Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Are you sure the rink was only doing non-VIP reservations? This seems to suggest they were handling them all:
    http://icehousenjfsc.org/1877/ice-ho...g-johnny-weir/

Johnny's management had a special platinum VIP package which included a skating seminar from the ice house coaches, the show, meet and greet and lunch at the rink. Regular VIP tickets were for show and meet and greet (on ice seating) and regular seating was in the bleachers and did not include meet and greet.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Johnny's management had a special platinum VIP package which included a skating seminar from the ice house coaches, the show, meet and greet and lunch at the rink. Regular VIP tickets were for show and meet and greet (on ice seating) and regular seating was in the bleachers and did not include meet and greet.
    Well, that should have been clear in any and all of the publicity about the show. Obviously there was a problem with consistent messaging about the ticket options.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Well, that should have been clear in any and all of the publicity about the show. Obviously there was a problem with consistent messaging about the ticket options.

Johnny posted on his twitter several times the phone number to buy tickets and all the ticket information was posted on Johnny's Facebook page and official website. Honestly not sure if any of the other skaters scheduled to skate in the show talked about it to their fans. The Ice House had a small message about the show on its website but no advertisements were taken out in the local newspapers to let people know of the show. Given that I've just got confirmation that the rink was producing the show, I place the blame strictly on the Ice House. The rink is closed on the weekends and has hockey camp during the week, who did they expect to come to this show if the only advertisements were in-house?
    Last edited by judiz; 08-10-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    I´m sure calling it an Evening with Champions and then actually seeing the list of names didn't help with ticket sales.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    A rink that is closed on weekends? That's just odd to me.

Is it possible too that one of the skaters got injured?
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    A rink that is closed on weekends? That's just odd to me.
    I saw that on their website. I think it's for the summer.

Is it possible too that one of the skaters got injured?
    It looks like they just don't know how to organize and sell the show.

vCash
    The rink is closed only on the weekends in July and August, no injuries just poor promotion by rink. I also know several people who wanted tickets but no one was answering the phone at the rink to sell them.

vCash
    If you look at the freestyle schedule the rink is only closed several Saturdays all summer (I think there's only one dark Sat. in August). It is however closed all Sundays in the summer.

vCash
    Closed to public skating and no birthday parties over the summer

vCash
    Right - folks were saying the rink was closed all weekends over the summer. It isn't. No public skating but freestyle is available most Saturdays. Given the level of attendance at public skates in the summer in the northeast if my rink is any indication (very few people there and fewer in August than July), I can see why they might use the time otherwise or save the money by not hiring subs for vacationing staff.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Johnny posted on his twitter several times the phone number to buy tickets and all the ticket information was posted on Johnny's Facebook page and official website. Honestly not sure if any of the other skaters scheduled to skate in the show talked about it to their fans.
    But that's not the same as advertising it to the general public. A show that size is not going to be a success if only the skaters' fans attend (particularly as some of the skaters on the bill are not that well known, in North America anyway).

The Ice House had a small message about the show on its website but no advertisements were taken out in the local newspapers to let people know of the show. Given that I've just got confirmation that the rink was producing the show, I place the blame strictly on the Ice House.
    I don't. Johnny has a manager/agent - where was she in making sure the show was adequately promoted? Especially as it was being billed as something of a comeback show.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    I don't. Johnny has a manager/agent - where was she in making sure the show was adequately promoted? Especially as it was being billed as something of a comeback show.
    This. Plus it looks there wasn't much lead time anyway. Mancow posted on the 1st of Aug for a show on the 18th. Did anyone know about it before that?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    PinkFeathers started the original thread in GSD about this show on July 10: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84231
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    PinkFeathers started the original thread in GSD about this show on July 10: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84231
    Thanks, I missed that.
    3539 and counting.

Just me
    vCash
    Looks like Johnny needs a new manager. Maybe PinkFeathers is available.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Johnny's agent is in London since she also represents athletes competing at the Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    Looks like Johnny needs a new manager. Maybe PinkFeathers is available.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Johnny's agent is in London since she also represents athletes competing at the Olympics.
    Poor them.
    3539 and counting.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Sorry, but in my experience with managers that's not a valid reason to downplay your attention to the interests of your other clients.

vCash
    I was just told by a friend who knows this situation far better than I do (I don't know anything except what has been discussed here) that Ice House had asked the skaters to do this - rinks periodically present a show with "their" skaters. They just didn't appear to publicize it at all. That's very curious - did they think it would sell itself? I just can't imagine what they were thinking.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast