vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Egyptian is leading the fencing

ETa; Now behind.
    He lost, still a silver medal. Go Africa and Go Egypt

vCash

Thumbs up Congrats to both!

Lei Sheng (China) won fencing gold!!!!

BTW, his name means Thunder in Chinese. Gorgeous name, and gorgeous young man!

And big congrats to Egyptian fencer! A silver! That was a magnificent fight!

vCash
    ITA, I think this clothing of the americans was designed by Ryan Lochte

vCash
    I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet:

Hope Solo feuding with Brandi Chastain over commentary

n response to Solo's tirade, Chastain told Us Weekly:

"My only comment is I am in London to cover women's soccer for NBC in an honest and objective fashion, and that is what I have done, and will continue to do for the rest of the tournament."

On July 28, Solo, the goalkeeper of the United States women's soccer team, unleashed her fury through a series of tweets directed at Chastain, because of comments the former athlete made on TV.

"As a defender, your responsibilities are to defend . . . win the ball, and then keep possession," Chastain said on NBC. "And that's something that [defender] Rachel Buehler actually needs to improve on in this tournament."

Chastain's comments didn't sit well with Solo, 31, who turned to Twitter to gripe about Chastain.

"Lay off commentating about defending and gking until you get more educated @brandichastain the game has changed from a decade ago. #fb," she wrote, adding:
    Hope Solo needs to get a grip Commentating is not about having your heads up the athletes' butts, as much as NBC would like us to think.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    GB gets a penalty against Brazil!

ETA: Oooh and she missed it
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet:

Hope Solo feuding with Brandi Chastain over commentary

Hope Solo needs to get a grip Commentating is not about having your heads up the athletes' butts, as much as NBC would like us to think.
    Hope Solo is pathetic IMHO - football isn't a sport that changes greatly over time - and if a commentator - and great ex-player herself - notices a player isn't playing well then she is perfectly entitled to say so.

vCash
    Phelps swimming anchor for the US - awesome! Memo to Lochte: When your team gives you the lead, the anchor's job is to keep it.

vCash
    Hope Solo needs to shut up. Does she understand what a commentator is supposed to do?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    GB beat Brazil in football!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Why is Phelps swimming anchor a good thing? His swimming isn't necessarily better than Lachte's at these games.

Though I do wonder if he is getting the hell teased out of him since a girl swam faster.
    Figure skating is hard.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    GB beat Brazil in football!
    YAY!!!!!!! No failing snatches!!!!!
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Why is Phelps swimming anchor a good thing? His swimming isn't necessarily better than Lachte's at these games.
    When you swim anchor in a relay you have to do one of two things: If your team hands you a lead, you HAVE to keep it; or if you go into the water in second place, your job is to take the lead.

Lochte went into the water in the lead and lost it. He failed. Phelps went into the water in the lead and held it. They won.

I was a competitive swimmer for 10 years. I loved swimming anchor and not once when I swan achor did I fail to do my job. Watching Lochte cough up that lead was brutal.

vCash
    Anyone following the badmington skandal ? I hope we'll see some footage... Apparently teams were trying their very best to lose their matches to avoid each other in the next round and might be disqualified.
    And they say skating is dramatic....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    When you swim anchor in a relay you have to do one of two things: If your team hands you a lead, you HAVE to keep it; or if you go into the water in second place, your job is to take the lead.

Lochte went into the water in the lead and lost it. He failed. Phelps went into the water in the lead and held it. They won.

I was a competitive swimmer for 10 years. I loved swimming anchor and not once when I swan achor did I fail to do my job. Watching Lochte cough up that lead was brutal.
    different size leads -different distances- different races

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Le Clos is crying. Saying Phelps is his hero and that he didn't expect it.
    Awww, that's adorable. I will go and comfort him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    different size leads -different distances- different races
    And different opponents. Lochte went up against the guy who ultimately won the individual gold. It's ridiculous to just blame the anchor whenever a team loses.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Beating Lochte's time in that split is well beyond amazing and well into the realm of physically impossible. There are all kinds of reasons why men are faster in the pool than women starting with they're bigger and have more upper body strength, and men have bigger hands and feet which is the equivalent of bigger propellers. When you factor in the doping history of the Chinese team, as someone said, "If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . . ".

As someone who was a competitive swimmer for 10 years, I will never believe that girl is clean, because what she did is simply is impossible. Those who are saying she might have done it clean are only doing so because her test revealed no drugs.
    Maybe your duck it really a gander . . . Maybe she is a man rather than doped. Why don't they test her like they did the South African sprinter?

Phelps swimming anchor for the US - awesome! Memo to Lochte: When your team gives you the lead, the anchor's job is to keep it.
    I'm still not certain why Lochte was on the team, let alone the anchor. I think the coach made a mistake . . . and I'm a Lochte fan and a former cabana, high school, and club swimmer.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 07-31-2012 at 10:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by millyskate View Post
    Anyone following the badmington skandal ? I hope we'll see some footage... Apparently teams were trying their very best to lose their matches to avoid each other in the next round and might be disqualified.
    And they say skating is dramatic....
    what??? trying to lose to avoid each other? what is the point in that? if you lose you´re out and thats it, no matter what or at what stage of the competition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braulio View Post
    what??? trying to lose to avoid each other? what is the point in that? if you lose you´re out and thats it, no matter what or at what stage of the competition

No, because they had pools. Teams involved are from China, Indonesia and Korea.
    Neither Indonesia or China 2 wanted to face China 1 in the second round, and Korea 1 and 2 didn't want to meet in the quarter finals either. As a result, they were tossing the shuttlecock into the net or out of the court in bids to lose....
    Apparently, it all went pear-shaped when China 1 lost to Denmark and the planned all-Chinese final became an impossibility unless China 2 lost to Indonesia...

According to twitter, spectators may get their money back and people may get disqualified.

An early article here: http://www.standard.co.uk/olympics/o...e-7994925.html

Follow https://twitter.com/gailemms for inside news.

ETA: I think I got my facts wrong. It was China 2 v Korea and Korea v Indonesia or something.
    Last edited by millyskate; 07-31-2012 at 11:13 PM.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by millyskate View Post
    No, because they had pools. Teams involved are from China, Indonesia and Korea.
    Neither Indonesia or China 2 wanted to face China 1 in the second round, and Korea 1 and 2 didn't want to meet in the quarter finals either. As a result, they were tossing the shuttlecock into the net or out of the court in bids to lose....
    Apparently, it all went pear-shaped when China 1 lost to Denmark and the planned all-Chinese final became an impossibility unless China 2 lost to Indonesia...

According to twitter, spectators may get their money back and people may get disqualified.
    LMAO that's HILARIOUS.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast