Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    ...........why must anyone adhere to the gender binary system? Why do the ways in which skaters negotiate their gender identity concern you so much?
    Because, in the eyes of the general public, famous male figure skaters represent all male figure skaters. I don't want people thinking that we're all like that. Its embarrassing and potentially career threatening.

vCash
    I love this. So much fun. Taka sleeping is the best part.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Fever View Post
    Because, in the eyes of the general public, famous male figure skaters represent all male figure skaters. I don't want people thinking that we're all like that. Its embarrassing and potentially career threatening.
    For God's sake, who cares what people think? And if they think like that they are just ignorant and homophobic. I don't understand what the problem is. This is only a video with skaters having fun.

vCash
    Ok, now I'm back to thinking you're just yanking our chains and giggling over the serious responses. No one can be this stupid.

Unless you really are a 12 yo boy skater afraid to come out, in which case just be yourself. Better to lose a silly competition and win at life than the other way around. And please, how many medals did Rudy and Johnny win? Give up #keephomophobiaalive and live in 2012 already

vCash
    I'm not sure why anyone would argue that because baseball players are supposedly less "effeminate" than figure skaters, they are somehow more likely to be heterosexual. After all, baseball involves "pitchers," "catchers," men putting their hands on their "bats," and playing on the "same team" as eight other guys.

vCash

I don't even know where to START with that one...

vCash
    For many people in the general public, "male skaters" only brings to mind Jimmy MacElroy and Chazz Michael Michaels, not Alex Shibutani, Takahiko Kozuka or Charlie White. Also, athletes in various sports make silly videos all the time (not to mention wearing outlandish costumes on Dancing With the Stars). Really - calm down. Alex Shibutani's Youtube productions will have zero effect on you.

The video's awesome, of course, as was the Shibs' earlier Friday one with Adam Rippon. If Alex and Maia happen to see this: please continue. If anyone from the Orange Team sees this: please interview the Shibs, if you haven't yet.
    Last edited by Zemgirl; 07-31-2012 at 04:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    If Alex and Maia happen to see this: please continue. If anyone from the Orange Team sees this: please interview the Shibs, if you haven't yet.
    Yes! Please!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    It feels like the first 1 or 2 were enough. Now there are way too many of these copy cat "Call Me" videos.
    Not even this one:

Share it maybe

vCash
    Great. As if we don't have a gay enough reputation.
    Rather, let's all celebrate figure skaing as a sport which allows members of any sex and sexual orientation have amazing athletic achievement and express themselves. I'd much rather general public move into 21st century than skaters present any kind of "image".
    Cutest video, IMO. Saw swimmers and baseball players, as well, and laughed all the way. Skaters rule, though, because they can dance.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    I love this video! I was getting exhausted with the song, yet when it showed up in my YouTube subscription, I couldn't help but watch and rewatch this video because the skaters are being silly and having so much fun with it.

Maybe it's because of their youth, but I think Maia and Alex make the most effective use of social media platforms to build a community with skaters and fans alike. Not only do you get Alex's hilarious tweets on a regular basis, you also get the occasional brilliantly written IN blogs, photos after each event on Facebook, Instagram photos, and now YouTube videos! Being a fan of a sport that currently relies on laggy livestreams at ungodly hours of the night/morning and shaky fancams, anything extra from skaters themselves is really appreciated. Thanks for spoiling me Maia and Alex! Keep it up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Not even this one:

Share it maybe
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Cookie Monster!!!!

vCash
    Not even this one:

Share it maybe
    COOKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

vCash
    Not that I agree with Johnny Fever's point but whether you like it or not but figure skating is perceived as a 'gay sport'.

(I say screw it and embrace the camp. )

vCash
    Not even this one:

Share it maybe

Love the drummer's deadpan cool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mkats View Post
    I have a huge crush on Alex Shibutani.
    Yes- he is one good looking guy.

Of course, now Johnny Fever has let me know that by doing this video he is a lesser gay, I guess I'm wasting my time. (Or maybe he is a greater gay but I didn't already know it?)

vCash
    I never bothered to watch the whole video, but lets take a specific example. At 0:13, there's a guy up front, dressed in black walking towards camera in a hotel hallway. His mannerisms make Johnny Weir look like Chuck Norris. Any non-skater in the world would watch that and have his mind made up.

vCash
    I never bothered to watch the whole video, but lets take a specific example. At 0:13, there's a guy up front, dressed in black walking towards camera in a hotel hallway. His mannerisms make Johnny Weir look like Chuck Norris. Any non-skater in the world would watch that and have his mind made up.
    So what? Why does it bother you so much?

vCash
    You prefer a world were genders don't exist and everyone is androgynous? That's fine, but I suspect that it puts you in the minority.

vCash
    You prefer a world were genders don't exist and everyone is androgynous? That's fine, but I suspect that it puts you in the minority.

Well, I prefer a world where people have freedom to be themselves.
    Last edited by masofs; 08-01-2012 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    Are you sure you're actually a skater? Because that guy you didn't even bother to name is Jeffrey Buttle, who shouldn't be difficult for a skating fan to recognize. And he is clearly having some fun with his friends. Who cares if he's not acting like some kind of action hero? Who says all men have to behave in a specific, Johnny_Fever approved way? Go watch something else if this offends you so deeply.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast