Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

NBC Viewing - Day 4 - Tues, 7/31 - A Very Big Night and Spoiler Free Please

I'm more than an hour away but I know many are just 20 minutes away.

Last night there was a bit of an issue about spoilers so I thought I would put it in the title.

vCash
    If you watched any of the nightly news, you are no longer unspoiled.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    After a long day at work, nothing sounds better than unwinding by watching excellent coverage of the Olympics... unfortunately, since I live in the US, I will be thrilled if we get decent coverage.

vCash
    I sort of kept track last night of the posts that were about the Olympics and the posts that were about NBC. Guess what percentage were about NBC.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I sort of kept track last night of the posts that were about the Olympics and the posts that were about NBC. Guess what percentage were about NBC.
    Maybe because this is an NBC thread? If I really wanted to discuss any event, I'd go into the general thread for that event. (and I do read the event threads when I can)

ETA also it may reflect what percentage of the broadcast were actual Olympic competitions...

vCash
    Doesn't NBC Nightly News very clearly tell you to look away--several times--before giving spoilers?

However, just in case, I watched House Hunters instead of the news.

Most of the time, if there are spoilers, it sucks, but you know, it happens. I was given a minor spoiler by a random Twitter (I couldn't avoid it--part of my job is to be on Twitter, so I can't just turn off social media entirely). One of the "lesser" sports.

However, if anyone--ANYONE--spoils me for women's gymnastics, I will hunt you down. Tim Daggett will scream in your ear while Andrea asks you annoying questions. I will throw angry Yunabombers at you, and then I will let my eville death penguins beat you with a herring while Morozov and Bela Karolyi take turns "trying to get to know you better."

You have been warned.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    Part of that may happen from those of us who are spoiled not having as much to say about the sports.

For those who are spoiled, the Women's gym and swimming threads are not spoiler free so if you get the urge to mention how you feel about what is going to happen, posting in there works. That's what I've been doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    However, if anyone--ANYONE--spoils me for women's gymnastics, I will hunt you down. Tim Daggett will scream in your ear while Andrea asks you annoying questions. I will throw angry Yunabombers at you, and then I will let my eville death penguins beat you with a herring while Morozov and Bela Karolyi take turns "trying to get to know you better."

You have been warned.
    Is that all you got?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Is that all you got?
    And Uchimura's hairy, hairy, hairy armpits will be right in front of you. Right after he's done a full workout. Oh yes, they will.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Okay, so what's the difference between this women's synchro diving and the women's synchro diving that happened a few days ago? Different platform height?

Nice of the NBC to show diving even when there is no American.

vCash
    I NEED PANDA HATS AND GIANT OLYMPIC GLASSES.

I have a QUEST. So far, diving wins it for the most interesting audience.

vCash
    Doesn't NBC Nightly News very clearly tell you to look away--several times--before giving spoilers?
    Nope = they said AGAIN, we know that we try to keep you spoilers free (or however they said it) but today's big stories are from the olympics

vCash
    However, if anyone--ANYONE--spoils me for women's gymnastics, I will hunt you down.
    So I shouldn't tell you that Djibouti won women's gymnastics?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    tom daley looks like he doesnt even shave yet, if fergus had a car he would dangle tom from the rear view mirror
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Okay, so what's the difference between this women's synchro diving and the women's synchro diving that happened a few days ago? Different platform height?

Yep. and not springboard.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    This is 10 meter platform and the other day was 3 meter springboard.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Wasn't the other diving off the bouncy board instead of a platform? (yeah I suck with technical terms )

vCash
    OK admittedly I'm a bit tired of synchronized diving. I don't know why they can't switch things up and show gymnastics first for a change! Otherwise I'm going to have to just set up my DVR because I have an early morning....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    Wasn't the other diving off the bouncy board instead of a platform? (yeah I suck with technical terms )
    Quote Originally Posted by elka_sk8 View Post
    OK admittedly I'm a bit tired of synchronized diving. I don't know why they can't switch things up and show gymnastics first for a change! Otherwise I'm going to have to just set up my DVR because I have an early morning....
    I am just amazed that anyone can climb that ladder knowing that they will be jumping off of it in a matter of seconds. Then they do the handstand things.

vCash

Yes, but they can focus on Tom Daly and how he disappointed a nation. The Queen's dream of reclaiming Empire plunged to the depths of the pool of despair.

You know how NBC loves disappointment.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast