Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Sorry, but in my experience with managers that's not a valid reason to downplay your attention to the interests of your other clients.

IF Johnny's or the other skaters' agents were producing the show I could agree with you but from what I've been told, the rink was producing the show and ultimately it was the rink's responsibility to promote it.

vCash
    Just checked and saw that Johnny's agent posted on facebook that it was the rink's decision to cancel the show and ticket holders should contact the rink since the rink had full control over the show - including marketing. Tara (Johnny's agent) said they were heartbroken over the cancellation and sorry for the inconveniences it caused.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Poor them.
    Poor Danell Leyva! The only US male gymnast to get a medal, it sucks to be him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    IF Johnny's or the other skaters' agents were producing the show I could agree with you but from what I've been told, the rink was producing the show and ultimately it was the rink's responsibility to promote it.

Exactly! It was their responsibility to promote it and to answer the phone to sell the tickets, apparently they couldn't even do that right.

This has nothing to do with our feelings about Johnny's agent.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyintheAM View Post
    Poor Danell Leyva! The only US male gymnast to get a medal, it sucks to be him.
    And Tara helped him to win that medal how?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Posted by Johnny on his Facebook page:

To my fans:
    I am very disappointed about the recent cancellation of the show at my home ice arena in Hackensack, NJ originally scheduled to take part next Saturday 18 August. I thank all of you who bought tickets and made travel arrangements to come support me and my ice rink. It was going to be a wonderful moment for me to support my ice arena and the people who run its programs. Due to recent rumblings that have been brought to my attention, I want to assure my fans that nobody in my management team nor myself were responsible for organizing this show. Our involvement in the show was simply that of any performer and as a thank you to Ice House for being so accommodating to my team and my return to competition. I hope in the future that my rink will have another show and of course, you'll all be invited. I hope this resolves any questions or differences within my fan community. -Johnny
    — at Ice House Hackensack NJ.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Posted by a fan on Johnny´s Facebook page:
    I just spoke with Ice House and Fireworks, and here's what they told me. According to Ice House, people who bought tickets directly are being refunded today. They may try to put on a show again "later in the season," but there aren't any real plans for it at this point. As for those of us who bought through Fireworks, Ice House doesn't even have a list of us, so that's why we didn't hear about the cancellation and won't be getting refunds yet. Fireworks says that Tara will be taking care of our refunds, but not until she gets back from London. She's due back on Wenesday.
    and
    I have seen no official notice of cancellation from Ice House or anyone connected with the show including Fireworks who sold the platinum tickets.

No word from anyone (Johnny, Tara) who'd been promoting the show except for FANS. I'm not blaming Johnny or Tara for the cancellation, but they invited fans to come so the least they could do for fans is alert those who bought tickets that the show wasn't happening.
    It seems Johnny and Tara only started commenting on this after the issue came up here and Fireworks were called into question.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    What Tara posted on Johnny's facebook page earlier today. The show was cancelled yesterday and given that Tara is in London, most likely someone in her office did not notify her immediately of the cancellation.

Dear Friends -
    I wanted to clarify any and all confusion. First and foremost, we are also disappointed at the cancellation of the show. To clarify, Fireworks had absolutely nothing to do with the production, marketing or logistics of this event. If you had a PLATINUM VIP ticket that was purchased through Fireworks - we are processing refunds online.
    Most of you know me personally and know that we would never have cancelled a Johnny show! We are in the process of pitching sponsors and planning a Holiday show this year and hope to see you all there.
    An email was sent yesterday afternoon to all PLATINUM VIP TICKET holders with a notification about the show.
    We have nothing to do with the regular VIP ticket holders and again, I'm sorry for those of you that planned travel, etc.
    If you have any questions about the cancellation of the event itself - please call Ice House.

Tara and Fireworks

vCash
    That doesn't mean a manager can't monitor the situation to ensure that the rink or the producer does what they were supposed to do, or should do. That's part of providing managerial services to your client. And saying you are too busy with your other clients is not fair to everyone else you represent.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    That doesn't mean a manager can't monitor the situation to ensure that the rink or the producer does what they were supposed to do, or should do. That's part of providing managerial services to your client. And saying you are too busy with your other clients is not fair to everyone else you represent.

The show was cancelled on Thursday, Tara posted info on Friday, Michel Brezina's facebook page was updated today with a notice to contact the rink for refunds. One has to wonder if the skaters and agents were notified of the cancellation the same time as the ticket holders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marbri View Post
    It seems Johnny and Tara only started commenting on this after the issue came up here and Fireworks were called into question.

Again, Fireworks and Johnny were not producing the show and were no more responsible for the ticket sales than the Reeds, Brezina or the other skaters who had agreed to skate in the show.

vCash
    Again, Fireworks and Johnny were not producing the show and were no more responsible for the ticket sales than the Reeds, Brezina or the other skaters who had agreed to skate in the show.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "no more responsible", because you've posted above that Fireworks was selling the VIP package tickets.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    The quotes I gave above were regarding the tickets Fireworks were responsible for. The women who posted said she was told by the rink that they didn't have a list of the tickets sold by Fireworks. Another comments that she called the rink and they told her they had no record of her paying for a ticket and says that someone took $180 from her. It's then someone points out that what she bought was a Fireworks Platinum VIP ticket so she has to deal with them. So the tickets the rink sold they are taking care of and it seems the Fireworks tickets are another deal that was done separately from the rink sales so that is Tara's responsibility and failure.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Well I bought my ticket from the rink and have yet to be notified of the cancellation by the rink. I will be checking very carefully to make sure my credit card was not charged.

vCash
    I'm not sure what you mean by "no more responsible", because you've posted above that Fireworks was selling the VIP package tickets.

I was referring to ticket buyers like myself who purchased the tickets from the rink and not Fireworks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    And Tara helped him to win that medal how?
    In no way, but obviously didn't bring him doom, did she?

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    The show was cancelled on Thursday, Tara posted info on Friday, Michel Brezina's facebook page was updated today with a notice to contact the rink for refunds. One has to wonder if the skaters and agents were notified of the cancellation the same time as the ticket holders.
    That's my guess too.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyintheAM View Post
    In no way, but obviously didn't bring him doom, did she?
    She's his agent not his coach. You're the one that conflated things. Let's see what she can do for him now. I still say poor him.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    oh~once again tara proved she's a bad manager in all ways ╮(╯_╰)╭

but it's strange,Ice House hold many shows before,and nearly every time the tickets selling isn't that good,but they did those shows after all,and I think they can get enough money from the shows especially from those VIP tickets.This time they have Brezina together,I can't understand the tickets selling would be much worse...

well,I don't know if Johnny's angels in America are become tired of him or something...maybe tara should think to do some VIP meeting in Asia,there are many girls would like to pay money for him here...

vCash
    Okay still not sure how this cancellation came about be Johnny's fault but things happen and shows do get cancelled. Moving on......

While it would had been wonderful to see Johnny skate live again in a show, now that the initial upset over the cancellation has lessened, I am thankful the show did not get cancelled due to an injury to Johnny and I look forward to seeing him on ice network skating at his grand prix events.
    Last edited by judiz; 08-11-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast