Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Oh lord! Your friend must not have a clue about gymnastics and/or the Olympics. Bless her heart.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    You guys are going to be totally shocked to find this out, but the prediction contest is a bit of a blood bath so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    You guys are going to be totally shocked to find this out, but the prediction contest is a bit of a blood bath so far.
    Hehe, I'll bet.

I was just looking at my PH EF predictions and after the top 3, I must've just picked some random guys. I don't even know who Vid HIDVEGI is.

vCash
    Yeah I've decided that I can't bet on anything. Who knows, Kohei could implode and Danell Leyva could win the AA. I scoffed at that idea a month ago, but now I'm thinking anything is possible.
    And I only tuned in for the last half of the men's final and WOW it was like the US team didn't even exist. And no Ukraine still rings either, even though it was evident GB and the Ukraine were fighting for the same medal? Dumb. Just dumb. Ugh, I hope tomorrow night is better.

vCash
    Wow, what a wholly unsatisfactory night.

China wins (again), Japan gets a silver that many will consider tainted, Ukraine gets teased with the possibility of a medal only to have it snatched away............and USA well off the podium, with our local boy Orozco perhaps earning a new nickname...Bronx Bomber. Was he injured?? He had a look of dread on his face from the get-go.

Only good part was GB getting a medal.

Title-less
    vCash
    Well, China deserves their win. I wish they'd bring back the pretty lines and form more though.

But I must say this. The Chinese team (who used to be so stretched and graceful) used to have me nervousing because they always looked so fragile as a team by the Olympics, causing them to lose 1996 and other team golds. But they really showed some mental toughness these days. I mean, beating Japan on their home turf at last year's world and then repeating as gold medalist here.

vCash
    Maybe Danell Leyva just wasn't concentrating enough on his Team Finals preparation: Leyva sending half-naked pictures of himself to women.

vCash
    I'm beyond words sad for Ukraine....they deserved and needed that medal so much!! And I'm a big Japan-fan saying this. It's not Ukraines fault the judges don't know how to judge... The poor, poor guys!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    Maybe Danell Leyva just wasn't concentrating enough on his Team Finals preparation: Leyva sending half-naked pictures of himself to women.
    LOL But honesty I don't think that has any bearing on his performance last night.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    LOL But honesty I don't think that has any bearing on his performance last night.
    Me neither, that was a joke.

Actually, while he had significant problems on the pommel horse, Leyva wasn't bad on any of his other events in the team final. Unfortunately, his pommel horse + Sam's errors + John's errors added up.

vCash
    Just finished watching some stream in an obscure language.

Awesome win for China! Well deserved!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1227 View Post
    .....Well he seems to be getting excited in one of those pictures

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post

And if any other country than Japan had done this, fred, wouldn't you be calling them Sale and Pelletier? Be honest.
    Pesky French judges....

vCash
    CONGRATS China!!! They were amazing, and I am so happy for them!

I really wanted Japan to win, but I am happy they eventually got the silver, though I feel terrible for the Ukrainian team

and congrats, too, to the Brits! They were awesome, and I am so happy they were able to perform that way at home.

so, so sad for Orozco...I hope he bounces back in the individuals and all-around.

vCash
    John only has the AA, he didn't qualify for any EF so not much chance for redemption unfortunately. I really hope he has a solid night regardless of the result. NBC's coverage was so unfair not showing his rebound events.

vCash
    Does NBC think we only want to see the USA gymnasts?

And what in the world is wrong with Uchimura? He looks like he's sick or in pain. Is he injured or nervous??? Hope he will be ok in the AA, it'd be such a devastating olympics if he lost along with Jordan out of AA.

Congrats to China, sad NBC only showed them a few times, so really didn't get to see much of anything.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    Does NBC think we only want to see the USA gymnasts?
    [NBC Television Production Head]"Other countries exist beyond the US border? Well, knock me over with a feather!"[/NBC Production Television Head]

Praise Ceiling Cat that for the online streaming of events as NBC's Prime Time coverage has been atrociously abysmal -- even moreso than their coverage of Vancouver (something I didn't think was possible)....
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Gah, this coverage SUCKS! I think we saw 2 parallel bar routines, NO rings, and maybe one or two high bar routines? And Tim and Elfie are the Scott and Sandra team of gymnastics.

loved the penultimate GB floor routine - that guy was fab!

((Orozco))
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    If Twitter's any indication, casual viewers were left confused at the end of the event and asking for the scores to be shown. Way to go NBC!

vCash
    They didn't show any scores? I watched the live feed so I didn't pay much attention to what they were doing on NBC. I just watched it to see if there would be any wuzrobbing.

Lurved Purvis's FX. That's the kind of gymnastics I want to see: not the most COP difficult, but the most well-done. And it sure looked freaking difficult.

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast