Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

vCash
    Thanks everyone.

vCash
    "Can you get points for being sexy?"
    My favorite Al Trautwig quote yet!!

He definitely is well into the flask!

vCash
    wow, way to go NBC, showing Ponor and Iordache's floor routines, but not Izbasa's, and then showing Romanians' bars (but not the Russians').

vCash
    And they didn't show Izbasa's floor. So no Afan and no Sandra. My two favorite floor routines are nowhere to be seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ssminnow View Post
    wow, way to go NBC, showing Ponor and Iordache's floor routines, but not Izbasa's, and then showing Romanians' bars (but not the Russians').
    Gotta make the U.S look the best the girls can do this without the help of editing, its almost insulting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ssminnow View Post
    The story tonight seems to be how great the US is and how much the other teams struggle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    The bitch of it is, had Jordyn had a bad night, it might be more forgiving. But she had a night most gymnasts would DREAM of having.

It's ridiculous that the person with the fourth highest score of the day doesn't even get to try. More than likely, someone who did worse than Weiber will medal, and that's hard to stomach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    This 2 per country rule has been around for a while.

I find it funny that only now people are calling for it to be eliminated.

I don't like it either, but it's not like it's anything new.
    I think it's being mentioned by a lot more peeps this time because 1) Jordyn placed 4th and that's pretty high to be cut, and mostly 2) it's the defending World AA champion who isn't making AA, and when has that ever happened?

Anyway, I remember the reasons for both the 3 per country and 2 per country rules, but I don't think those reasons exist anymore. A team is no longer composed of 6 AAers. Most countries have 2 AAers, some have 3, so it's ridiculous to limit under the current team makeup. The top 24 should be the top 24. Maybe they would have let Bulimar compete AA if they hadn't been afraid she would knock Iordache out. And Komova, Mustafina and Grishina are all fabulous enough to be in top 24. So it's not just USA who got hurt here. But it's a bigger deal this time because it's the reigning world champ who didn't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by london_calling View Post
    Coverage ends at 12:00. They have to pick and choose.
    They could choose to chack the fluff and not show competitors standing around, and show more gymnastics instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Let's bring on Peter Carruthers to replace Al. He's always very complimentary of the Russians in skating, why not in gymnastics? It's not like he'd be some kind of downgrade from Al.
    I vote for Shannon Miller.
    Last edited by pollyanna; 07-30-2012 at 06:02 AM.

vCash
    Is my fever warping my perception or is NBC focusing and spinning everything in the most negative possible way?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    Is my fever warping my perception or is NBC focusing and spinning everything in the most negative possible way?

No, they definitely are.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    I'm reminding myself that this is qualifying (as important as it is). I hope the team event coverage is way better. I don't like it when they are trying to script a story. It's irritating....

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    This is the problem when everything is tape delayed....they can spin it however they want and we can't do a thing about it. IIRC, they did it for Sydney and Athens too. It's just a show to the network now instead of a sporting event and that's a shame. The athletes deserve better than that.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Ponor is 24??? Wow! She's amazing!

vCash
    Shallow moment. Ponor is also really beautiful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JJH View Post
    Shallow moment. Ponor is also really beautiful.
    I remember a quote from way back about some women being women and some women being girls - in looks. At the time I think they were comparing Farah Fawcett and Angie Dickinson. Anyway, when I see Ponor, I always think she looks like a woman. She looked like a woman when she was 16.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    What an unfortunate nose on Addlington. She really needs to get that fixed if she's going to do red carpets. Unless there's a swimming witch movie in her future?
    Ah, plastic surgery - the answer to everything.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
    Can we start a campaign now to get Shannon Miller to do TV commentary for 2016?
    Dear god, yes. My eyes were rolling into the back of my head so many times during the commentary they resembled a hamster wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Michalle View Post
    Tim Daggett isn't great, but I do feel like he tries to insert reason when Al says really dumb stuff - he's just fighting against such an overwhelming tide of stupidity.
    You mean like when he called Gabby "the McKayla Maroney of the Uneven Bars?"

Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    lol, komova's got an edge because she grew out her bangs
    She definitely tiffed it up compared to 2001 Worlds -- at that competition, she looked a bit like a post-WWII street urchin, but now, with her hair lightened a bit, a smart, slicked-back pony tail, and some make-up, Komova looks more like a young woman.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    Wow, those are some bags under the eyes on Grishina!
    I saw that yesterday - she looked exhausted.
    "Meryl is from a magic planet where Disney princesses come from, and [Charlie's] hair is a magic carpet." ~~ Stephen Colbert, on The Colbert Report

vCash
    My friend took one look at Grishina and said "oh god she looks like she wants to cut someone"

vCash
    I didn't even notice gabby's shout out to Jesus because I was too busy that she called her blaringly obvious major mistake a minor misstep and also distracted by wondering if her teeth were twice as big as kerrigan's or just seemed that way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Ah, plastic surgery - the answer to everything.
    Yes... I'm glad she outed this guy...

vCash
    Eh, I wasn't a fan of her conk. But, any fool calling her a 'whale' is a blind ass.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast