Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    V. Williams just hammered Wozniak from Canada in women's tennis.
    I was skimming through this thread while killing time before the WAG Team Final, and when I saw the above post, my initial thought was

"The hell? When TF did Steve Wozniak become a tennis phenom?
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

vCash
    Wow, two more bronze for Canada! Yay! Antoine is so pretty.

And it looks like Tsonga and Raonic will play forever and ever. What's the longest match in the Olympics? I predict 35-33, but not sure which player.

vCash
    In Canada they said that the Chinese swimmer's urine sample is going to be kept for testing at a future time when the technology is better because no one believes she's really clean.

Beating Lochte's time in that split is well beyond amazing and well into the realm of physically impossible. There are all kinds of reasons why men are faster in the pool than women starting with they're bigger and have more upper body strength, and men have bigger hands and feet which is the equivalent of bigger propellers. When you factor in the doping history of the Chinese team, as someone said, "If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . . ".

As someone who was a competitive swimmer for 10 years, I will never believe that girl is clean, because what she did is simply is impossible. Those who are saying she might have done it clean are only doing so because her test revealed no drugs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    In Canada they said that the Chinese swimmer's urine sample is going to be kept for testing at a future time when the technology is better because no one believes she's really clean.

Beating Lochte's time in that split is well beyond amazing and well into the realm of physically impossible. There are all kinds of reasons why men are faster in the pool than women starting with they're bigger and have more upper body strength, and men have bigger hands and feet which is the equivalent of bigger propellers. When you factor in the doping history of the Chinese team, as someone said, "If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . . ".

As someone who was a competitive swimmer for 10 years, I will never believe that girl is clean, because what she did is simply is impossible. Those who are saying she might have done it clean are only doing so because her test revealed no drugs.
    Is there a problem with that??

vCash
    Can I just add a to Canadians today! Three bronze medals and in sports of Judo and weightlifting? Not exactly what we are known for! That's awesome!
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Is there a problem with that??
    What I'm saying is that people in swimming don't believe she didn't dope, just that technology can't catch her - yet. That's why they're preserving her sample.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Can I just add a to Canadians today! Three bronze medals and in sports of Judo and weightlifting? Not exactly what we are known for! That's awesome!
    Just incredible!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    What I'm saying is that people in swimming don't believe she didn't dope, just that technology can't catch her - yet. That's why they're preserving her sample.
    They actually preserve many (all?) samples. Prior to the Olys they announced that 2004 samples were going to be retested. So that's standard procedure.

vCash
    Yeah, that's not unique to just her. They did that in previous Olympics and they have caught people. I think that's just more inflammatory journalism.

vCash
    I am watching this chinese swimmer but with a big question mark, it amazes me how she is doing and with the background of her fellowmates like in 1994 I really doubt her, so her accomplishments here for me are like doubtful

vCash
    to Vincent Hancock (USA) on his 2nd Olympic gold in Men's Skeet Shooting!

I LOVE the British Equestrian ladies! I hope in the movie they're played by Judi Dench and Helen Mirren.

vCash
    Missy Franklin is a dead ringer for Tessa Virtue, or at least he sister.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    The participants of the bronze medal match in fencing just walked onto the "stage" (or whatever it's called) to the sweet sounds of RFAD.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    I think the reason there is so much suspicion about the Chinese swimmer is that she is from China. I feel bad for the girl.

Ruta came out of nowhere to win her gold medal with times she had never swum before, but she's a Lithuanian living and training in Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    Missy Franklin is a dead ringer for Tessa Virtue, or at least he sister.
    Her very, very tall sister.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    The participants of the bronze medal match in fencing just walked onto the "stage" (or whatever it's called) to the sweet sounds of RFAD.
    I think you mean "piste." It means "racetrack" or "floor" in french.

vCash
    I thought Franklin looked like Tessa last night when I saw her! Glad I wasn't the only one.

And while you can never be sure in sport about doping or not, I'm liking that former stars like Adrian Moorehouse and Ian Thorpe are supporting Ye Shiwen (who at 141 lb., 5'8" is not built like those 1990 Chinese cheats). They said they dropped 4-5 seconds from their best times when they were in their teens so saying that that particular point is indicative of doping is not necessarily valid. If you are going to point a finger so seriously at someone, at least make sure the points you make are valid.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Why are we getting Missy Franklin fluff piece?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Did you know she wears size 13 shoes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    ´cause she´s Missy!!

Cesar Cielo pumping his chest but oh boy his chest was red after that spanking!

vCash
    Wow Cuba has a swimmer Hanser Garcia 48.04!!! third into the finals, could he be the ´Ruta Melyutite´kind of shocker on the mens´side?

Nathan Adrian and James Magnussen and Cesar Cielo are the favourites still, I dont see the cuban going under 48 seconds, but impressive!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast