Thread: London rental

vCash

London rental

Hello, I have a question about rents in London-Is it possible to rent a 1BR flat in the London vicinity for $400.00 US? I am under the impression that London is one of the more expensive cities, and am sceptical of this figure.

vCash
    Maybe if it's 1980.

What's "London vicinity"? Like Dagenham?

vCash
    I would assume it means London and the surrounding areas. No idea what the area is called, just that is in walking distance to Whitechapel. Let's say a 10 mile radius of the city-Do you know approximately the average rental in lets say a working class area would be?

vCash
    $400.00 a week, maybe. Not $400.00 a month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    I would assume it means London and the surrounding areas. No idea what the area is called, just that is in walking distance to Whitechapel. Let's say a 10 mile radius of the city-Do you know approximately the average rental in lets say a working class area would be?
    I did a quick search of available flats to let in that area of London, and the least expensive I could find in walking distance of Whitechapel was a one bedroom in Stepney for £260 per week. That'd be about $1,632 per month, US dollars.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Maybe a bed sit? I really don't know - never looked for other than hotels or B&B's in London.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Thanks, I didn't think this was true. Turns out that the person claiming it also insists that Normandy is in England. We were writing a novel together, and I found many of his facts to be suspect. Think I'll go it alone now.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Thanks, I didn't think this was true. Turns out that the person claiming it also insists that Normandy is in England. We were writing a novel together, and I found many of his facts to be suspect. Think I'll go it alone now.
    Oh....boy.

vCash
    Well, Normandy was part of England about 750 years ago. Maybe leesaleesa's friend hasn't kept up on current events.

vCash
    Lol. The copy so far is very colorful, but I don't think it'll sell. Not sure how a book about a murder/mystery set in Florida and Louisiana becomes a Da Vinci Code ripoff that has one character with a really good realtor living in a surprisingly affordable flat in London, Normandy England.

vCash
    Lol. The copy so far is very colorful, but I don't think it'll sell. Not sure how a book about a murder/mystery set in Florida and Louisiana becomes a Da Vinci Code ripoff that has one character with a really good realtor living in a surprisingly affordable flat in London, Normandy England.
    Alternate universe?
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Maybe you should think twice about this!

vCash
    Yeah, the partnership, she is dissolved. By the time it got around to Russian Tartars and fake Turks with mysteriously Mexican acents, who are ancient Celts from Wales, I threw the towel in for good.

vCash
    Yeah, the partnership, she is dissolved. By the time it got around to Russian Tartars and fake Turks with mysteriously Mexican acents, who are ancient Celts from Wales, I threw the towel in for good.
    I don't know. After reading this bit I think it would make a fabulous comedy.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Just me
    vCash
    .... Russian Tartars and fake Turks with mysteriously Mexican acents, who are ancient Celts from Wales, ....
    Now, THAT'S interesting!
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Lol. ..........that has one character with a really good realtor living in a surprisingly affordable flat in London, Normandy England.

There IS Normandie Hotel London, which in mid 2000's was a crapy flea-infested hole-in-the-wall hotel in the alley next to Paddington Train Station and belonged to your standard Indian Patels #100003 family . They did rent tiny rooms (toilets down the hall) during off-season for long-term per-week/per-months, and the monthly rate did come to 400-500 BP/month (which is not dollars, but still.... ). The hotel has been upgraded since, but it is still a hole-in-the-wall, only the prices went up