Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    vCash
    NBC is just NOT HAPPY unless they're wuzrobbing someone. Anyone. They're a wuzrob-for-hire. Other stations across the globe are now calling NBC and for a small fee, they'll protest your athlete's medal like a carnivore on roadkill. Weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth! They'll get you results or you don't have to pay!

vCash
    Thank goodness for TV streams!

NBC's Olympics coverage has always been a travesty. If I were watching only NBC I would have thought there is nothing other than gymnastics and swimming in the Olympics.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Worse than ever.

What countries can I go to in 2014 and 2016 to get good TV coverage of the games?
    2014 I would like a nice warm place for a winter get away from the cold.
    2016 I would like balmy, not too humid.
    Last edited by Rob; 07-31-2012 at 05:36 AM.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Late night coverage on right now...at least we get Mary Carillo instead of Bob Costas as the "host."
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    TIME FOR LATE NIGHT!!

SHAUN WHITE AND JOHNNY MAC!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    hours and hours of
    Resulting in dual bronze medals.

Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    NBC is just NOT HAPPY unless they're wuzrobbing someone. Anyone. They're a wuzrob-for-hire.
    To be fair, Tim Daggett didn't wuzrob the Ukrainians on gymnastics. He said at one point that he thought Uchimura did get up on the dismount when he first watched it, even though it was obviously a mess. (Those weren't his words.) I don't particularly like Daggett's commentary, but I'll take it over Scott and Sandra in Figure Skating.

Uchimura, incidentally, is expressing regret for the British and the Ukrainians. Which shows a lot of class, actually:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Late night coverage on right now...at least we get Mary Carillo instead of Bob Costas as the "host."
    I still think of the "OI" (Olympic Ice) when I see her. That was a great show.

vCash
    There is just no excuse for this travesty purporting to be coverage of the sport of gymnastics. It's so disrespectful. NBC just sucks.

I'm sick and very cranky and all I want is to watch some excellent gymnastics. I don't care which team wins. I just want to watch some excellent gym without it being edited to the point of insanity. NBC sucks.
    Last edited by JJH; 07-31-2012 at 07:23 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    Resulting in dual bronze medals.

To be fair, Tim Daggett didn't wuzrob the Ukrainians on gymnastics. He said at one point that he thought Uchimura did get up on the dismount when he first watched it, even though it was obviously a mess. (Those weren't his words.) I don't particularly like Daggett's commentary, but I'll take it over Scott and Sandra in Figure Skating.

Uchimura, incidentally, is expressing regret for the British and the Ukrainians. Which shows a lot of class, actually:
    I know what you mean at least Dagget can point out a mistake. He'll say "That was not good" or "that is huge Al"
    i wish Scott would point out more under rotated jumps, flutzes and two foots to the casual viewer.

vCash
    was it mentioned yet that NBC actually spoiled Missy Franklin's Gold Medal race before it was shown?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olymp...&dlvrit=206567

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    was it mentioned yet that NBC actually spoiled Missy Franklin's Gold Medal race before it was shown?

I was watching with a group of people and we saw that, but assumed they meant some other race, since swimmers do so many events.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post

We noticed that here...

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Well at least they showed Missy's race in primetime. I don't understand why they save men's gymnastics on tape delay for primetime and then they barely show it at all.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I"m going to be watching online, if possible, because I'm sick of NBC tv coverage showing primarily USA athletes. I love my country and support our athletes, but I watch the Olympics to watch the finest athletes from all countries. This is more of an issue for sports like gymnastics; NBC shows primarily the US athletes with just a few of the others.

vCash
    i gave up and installed expatshield so i could watch the bbc broadcast live, no ommercials, and they even showed the medal ceremony!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213