Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Yes, but they can focus on Tom Daly and how he disappointed a nation. The Queen's dream of reclaiming Empire plunged to the depths of the pool of despair.

You know how NBC loves disappointment.
    Actually, apart from showing him when the British divers dive, they don't have much to say about him. I'm glad they're showing this because two teams medal for the first time. I won't say who.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    So I shouldn't tell you that Djibouti won women's gymnastics?
    I thought it was Ukraine.

vCash
    Maybe NBC has learned something. I doubt it, but maybe. Today at work, no one was really talking about men's or women's gymnastics, but everyone was talking about: 1) what is this sport 2) when did they add that to the Olympics 3) it was SO COOL.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Maybe NBC has learned something. I doubt it, but maybe. Today at work, no one was really talking about men's or women's gymnastics, but everyone was talking about: 1) what is this sport 2) when did they add that to the Olympics 3) it was SO COOL.
    Nobody at my work cares about gymnastics either and they all care about swimming, diving and guess what? BEACH VOLLEYBALL
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    This is 10 meter platform and the other day was 3 meter springboard.
    It's really odd that I feel like I remember that pretty clearly but I don't feel like I remember any swimming.

Yes, but they can focus on Tom Daly and how he disappointed a nation. The Queen's dream of reclaiming Empire plunged to the depths of the pool of despair.

You know how NBC loves disappointment.
    Damn straight. Matry, I know you said you wanted to avoid spoilers for the biggest thing that ever happened in all of ever. But did you know that MICHAEL PHELPS DID NOT MEDAL IN THE 400IM! BABY PANDAS, KITTENS, AND DUCKLINGS ALL CRIED REAL TEARS! WANT TO WATCH AGAIN!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I thought it was Ukraine.
    It was, but then Djibouti filed a protest and won.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    If anyone is looking for a live stream of the NBC prime time Olympics coverage,

Here Ya Go!!!

My ass cheeks are going to be numb by the end of tonight, but watching coverage of everything from today is going to be totally worth it .
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

vCash
    Y'all won't be laughing when my penguins show up and stick it in Djibouti.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    How much did they pay for that protest?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    You'd have to ask Destinne Hooker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    Nothing. Since they won the protest, they got the money back.

vCash
    I enjoy watching diving, but I admit that every dive looks the same to me in real time (unless it's a horrible miss).

vCash
    Synchronized diving is a sport I only watch every four years. So after last night and now tonight, I'm quite impressed to learn that Mexico has both men's and women's teams in medal contention. I didn't realize Mexico even had synchronized divers before this week!

Good for Mexico!

ETA: Or did Espinosa win a medal in Beijing with someone else?

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    That's right. Thank you!

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Just keep swimming just keep swimming . . . .

vCash
    However, if anyone--ANYONE--spoils me for women's gymnastics, I will hunt you down. Tim Daggett will scream in your ear while Andrea asks you annoying questions. I will throw angry Yunabombers at you, and then I will let my eville death penguins beat you with a herring while Morozov and Bela Karolyi take turns "trying to get to know you better."

You have been warned.

Note to self, do not spoil the gymnastics for Matry. She promises a fate worse than death.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    I took a nap, so I am good.

Thanks for putting the spoiler free thing in the title, hope I haven't ruined things on previous nights. Guess I am better off going in the specific sport threads cause I know stuff. Whoever said the other American tv channels nightly news announced stuff was right, spoiled I am. But it's still fun to follow everyone's comments here, kind of reminds me of skating competitions, actually exactly the same. Snark and drivel.

JEWELS.
    vCash
    Today at work two male coworkers were discussing Jordyn Weiber not making the AA. I was and
    Normally all anyone talks about is college football/basketball.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i have been muttering to myself about badminton and ping pong, but none of the voices in my head think either is cool
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    Synchronized diving is a sport I only watch every four years. So after last night and now tonight, I'm quite impressed to learn that Mexico has both men's and women's teams in medal contention. I didn't realize Mexico even had synchronized divers before this week!

Good for Mexico!
    Same here (fan every 4 years)....each time I watch it during the Olys, I'm blown away all over again watching the men and women (both individual and synchro).

I have a paralytic fear of heights (I get queasy when watching TV and there's a shot looking over the edge of a high rooftop ), so for these athletes to not only "jump" from 10m, but to add all kinds of insane acrobatics blows my mind.
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast