Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Good gawd how ridiculous. Hey congrats to Mexico again! I wondered if a country would emerge to challenge China in diving one day and I think it is Mexico!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Olga Korbut on the BBC when asked if she thought that this was a golden age of gymnastics she said, "No." and that the gymnasts had no personality or grace and weren't really smiling from the heart like she did. PML
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Gotta love that Olga! Hehe, it is true, though! there are some who have a small glimmer here andd there, but in no way do I find this gymnastics era as something special.

I went back and looked at youtube and to watch Oksana Omelianchuk perform on floor was a treat compared to what we get now. She was glorious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    And different opponents. Lochte went up against the guy who ultimately won the individual gold. It's ridiculous to just blame the anchor whenever a team loses.
    I don't blame him, but Lochte had a lousy split regardless.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    And different opponents. Lochte went up against the guy who ultimately won the individual gold. It's ridiculous to just blame the anchor whenever a team loses.
    The other three guys won their legs of the relay. Lochte, whose job was simply to hold the lead he was given, didn't win his leg and he let the other guy overtake him. He very nearly lost the silver, too.

If you don't have that killer mentality, you should not be swimming anchor.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

I was a competitive swimmer for 10 years. I loved swimming anchor and not once when I swan achor did I fail to do my job.
    Wow, is there anything you haven't done?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Wow, is there anything you haven't done?

Well, I guess she hasn't won the 200 and 400 m swimming medley at the Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post

Dragonlady might be Klochkova in disguise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post

When I was growing up, rich kids went to the Olympics and we weren't rich. I swam with kids and against kids who did go to the Olympics and I was more than competitive with them so I have often wondered whether I could have gone to the Olympics if things had been different. We had no money for year round swimming and there were no indoor pools in the town where I lived so I was a "summer swimmer". I didn't even dream of going to the Olympics because it was never anything that I would have had the chance to do.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678