Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 126
  1. #61

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    Posts
    21,099
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12653
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Caitlin Scratchy McLatchey?
    With all the weightlifting talk here, I first read that as

    "Caitlyn Scratchy McSnatchy"
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In Saransk, RUS with Gordi Pots
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,036
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Missy Franklin just qualified in eight for the final, but she seemed very cautious, it looks she is saving for the 100 back, though I think it´s Seebhom gold to lose

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,891
    vCash
    1670
    Rep Power
    3863
    Go Paul Biedermann, i want germnay on the medal table..

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In Saransk, RUS with Gordi Pots
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,036
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I dont think Ryan will win a medal, maybe a bronze at his best

    Chinese and French swimmers will go 1-2, look for Taehwan Park

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In Saransk, RUS with Gordi Pots
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,036
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Agnel GOLD! Sun and Park tie for Silver

    Ryan out

    as I predicted

    What a meet for the french!!! wow

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    767
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Is swimming Zueva related to skating Zueva? I hope so!

  7. #67
    Resident Rude Brazilian
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Nobunari Oda School of Arithmetics
    Posts
    3,025
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7276
    A bit of volleyball snark:

    What kind of parents name their child Destinee Hooker?
    Dá-lhe, Isadora!!
    Lead me not into temptation. I can find it, and eat it, all by myself.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    I'm turning what????
    Age
    43
    Posts
    9,296
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    328
    After at least 40 minutes, they rejected the protest of the epee semifinal and physically escorted Shin from the piste. The crowd gave her a standing ovation as she left.

    I don't know how she is going to recover. She is supposed to come back in a few minutes for the bronze-medal match.

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,891
    vCash
    1670
    Rep Power
    3863
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    A bit of volleyball snark:

    What kind of parents name their child Destinee Hooker?
    haha, i always wondered the same question..

  10. #70
    Prick Admin
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Having a kiki
    Posts
    41,882
    vCash
    506
    Rep Power
    12373
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,888
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    33532
    Quote Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
    A bit of volleyball snark:

    What kind of parents name their child Destinee Hooker?
    What an unfortunate name!

  12. #72

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,888
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    33532
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    After at least 40 minutes, they rejected the protest of the epee semifinal and physically escorted Shin from the piste. The crowd gave her a standing ovation as she left.

    I don't know how she is going to recover. She is supposed to come back in a few minutes for the bronze-medal match.
    Hope she gets over it. Sounds terrible!

  13. #73

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    27,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12082
    What exactly happened in the fencing?

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    530
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    ETA: I just read an article that explained it. How could they have three starts of the clock ending in simultaneous touches without a single second running off the clock? And then the German won it on the fourth touch. That sounds like a pretty good basis for a protest.
    I'm not sure. If they chose to not measure in smaller increments, time's being rounded up. Thus Shin's job was to keep Heidemann from scoring for one second (an advantage she got because of a coin toss) which she failed to do four times in a row. I do feel sorry for Shin, but that's my understanding of the situation.

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,888
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    33532
    Looks like all the audience in fencing arena is cheering for Shin. She's getting more and more applause when she scores.

  16. #76

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    27,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12082
    Yes, Colombia gets a second silver in weightlifting!
    Usually it takes us much longer to get two medals.

  17. #77

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    I'm turning what????
    Age
    43
    Posts
    9,296
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzy View Post
    I'm not sure. If they chose to not measure in smaller increments, time's being rounded up. Thus Shin's job was to keep Heidemann from scoring for one second (an advantage she got because of a coin toss) which she failed to do four times in a row. I do feel sorry for Shin, but that's my understanding of the situation.
    But physically, how could a fencer cover the distance from the starting point to the opponent in less than one second? They start at least eight feet apart. And even if they managed to do it once, is it really possible that it happened three separate times, not to mention that less than a second elapsed before the German made the final touch to win on the fourth attempt?

    But it does beg the question why they don't use tenths of a second at the end of a fencing match. I know basketball switches to tenths in the last second of a quarter to prevent slow clock starts and ensure that time is counted.

    Shin just lost the bronze-medal match 15-11. She actually had the lead midway through the match.

  18. #78

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    in Yuna bubble everafter
    Posts
    4,888
    vCash
    465
    Rep Power
    33532
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    Can someone explain what happed in epee? The Korean fencer is refusing to leave the piste due to the protest and is just sitting and crying.

    ETA: I just read an article that explained it. How could they have three starts of the clock ending in simultaneous touches without a single second running off the clock? And then the German won it on the fourth touch. That sounds like a pretty good basis for a protest.
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    But physically, how could a fencer cover the distance from the starting point to the opponent in less than one second? They start at least eight feet apart. And even if they managed to do it once, is it really possible that it happened three separate times, not to mention that less than a second elapsed before the German made the final touch to win on the fourth attempt?
    That does beg for a question. Thanks for explaining!

  19. #79
    Prick Admin
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Having a kiki
    Posts
    41,882
    vCash
    506
    Rep Power
    12373
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

  20. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    In Saransk, RUS with Gordi Pots
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,036
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Yes, Colombia gets a second silver in weightlifting!
    Usually it takes us much longer to get two medals.
    And Colombia has many more options, in weightlifting and cycling, not forget about the women´s triple jump!

    It could be a great games for Colombia indeed

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •