Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Bek. WE KNOW how you feel about this. We got it. You don't have to repeat it over and over and over as a response to every post whether it has anything to do with your favorite topic or not. We know. We get it. No one here could possibly be unfamiliar with your opinion on this subject. Most of us could probably repeat your entire position on this without even needing to consult one of your posts.

It's not your opinion people find frustrating. It's not that we are confused about what you think or why you think it. It's just that we already know. And that's why it creates backlash. Sorry.
    ^^This. A thousand times over (much like the number of posts bek has made on the subject).
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    ^^This. A thousand times over (much like the number of posts bek has made on the subject).
    Yes. But without the sorry from TG.

vCash
    There are still vids available on YouTube. Well there were a couple hours ago.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    Guys, I am DYING by the adorableness of Gabby and Aly after bars. I'm in the middle of going through all the event streams and writing out visual descriptions for a blind member of IG and I keep hitting replay on this part; it just makes me smile so much.

And we all know how Gabby ROCKED beam...wow, Aly. I want you to give me a pep talk before all the difficult moments in MY life!
    I thought that was such a lovely moment. The American girls, yet again, demonstrate a fantastic camaraderie that is now looking like the key to their stability. The support they get from each other is brilliant. Little bit of a shame Raisman couldn't take her own advice but I really hope she is happy with her 4th place result as it is still an excellent performance.

Watched the TF before I went to bed and I'm struggling to think of a stronger team in the history of the sport. That was an INCREDIBLE display by the Americans. I'm actually surprised at how close the Russians got with their mistakes. Two excellent teams but the US were INSANELY solid.

at how the Romanians lost the momentum they had from Euros.

and and :anger1: at the Brit team selection, Pinches with her 11 on beam was ALWAYS gonna happen and Cairns goes clean for a whopping 13.3/14.2 on beam and vault....Downie would have brought (at worst) 14.0/14.9 and a 14.6 on bars....but sure, why would you want an extra 2 points!

vCash
    Well I might get slammed for this: I am so proud of the American team coming to an Olympiad not in-country and taking both the the team and AA golds. That being said I see the deer-in-headlights look at some of the Russian girls (NOT Aliya) and I don't know whether I want to hug them or to shake them. They are wonderful gymnasts but I want them to walk in with a little swagger. Again Aliya has that confidence but she seems to be the only one. I loved that the US team walked in like they owned the building and thought Russia should be just as confident. This sport messes with your mind--sometimes talent alone is not enough. You have to believe in yourself.

Ma name's Beckeh.
    vCash
    I wonder if part of the problem with the Russian girls is the way they practice. Apparently, they cry a lot when something goes wrong during practice. How in the world do they expect to be able to get through a competition without tears and drama if they can't do it in practice? It's beyond me why the coaches think this is okay.
    Roll Tide, y'all!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    at this tweet from the actress who played Lauren on Make it or Break It:

Now that female Gymnastics is over at the 2012 London Olympics. I wanted to one last time congratulate & thank our girls for their..

(continued) inspiration. U've made our country proud! It may sound silly, but I feel like you completed the #MIOBI journey for us!
    McKayla replied that it was a team tradition to watch MIOBI at training camps.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    That's great that they're having so much fun tweeting with their fave celebs

One thing that occurred to me about this team is that they are from from all across the map. Usually when I think of US women's gymnastics, I think of Iowa, Texas, "heartland America" that produced Nastia, Carly, Shawn, Shannon, etc. This year, we have Aly from Massachusetts, McKayla and Kyla from California, Gabby from Virginia, Jordyn from Michigan...very diverse geographically...

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    at this tweet from the actress who played Lauren on Make it or Break It:

McKayla replied that it was a team tradition to watch MIOBI at training camps.
    But the politely left off that they probably sit there and laugh and point the entire time.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Well I might get slammed for this: I am so proud of the American team coming to an Olympiad not in-country and taking both the the team and AA golds. That being said I see the deer-in-headlights look at some of the Russian girls (NOT Aliya) and I don't know whether I want to hug them or to shake them. They are wonderful gymnasts but I want them to walk in with a little swagger. Again Aliya has that confidence but she seems to be the only one. I loved that the US team walked in like they owned the building and thought Russia should be just as confident. This sport messes with your mind--sometimes talent alone is not enough. You have to believe in yourself.
    This was commented on in a Russian interview with Alexandrov (http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=62448 I google translated it and roughly, I think Alexandrov said that there were many injuries and illnesses one after another right before the Olympics. This hampered training so the gymnasts did not prepare as well as they could have for the Olympics. There was not enough practice time, as they had to make sure the gymnasts were healthy. And when the gymnasts are not prepared, it shows in their confidence. The American gymnasts were fully prepared and healthy and therefore, were more confident.

I mean, essentially, this team was full of injuries--Mustafina's knee, Komova's ankle, Grishina's leg injuries, Afanaseva (some injury I forgot which) mere months before the Olympics.

By the way, the Alexandrov interview didn't confirm that Mustafina would continue... rather that it would depend a good deal on her health and motivation; as she's turning 18 soon, she might have other interests besides gymnastics.

vCash
    Maybe even more than Komova my heart went out to Grishina on the floor. That was tough. Even given the injuries they had a much better showing in London than Beijing and hopefully will build on that. I simply can't believe there isn't a world championship in the cards for Komova.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738