Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    vCash
    the nbc replay video for gymnastics men AA main feed disappeared--does that mean it's gone for good? NBC buffered all the way through the medal ceremony for me--i was thinking i'd like to see it now, but no luck

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    I am secretly rooting for this just for the
    I will bet you anything that NBC will have Jordyn front and center in the audience and we will get lots of reaction shots as Jordyn bravely cheers for her teammates and attempts to hide her heartbreak (repeat of teary qualifiers scene) as she wonders what might have been.

I can almost hear Al slurring it all out now.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyora1 View Post
    I guess NBC figures le clos's hotness scores more ratings than Uchimara's hairy pitts
    Well we saw those arm pits a lot.....I have to agree with them

vCash
    I haven't kept up with coverage on NBC primetime, and from the little I saw tonight I'm glad I've stuck to BBC coverage. As much as I wanted to see Kohei in HD(as opposed to an online live stream), I had to give up once I heard Al talk about Japan's "silver medal of survival" and referring to PH as "the scene of the crime."

In the little I saw I suppose I should be grateful they didn't manage to insert Jordyn Wieber in somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Leyva actually tweeted the towel "how you doing in my bag, everything ok?"

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperholly View Post
    Leyva actually tweeted the towel "how you doing in my bag, everything ok?"
    I will love Danell forever if he did the towel's tweeting too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    It was fantastic! He's always been more of a supporting member through the years. He's medaled in tons of relays but I don't remember him ever winning Worlds in an individual event. So happy for him to finally do it in the Olympics!
    This is Nathan's first individual Long Course medal at Worlds/Olympics. Way to save it for the biggest possible moment, eh Nathan?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    And John had a very good competition after the PH. I wanted to see him redeem himself.
    "USA men's gymnasts don't medal but still keep fighting" is not a story line NBC plans to acknowledge. Which is odd, because you'd think it would be right up their alley. They eliminated the men's team from competition in the team final as soon as they stopped making mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by suep1963 View Post
    And I thought of TG--we had the emergency broadcast BEEEPPP test right before they came back for the medal ceremony for the women's relay race. I thought we might miss it, but got done with the test in time.

As we watched it, Mom said "those jackets aren't getting any better with time"
    They really do not resemble a fine wine in any way. The winter Olympic Athletes should tell NBC that they will refuse to medal if they don't get a red, white, and blue outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyora1 View Post
    I loved how Tim compared Nguyens two steps on the floor to Leyvas's one step on the bar. It's called the All Around not the (last event in the competition determines everything)
    But Nguyen only competed on that one event when Leyva did FIVE! He should have had to have been perfect!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post

But Nguyen only competed on that one event when Leyva did FIVE! He should have had to have been perfect!
    He has a tendency of being quick to go after others errors but not the Americans. He mentions it sometime but.. Its just really bad though because look what happened to figure skating when Hamilton and Bezic went all jingoistic?

This type of thing can happen in gymnastics....

vCash
    Wuz joke. About coverage.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Marcel Nguyen wins AA silver and we only got to see his floor routine. Really, NBC, that's the best you can do? REALLY?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I will bet you anything that NBC will have Jordyn front and center in the audience and we will get lots of reaction shots as Jordyn bravely cheers for her teammates and attempts to hide her heartbreak (repeat of teary qualifiers scene) as she wonders what might have been.

I can almost hear Al slurring it all out now.
    Oh god, you are right, I will bet a lot of money that this is exactly what we'll see.

I would avoid the NBC coverage completely, but as good as CTV's coverage has been, it's not possible to show all the routines with 4 going at the same time, so I unfortunately have to supplement with NBC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skfan View Post
    the nbc replay video for gymnastics men AA main feed disappeared--does that mean it's gone for good? NBC buffered all the way through the medal ceremony for me--i was thinking i'd like to see it now, but no luck
    For gymnastics events that have already occurred:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/gymnastic...t&vx=grid&px=1

Click on the arrow next to "Event" and it will show you a list of what has been archived. Click on men's all around, and you'll see the main feed, plus 5 of the 6 events.

vCash
    The beach volleyball commentators made one of the stupidest remarks I have heard this olympics - which is saying a lot. Showing a screen shot of one of the American player's (I think) kids - girl and boy (Hannah and I don't remember the boy's name). The announcer says - Hannah on the left and ____ on the right. Like no one could figure out who was the girl and who was the boy? I know sometimes it isn't so obvious, but this time really obvious.
    Last edited by numbers123; 08-02-2012 at 09:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    For gymnastics events that have already occurred:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/gymnastic...t&vx=grid&px=1

Click on the arrow next to "Event" and it will show you a list of what has been archived. Click on men's all around, and you'll see the main feed, plus 5 of the 6 events.

thank you so much for explaining!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910