watched Komova, the word that came to mind was "fragile", and neither one of them had an air that screamed confidence and assertiveness. Maroney has that, and I think she's going to become the USA's next double OGM come the vault final.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I had to defend Mustafina and Komova to my FB friends who are experts all of a sudden.

I take back (somewhat) what I said about Komova. She really did have heavy pressure on her shoulders and I believe she felt she had the Soviet legacy to defend. It's quite clear through her gymnastics that she has a respect for classic gymnastics that's missing now.
    I wanted the Russians to win and I'm sad they didn't. I didn't want just one style of gymnastics to succeed. I wanted different styles to shine. But then I have to remember Liukin's style did have its day 4 years ago, so I can't complain too much.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Oh that FX of Komova, so beautiful. I prefer her over the rest but I guess stepping all the way off on the vault kinda did it - they could have been even more harsh, but ah well.

Gabby, wow, way to attack it when it counts. 2 golds, incredible.

Ekk, losing a tie breaker like that hurts. I was rooting for Mustafina, but it seems like a weird way to do it.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Over 1000, thread closed.

If another thread gets rolling, could people please take a few deep breaths before posting?
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051