Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    That's funny. Jeffrey Buttle doesn't seem to be hiding it one bit. Not in that video anyway. I'm not giving anyone advice. I'm just tired of guys like Buttle taking us all down with him. Gay or straight.
    I thought you'd gone away and taken your narrow little mind with you.

How is Jeff having fun "taking everybody down"?

Oh, I know.

You're jealous! Jealous that he has an Olympic medal, jealous that he's a world champion, jealous that he's that gorgeous, jealous that he's so comfortable with himself he does whatever he wants, jealous of his lovely skating. So jealous that you have to find ways to belittle him to cover your own feelings of inadequacy.

vCash
    Not everyone who dislikes someone/something is jealous. ^

vCash
    he doth protest...

In that case (jfever), it's okay! You can BE YOU! Not all the world is composed of bigots, so take a deep breath and let yourself believe that yes indeed, there is a community out there that will love you and accept you and embrace you. Yes, Jeff who does not seem to be hiding it one bit, and you don't have to either! How much easier it is, suddenly!

vCash
    You prefer a world were genders don't exist and everyone is androgynous? That's fine, but I suspect that it puts you in the minority.
    There are more options than girl (who only likes boys), boy (who only like girls), androgynous being. And just because a large number of people adhere to a certain set of views, doesn't mean those views should prevail. The majority can hold some really effed up views.

That's funny. Jeffrey Buttle doesn't seem to be hiding it one bit. Not in that video anyway. I'm not giving anyone advice. I'm just tired of guys like Buttle taking us all down with him. Gay or straight.
    Why/how does a man walking in a way that some perceive to be effeminate equate to him being gay? I just don't get the rigid gender roles. Why can't people just negotiate gender and sexuality on their own terms? Why can't gender, sexuality, and identity in general be fluid, amorphous?
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 08-16-2012 at 04:38 PM.

vCash
    I can't get over how readily one poster is able to consistently draw attention with the same issue. Has to be getting some sort of pathological thrill out of the response.

MORE ON TOPIC given the thread's title ... To me, it is obvious that the video took a lot of effort, but is simply meant to be FUN and for the FANS. I think the video was extremely well done.

Alex Shibutani seems to have a real knack for understanding how to create, direct and ultimately, entertain.

I think really fun adaption of what I think is AWESOME choreography that Jeff Buttle did for the Men's program from theIce show.

Maia Shibutani does some skillful camera-work as well (she shares photography credit with Alex in the notes for the video).

Great sense of humor and a welcome display of the friendships amongst the skaters. Looking forward to the next ShibSibs production.

vCash
    Speaking of the Men's part on the ice, one or two skaters were jumping at the background. They were so far from the camera that I could not identify who were doing what.

Any suggestions? To me, the first one looked like Jeremy doing 3F-3T.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456